[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
• View topic - Presentation of the Bright College

It is currently Sat May 11, 2024 10:21 am

Presentation of the Bright College

THE END-ZONE : Discussions about official news.
  • Author

Coach Jester

Re: Presentation of the Bright College

PostSun May 06, 2012 4:15 pm

in chaos edition you made a team the Daemons of Khorne they are not in any LRB (that i know of) and you also are not sticking to some rules
all this is ok with me but if you are willing to do this could you please make a slann team for dungeon bowl (they dont even have to look like slann... they could look like the Daemons of Khorne for all i care) just give them the same stats as Slann

you know you want to ;)

dode74

PostSun May 06, 2012 4:27 pm

BloodSkull wrote:When did they do that because they have been given the go ahead to be placed in the LRB when enough minis where made.

I'd like to know your source for this. The info about Slann being vetoed was from Cyanide on the BB boards.

MILLANDSON

PostSun May 06, 2012 4:39 pm

dode74 wrote:
BloodSkull wrote:When did they do that because they have been given the go ahead to be placed in the LRB when enough minis where made.

I'd like to know your source for this. The info about Slann being vetoed was from Cyanide on the BB boards.

Exactly. Cyanide planned to include Slann in BB Chaos Edition, even had concept art drawn up for them, and GW vetoed them due to the Slann team no longer fitting their imagining of the Warhammer setting.

So Slann are essentially a dead team, if you were ever hoping for official GW support.

BloodSkull

PostSun May 06, 2012 4:50 pm

http://www.bbaa.org/downloads/NewTeams_LRB6.pdf

The information is a little dated but I have been playing them for a while now with White Dwarf minis. Mind you after 3 years later it is a little odd that GW hasn't been milking players on these teams looking at the review board on BB. I'm happy that the other 2 teams made it just a little disappointed on the Slann decision. I preferred the old version of the Chaos teams this implement is going to be less than interesting.

Talk about cheaping out on minor fluff issues. Two out of Three NAF teams aren't bad.

MILLANDSON

PostSun May 06, 2012 5:13 pm

Notice, though, that GW never released the rosters for them - they were supported by the BBRC as an independent body, not GW. It's best not to mix up the two.

Basically, GW have decided they don't mind Underworld being included, but they won't support Slann. We don't know about Chaos Pact, since they aren't going to be in the new game either, but that doesn't seem to have been a GW decision, from what's been said.

Darkson

PostSun May 06, 2012 8:08 pm

I'll back Bloodskulls - that's what GW did say to JJ and the BBRC at the time of LRB6/CRP. I believe the exact terms were "we won't put them into the LRB until we can make models for all 3, but then they can get included" or something along those lines. But the plan was (at that time) for all 3 to make it to official staus. Even JJ said they were official, just not in the rulebook.

That they've seemingly changed their mind isn't a surprise.
Last edited by Darkson on Mon May 07, 2012 8:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
I'd love to play Blood Bowl on the PC, but I want a FULL version, not some bugged, incomplete one.

Home of the ARBBL

BloodSkull

PostMon May 07, 2012 2:39 am

Fair enough. They are hard and fun team to play, unfortunately I don't have time to play on open online leagues to find out how good they actually are. See if I can get my friends on FUMBBL and casually play DB online and BB in single player even though I have to manually change the teams to make them harder.

Quindia

PostMon May 07, 2012 7:38 pm

dode74 wrote:
Quindia wrote:So just to be clear, what is it you are looking for Dode? Just 4 dwarf blockers per team? Their linemen are basically blockers. What about norse linenen- since they have the block skill- are they linemen or blockers? What counts as a catcher? Since the goblins are the closest thing to catchers are the orc team are they catchers? I understand from an earlier post that you thought certain special players should be limited to 0-2. So no witch elves and assassin on the same team, but adding 4 chaps warriors is okay because they are 'blockers'. Please come up with some balanced teams for us.

I want it to be done in accordance with the rules. How about this:
DB Teampicker.rar

Positions are selected in accordance with the position name in CRP.
Couple of assumptions:
1. Any 0-16 player may be considered a lineman even if they are not called linemen in CRP. This affects snots, gobs (not orc ones), flings, skellies, zombies and beastmen.
2. Any non-0-16 player which does not have the word blitzer, blocker, catcher, thrower or lineman in the title (apart from those specified above) based on their positional names in CRP are considered "special" players and a college may only have two of them. This DOES cause issues for the Dark College, but that can be worked around in the manner BloodSkull's group did. Presumably Ghouls would be catchers, Wights are blitzers and perhaps Mummies could be considered blockers (or maybe "specials").

