[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
• View topic - Presentation of the Bright College

It is currently Mon May 20, 2024 6:12 pm

Presentation of the Bright College

THE END-ZONE : Discussions about official news.
  • Author

dode74

Re: Presentation of the Bright College

PostWed May 02, 2012 8:17 pm

Jolly Roger wrote:Hi again,

Quindia wrote:
    • The rules document states "If you can use players that don’t fit into any of these categories (Dark Elf Witch Elves, for example), then you may have up to two of them." Does that mean for each of these categories or is the 0-2 rule applied over the entire team?

This rule doesn't exists in our version (as well as "4 blitzers, 4 runners, etc"). It is replaced by 2 players with the Loner competence max in a team.

Which begs the question, where do Witch Elves, Wardancers, Assassins etc fit into that scheme?

Darkson

PostWed May 02, 2012 8:21 pm

I asked a similar question, because I was confused (which I even stated may be my own fault), but it was deleted by Jolly Roger because "We gave the clarifications about the colleges composition and everyone seems to be happy with it" - you're obviously not an "everyone" either. :roll:

And people wonder why I lack faith in Cyanide - you ask a genuine question, as requested, and if they can't or won't answer it, it get's deleted.
I'd love to play Blood Bowl on the PC, but I want a FULL version, not some bugged, incomplete one.

Home of the ARBBL

Quindia

PostWed May 02, 2012 11:31 pm

From what I gather you can field anything on the list. All of the regular limits apply for the positions. Witch Elves would be 0-2 , Runners would 0-2, Blitzers 0-2, etc. The .pdf they have been referring us to had some hard team limits in place which said you can only field a certain number of each position on a team. What JR is saying is that limit no longer applies. The only rule now is 0-2 loners. Does that clear it up?
The King of Coinjock

spubbbba

PostThu May 03, 2012 1:04 am

Quindia wrote:From what I gather you can field anything on the list. All of the regular limits apply for the positions. Witch Elves would be 0-2 , Runners would 0-2, Blitzers 0-2, etc. The .pdf they have been referring us to had some hard team limits in place which said you can only field a certain number of each position on a team. What JR is saying is that limit no longer applies. The only rule now is 0-2 loners. Does that clear it up?

I hope that isn't true, if the Bright college could max out positionals for humans, then take all dwarf positionals plus another 2 norse players then no one will want linemen.
Although on the face of it a team picked from 3 different races with free choice of players sounds great it actually gets boring really fast

Most players fall into the broad category of so make it in total across the teams 0-4 Blocker, 0-2 Blitzers, 0-16 Lineman, 0-2 Thrower, 0-4 catcher, 0-2 special and 0-2 big guy

So for this team
the humans are obvious
Dwarfs
Blocker = linemen
Blitzer = blitzer, duh!
Runner = Thrower
slayer = special
Deathroller = big guy
Norse
Linemen and throwers are obvious
Runner = catcher
Snow troll = big guy
Berserker = blitzer
Ulfwerener = Blocker

So you could have in total
0-4 Blockers - but only Ulfwereners are available so 0-2
0-2 blitzers - from dwarf blitzers, human blitzers or berserkers
0-2 Throwers - from human throwers, norse throwers or dwarf runners
0-4 Catchers - from human catchers or norse runners (but they are 0-2)
0-16 Linemen - from human linemen, norse linemen or dwarf blockers
0-2 Big guys - from the Deathroller (0-1), Snow troll (0-1) or Ogre (0-1)

Of course you still have to keep to 0-6 dwarfs and 0-2 norse

Moraiwe

PostThu May 03, 2012 1:09 am

Here, I'll try to make it simple. For the Bright College:
0-16 Human Linemen
0-4 Human Catchers
0-2 Human Throwers
0-4 Human Blitzers
0-6 Dwarf Linemen
0-2 Dwarf Bllitzers
0-2 Dwarf Runners
0-2 Dwarf Troll Slayers
0-2 Norse Linemen
0-2 Norse Thrower
0-2 Norse Runner
0-2 Norse Blitzer
0-2 Norse Werewolf
0-1 of either Ogre, Deathroller or Yhetee
(keeping the 0-16 Humans,0-6 Dwarf, 0-2 Norse restrictions of course)
Did I miss anything?
Last edited by Moraiwe on Thu May 03, 2012 2:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

Moraiwe

PostThu May 03, 2012 1:13 am

spubbbba wrote: I hope that isn't true, if the Bright college could max out positionals for humans, then take all dwarf positionals plus another 2 norse players then no one will want linemen.

They've already stated it is true. People will want lineman, because it's too expensive to field all the positionals (at least, initially it would be). Also, Dwarf Linemen are fantastic, I'd probably select them over the posistionals.

dode74

PostThu May 03, 2012 1:37 am

If true then that is astonishingly bad. I would go as far as to say broken.

Moraiwe

PostThu May 03, 2012 2:22 am

The game is predominantly based upon outdated rules (and unbalanced from what I've been told). The swapping of Humans and Dwarfs in the 0-16 and 0-6 roles has been stated as because they didn't want two colleges with the same main race. Apart from the Loner restriction, what makes you think anything in this game is designed around balance? Brokenness is bound to appear.

BloodSkull

PostThu May 03, 2012 9:42 am

AMBER WIZARDS TEAM

3 Black Orcs
2 Orc Blitzers
2 Dark Elf Blitzers
2 Skaven Gutter Runners
2 Dark Elf Lineman
2 Rerolls

Sheer Joy-gasm. If the rest of the teams are going to be based off the original DB Rosters.

spubbbba

PostThu May 03, 2012 10:48 am

BloodSkull wrote:AMBER WIZARDS TEAM

3 Black Orcs
2 Orc Blitzers
2 Dark Elf Blitzers
2 Skaven Gutter Runners
2 Dark Elf Lineman
2 Rerolls

Sheer Joy-gasm. If the rest of the teams are going to be based off the original DB Rosters.

Urgh, that is a terrible, terrible idea. They have basically killed any hope of Dungeonbowl being more than a short distraction. If they had stuck to the overall team limitations then it could have been fun and reasonably competitive too.

Back when 3rd edition first came out my gaming group used mixed teams in normal BB, mostly due to proxying fantasy figures. Even back then in our novice Bloodbowl brains we quickly realised it was broken and dull so went back to normal teams.
PreviousNext

Return to News