[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
• View topic - Presentation of the Bright College

It is currently Sat May 11, 2024 6:49 pm

Presentation of the Bright College

THE END-ZONE : Discussions about official news.
  • Author

Quindia

Re: Presentation of the Bright College

PostTue May 22, 2012 6:04 pm

BloodSkull wrote:.. a crappy Rat Ogre that's really lacking vision.

/tear

Now that's just mean. The Rat Ogre is awesome. I'm a little worried about fielding them in Dungeonbowl due to the Wild Animal rule, they might be too far away from the enemy to get moving. But seriously- I do enjoy them, the mutation access, speed- speed- speed- one of the awesomeness in defense against Clpomb is let your opponent waste the skill up by only having an AV8 to begin with- lol.

I will admit there are TONS of variables. I'm sure someone will write a guide and say 'this' or 'that' is the best, but at base it's still Bloodbowl. A one always fails, double skulls puts you on your ass, and a pair of 6's on the injury roll means it's time to make a new star player. I'm still excited about rampaging through the Dungeon with a MA 6 ST 5 Frenzy Rat Ogre.
The King of Coinjock

BloodSkull

PostThu May 24, 2012 9:08 pm

Quindia wrote:I do enjoy them, the mutation access, speed- speed- speed- one of the awesomeness in defense against Clpomb is let your opponent waste the skill up by only having an AV8 to begin with- lol.

Really? It's not that I like to split hairs,but Really?

RLB 6 wrote:
The opposing coach rolls two D6 and adds their scores together in an attempt to try to beat the Knocked Down player’s Armour value. If the roll succeeds, then the opposing coach is allowed to roll on the Injury table in the next column to see what injury the player has suffered.

Claw / Claws (Mutation)
A player with this skill is blessed with a huge crab like claw or razor sharp talons that make armour useless. When an opponent is Knocked Down by this player during a block, any Armour roll of 8 or more after modifications automatically breaks armour.

Mighty Blow (Strength)
Add 1 to any Armour or Injury roll made by a player with this skill when an opponent is Knocked Down by this player during a block. Note that you only modify one of the dice rolls, so if you decide to use Mighty Blow to modify the Armour roll, you may not modify the Injury roll as well. Mighty Blow cannot be used with the Stab or Chainsaw skills.

I'd take your word for it, but I rather not. Claw is useful on a roll of 8 because I need a 9 to beat AV8 also save MB for Injury roll, and is also useful on the roll of 7 because MB will give me the roll of 8 that I require to break the armor. PO is only stoppable by fend or not choosing to follow up, which is not very likely unless you were using a teleport as a poor mans fend. So, in conclusion Claw is useful for 11/36 rolls against AV8, MB is useful 7/12 of the time against AV8 with Claw, and PO is useful if I knock you down and move right beside you afterwards variable probability 0-50% (0 has fend - 50 if I can knock you down on a caution or both down). Asides from any other possible modifications to the armor roll I may have missed claw is still viable. On a AV 7 and lower its basically useless.

Quindia wrote:I'm sure someone will write a guide and say 'this' or 'that' is the best, but at base it's still Bloodbowl.

It's like saying Geometry and Discrete Mathematics are the same because the base is math, or Physics and Math are the same because they use the same mathematical foundation. Ringette and Hockey are basically the same because the basic core rules are based on Hockey, but the problem is it's not the same because they play differently in vary significant aspects.

Is vast majority of the rules the same? Ah Yes.

Is DB played in a wide open pitch that doesn't limit your Movement, ability to through the ball in a long bomb, the ability to start with 11 players on the pitch, and score multiple touch downs? NO, just because it has the same core values as to the base concept it truly is not the same game.

The Rat Ogre Comparatively to the Chaos Minotaur where the Rat only has a +1 MA and PT over the Mino's Horns and Thick Skull, which really is only a 20K value over the Mino, is nothing compared to the normal access of SM. The Chaos Dwarf there is only a 10k value over it as a side note. Even though you movement of 6 on a Rat Ogre your missing out on the 7 3 3 8 GS of a Blitzer that moves at the same rate as the DE Blitzer. Sure you can place them with the Orc Blitzers and move around possibly 1/2 the time or 1/6 if your going to waste the Blitz or you need to block. Even then Tentacles is on a doubles, which you did point out, but there are a lot better skills to waste the double on. Block, Pro, claw and Horns quickly come to mind. Tentacles are only good if there is only one way to go around the R.O.U.S is going through TZs.

Even with 16/24 Rule the Mino would be more desirable as a starter with Thick Skull or any big guy with Thick Skull or Regenerate (more preferable even more so if they take out the lousy rule). Sure at a level up the ROUS can take it which will take forever for your big guys to get to without block. This is at the cost of Break Tackle, Guard, Stand Firm, Juggernaut, and a massive number of better doubles. Basically any skill is better early on compared to Thick Skull. Thick Skull is some what important because you can not be KO'd as easily. A roll of 9+ (mods included) to take him out of the Dungeon, so more better players can get on the pitch without losing to the numbers game, and you do not have to reteleport it back on the pitch at a possibly undesirable location. PT is nice in the End Zone area, but there are several ways to get around it.

Sure you can enjoy the crappy ROUS and say under deep nostalgia that the Rat Ogre is great in BB. In actual play the Rat Ogre will be less desired than, in no specific order, Death Roller, Troll, Ogre, and possible beast of Nurgle (if added). It will possible out shine the Treeman (though they can still function nicely if take root in a proper spot), Yhetee, and Kroxigor.

Coach Jester

PostFri May 25, 2012 7:26 am

BloodSkull wrote: It's not that I like to split hairs

:lol: :lol: :lol: me thinks you do :lol: :lol: :lol:

BloodSkull wrote:Sure you can enjoy the crappy ROUS and say under deep nostalgia that the Rat Ogre is great in BB. In actual play the Rat Ogre will be less desired than, in no specific order, Death Roller, Troll, Ogre, and possible beast of Nurgle (if added). It will possible out shine the Treeman (though they can still function nicely if take root in a proper spot), Yhetee, and Kroxigor.

um why do you rate a troll better than a Yhetee? as you put the RO to out shine a Yhetee but not a troll

Quindia

PostFri May 25, 2012 9:13 am

BloodSkull wrote:
Quindia wrote:I'm sure someone will write a guide and say 'this' or 'that' is the best, but at base it's still Bloodbowl.

It's like saying Geometry and Discrete Mathematics are the same because the base is math, or Physics and Math are the same because they use the same mathematical foundation. Ringette and Hockey are basically the same because the basic core rules are based on Hockey, but the problem is it's not the same because they play differently in vary significant aspects.

Why do we even need lists at all then? Here's the point Blood, make us the perfect Dungeonbowl list that is mathmatically superior in every sense. And we will all only play that team which you designed. I believe there is a tactics section on here already- so let's continue this over there. I really agree with a lot of the points you are making. Feel like we hijacked this post a bit. And now back to the Bright College.
The King of Coinjock
Previous

Return to News