[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
• View topic - Summer is here, clout under the sun!

It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:51 am

Summer is here, clout under the sun!

THE END-ZONE : Discussions about official news.
  • Author

Jolly Roger

Summer is here, clout under the sun!

PostThu Aug 09, 2012 11:55 am

Summer is hot and the dungeons are getting dirtier and dirtier with blood stains and sweat due to the beatings and the fierce matches that have been happening over the last months.

Thus, the wizards decided to enjoy the sun near an elven forest to practice their favourite sport out in the open, on a field of fresh grass and colourful flowers…
Well, that is until the blood starts staining the field!

Help them build the most marvellous stronghold with this new environment kit for Dungeonbowl’s dungeon editor!

Download the Outdoor Kit here: http://cyanide.gamesplanet.com/shop/dun ... crollToMe1

csbear

Re: Summer is here, clout under the sun!

PostThu Aug 09, 2012 6:10 pm

Hi Jolly,

Maybe a stupid question: Will Cyanide be creating some of its own outdoor dungeons soon? Or will we have to wait for community outdoor dungeons to be approved first before seeing them in action?

Thanks!

Bucc

PostFri Aug 10, 2012 11:02 pm

I have just downloaded the new map editor and looked through the contents quick. IMO it is very good. Very different, which I like. Possible to create some radically different "dungeons"

Jolly, have you sorted to dungeon editor after rank now, instead of date? The one where you can download community dungeons. If so, that is rather stupid. Impossible to see the new maps, as they are hidden somewhere amongst the others. Please sort them after date, and with the newest first page not last - so it is easy to see what has happened since last check.

I am not ruling out, that it is simply me who is too stupid to figure out how to sort the maps manually. I tried to click on "date", double click on "date", but nothing happened. No dates for me, probably good as I am engaged.

TrickyD

PostFri Aug 17, 2012 9:00 am

:?: So if DB can be played in a forest. what prevents the use of Long Passes since there are no low ceilings to prevent this anymore?

Warfish

PostFri Aug 17, 2012 9:07 am

I am going to go out on a limb here and say the mages use magic to make a barrier in the sky to keep the ball low. :D JK good question though.
You don't greet death, you punch it repeatly in the throat as it drags you away. No Fear

TrickyD

PostFri Aug 17, 2012 9:38 am

:D Yes well the game is called Dungeon Bowl and Not Ruin Bowl.
I mean a dungeon, by its very definition, is underground and if you place it topside in a forest it would be called a ruin. So it would make sense that you can't play Long Passes in a ruin because of the ceiling, but you should be able to do so outside the ruins when you are in the forest.
But I guess that if the Wizards encapsule the whole forest in a force field it is a good explanation that they can't play Long Passess at all.

Jolly Roger

PostMon Aug 20, 2012 3:38 pm

@Bucc: Ok, I'll suggest to add this option in the next patch.
@TrickyD: PMCC will be back tomorrow, I'll see with him if there is an explanation on that. :)

TrickyD

PostMon Aug 20, 2012 4:11 pm

It would be kewl if you could do Long Passes in a forest.
:lol: If done right DB could even replace BB.

;) Especially if you also add the 3 new teams from BB: Chaos Edition to DB.
I would still buy the Chaos Edition for the World Championship Mode.

Return to News