[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
• View topic - Presentation of the Bright College

It is currently Sun May 12, 2024 8:22 pm

Presentation of the Bright College

THE END-ZONE : Discussions about official news.
  • Author

Jolly Roger

Presentation of the Bright College

PostWed Apr 25, 2012 3:52 pm

It's time to introduce you a new magic college from Dungeonbowl!

Image The Bright College

See larger image

Leitmotiv: “We are the best. You’re not!”

Team: Blood Axes

Team composition:
• Main Race : 0-16 Human players
• Other Race : 0-6 Dwarf players
• Last Race : 0-2 Norse players

The Blood Axes are considered by many to be the best Dungeonbowl team of all time since they have held the Cup in 2479, 2484, 2485 and 2489, beating the Storm Bolts in the final.

One of their most embarrassing defeats occurred in an early match against the Grey Shadows. The Dwarfen members of the team were attempting to make a flank attack by digging an extra tunnel – unfortunately they managed to hit an underground well and flooded the Dungeon, drowning over half of their own team.

Excavation during play has since been banned.

Rendez-vous next week for a new team!

Marz

Re: Presentation of the Bright College

PostWed Apr 25, 2012 5:20 pm

Wow looks like a bruiser of a team almost a perfect combo with the norse addition

edalie

PostWed Apr 25, 2012 7:28 pm

Marz wrote:Wow looks like a bruiser of a team almost a perfect combo with the norse addition

;) , totally agree.

Moraiwe

PostThu Apr 26, 2012 1:09 am

Meh, the only thing of interest here is that you've swapped the number of Humans and Dwarfs from GWs Dungeonbowl rules. Next time preview something a bit more of a departure from those rules (eg. the addition of a race not included in them).

One preview a week makes me feel that either the game is a lot further away than I expected, or that there are far less races than I hoped for.

jamesfarrell129

PostThu Apr 26, 2012 10:06 am

Definitely a bit underwhelming with these previews... you're basically showing us teams that several modders from BB:1 and BB:LE could already have done, with still no mention about how the teams are structured (see the various questions I and others have asked elsewhere, which I can't be bothered to ask again), or any more than vague details about the rules you are using.

With a college per week, and 8 colleges left, its looking pretty tight for a release in Q2 of 2012 like the press release said... but then given the 2011 World Cup is still running I guess we shouldn't be too surprised (oh wait... that was all Focus' fault)

jbecks

PostThu Apr 26, 2012 2:00 pm

Aghhhh stunties!! 8-)

how are the rosters in terms of what postionionals you can choose?

MILLANDSON

PostThu Apr 26, 2012 5:41 pm

jbecks wrote:Aghhhh stunties!! 8-)

Normal team rosters, but I believe there are restrictions on the total number of loners (mostly big guys) you can have on a team, as well as how many each of blitzers, catches, etc.

Jolly Roger

PostThu Apr 26, 2012 6:08 pm

You can't have more than 2 loners in a team. For the other positions like blitzers, catches, etc., it's the same than in the Games Workshop rules.

slothMD

PostThu Apr 26, 2012 9:15 pm

jbecks wrote:Aghhhh stunties!! 8-)

On the one hand, they've said they're following the rules from White Dwarf (http://www.games-workshop.com/MEDIA_CustomProductCatalog/m1340001_Dungeon_Bowl.pdf) which would be 2 blitzers, 4 blockers, 4 catchers, 2 throwers, and 1 Star Player (I'm gonna go ahead and guess they're not actually implementing this one, but I could be wrong)

OTOH, the've also said that they're going to use the positional restrictions from the racial teams instead of the dungeonbowl restrictions:
Jolly Roger wrote:You can choose any player per race but you have to respect the number max restriction for his position in his race.

So your guess is as good as mine as to which will actually be used - though in most cases it's the same, unless they're not grouping the positions from the different races together.

Also, no more than two loners (would've thought that would be a self-correcting problem myself :)

booncabal76

PostThu Apr 26, 2012 10:54 pm

You can't have more than 2 loners in a team.

Including star players?
Next

Return to News