Heya, not trying to beat this to death. I finally got back to my house (been checking things on my Android), so I was able to take a look at the .rar file today. To be honest, this suggestion isn't too bad. I get what you are trying to say in terms of limiting players to make the game very balanced. Unfortunately though, we know this isn't what they have planned. And I honestly don't think your team picker is any better than their method.

Who would want to play a team with 0-16 skaven linemen, 0-2 skaven throwers, 0-2 stormvermin, and 0-6 goblins? Out of the two 'special' positions you are allowed 0-2 Gutter Runners, 0-1 rat ogre, 0-1 Troll, 0-2 Minotaur, and 0-1 of the goblin secret weapon players. I guess it would play like some of the other Blood Bowl teams, but you don't have anything shiny. Compared to the Bright Team in your list, it doesn't even come close. They start with 0-16 Human linemen, 0-4 human catchers, 0-2 human throwers, 0-2 human/dwarf or norse blitzers. But they can also pick 0-6 dwarf linemen and 0-2 norse linemen. That gives them at least 8 players with block and strength skill access. And we haven't even touched the 0-2 special for the Bright Team- 0-1 Ogre, 0-1 Death roller, 0-1 Yhetee, 0-2 Dwarf Runners, 0-2 Dwarf Trollslayers, or 0-2 Norse Werewolves.

I don't agree those teams are balanced. I prefer the way Cyanide has decided to do it. At least I've got more options for deciding how I want to build my team. If my opponent is loaded with block/strength skills, can I at least field four gutter runners and a rat ogre on the same team.
The King of Coinjock

dode74

PostMon May 07, 2012 8:38 pm

The aim isn't to make it more or less balanced, it's to make it work in accordance with the rules as published. I'll ask again, why change it?

BloodSkull

PostTue May 08, 2012 12:24 am

dode74 wrote:The aim isn't to make it more or less balanced, it's to make it work in accordance with the rules as published. I'll ask again, why change it?

If they are changing the original rosters then this doesn't become too much of a problem, but yeah it seem extremely lazy and poorly thought out. It could be a way for GW to get people back interested in working on DB again. A poor way, but away never the less.

Quindia wrote:
Who would want to play a team with 0-16 skaven linemen, 0-2 skaven throwers, 0-2 stormvermin, and 0-6 goblins? Out of the two 'special' positions you are allowed 0-2 Gutter Runners, 0-1 rat ogre, 0-1 Troll, 0-2 Minotaur, and 0-1 of the goblin secret weapon players. I guess it would play like some of the other Blood Bowl teams, but you don't have anything shiny. Compared to the Bright Team in your list, it doesn't even come close. They start with 0-16 Human linemen, 0-4 human catchers, 0-2 human throwers, 0-2 human/dwarf or norse blitzers. But they can also pick 0-6 dwarf linemen and 0-2 norse linemen. That gives them at least 8 players with block and strength skill access. And we haven't even touched the 0-2 special for the Bright Team- 0-1 Ogre, 0-1 Death roller, 0-1 Yhetee, 0-2 Dwarf Runners, 0-2 Dwarf Trollslayers, or 0-2 Norse Werewolves.

I don't agree those teams are balanced. I prefer the way Cyanide has decided to do it. At least I've got more options for deciding how I want to build my team. If my opponent is loaded with block/strength skills, can I at least field four gutter runners and a rat ogre on the same team.

Actually if they implemented runners or ball handlers as catchers than its not a problem, which dode74 was referencing to. Even if they did do that the Skaven gobbos are still extremely Gimped under the new rules. Your playing a pure Skaven team that is not even shinny-er than it would be under the new rules in my case not at all. I like the Skaven team don't get me wrong, your going to have teams with mad combinations while some teams get the shaft. The position limitations serve to keep these limited teams a lot more competitive. If the rosters are going to stay the same as they are now The Amber Wizards will out class every team on the roster as the rules stand now, and most of their roster is cheaper and extremely flexible to specialization. With the original rules it's harder to specialize this overly flexible team, so coaching is less lazy and more strategically important . I know the rest of the teams have not come out yet , but having the same three teams in the old rosters doesn't help the faith in things being changed.

Quindia wrote:I don't agree those teams are balanced. I prefer the way Cyanide has decided to do it. At least I've got more options for deciding how I want to build my team. If my opponent is loaded with block/strength skills, can I at least field four gutter runners and a rat ogre on the same team.

No, but you made a lot of teams less viable and competitive as the rules now stand. If the remaining teams to come remain the same, and which teams they come out with, you find out how blatantly out classed the first 3 teams will be.
PreviousNext

Return to News