[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
• View topic - Secret weapon

It is currently Tue May 14, 2024 1:50 pm

Secret weapon

THE DUNGEON : The place to share your game experience.
  • Author

douglowe

Re: Secret weapon

PostWed Aug 29, 2012 11:49 pm

Gaixo wrote:The only one that is even a little bit fluffy is option 0. Make them start on the field too, though.

Just man up and tell GW you need to get rid of the Deathroller.

lol - I'd say man up and face the deathroller! They aren't that scary you know. But, I guess that's a discussion for another thread ;)

Darkson

PostThu Aug 30, 2012 7:39 am

douglowe wrote:GW might approve it, as it's a rule change which wouldn't have any impact on the team rosters, stats, costs, etc.

It would have an impact on costs, as all SW were recosted due to the change in SW rules. I can't see them allowing the old rules back in either (which is a shame, as they were much better imho ).
I'd love to play Blood Bowl on the PC, but I want a FULL version, not some bugged, incomplete one.

Home of the ARBBL

Tristelune

PostThu Aug 30, 2012 9:34 am

katadder wrote: that got us the stupid new big guy rule.

You must know this rule was thinking when only 3 school exist. But reactivity of Cyanide and GW is too long.

Gaixo wrote:Just man up and tell GW you need to get rid of the Deathroller.

apparently this option is not feasible

douglowe wrote:lol - I'd say man up and face the deathroller! They aren't that scary you know. But, I guess that's a discussion for another thread ;)

I think like you DR isn't taht scary, but is very strong for his price and "yes" that's for another thread :D

Darkson wrote:which is a shame, as they were much better imho

I'm agree with you ;)

spubbbba

PostThu Aug 30, 2012 1:09 pm

What about not allowing the magic sponge to be used on secret weapons?

This would nerf the goblin ones too but they are very fragile and in the normal game they’d still be out for the rest of the game unless they had a bribe. You could give the Jade college 50K bribes and allow those to magic sponge the secret weapons.

A-r-c-h-o-n

PostThu Aug 30, 2012 2:05 pm

spubbbba wrote:What about not allowing the magic sponge to be used on secret weapons?

And HOW would that nerf the DR? ;)

I like the suggestions. It leaves the roster as it is. But its still to weak. Having a roll of 8+ after 6 turns means, its a higher then 50% chance of having the SW available for 12 turns. That's way better then in BB. And because of the narrow corridors SW are better in DB anyway. Another suggestion:

Roll it anytime a chest is opened. That would also speed up the game!

Tristelune

PostThu Aug 30, 2012 2:32 pm

A-r-c-h-o-n wrote:
spubbbba wrote:Roll it anytime a chest is opened. That would also speed up the game!

And dwarf coach don't open chest ! And if your DR doen't go out after all chest are opened ? Or dwarf coach wait all chest are opened to teleport DR in the dungeon :D

Evilstein

PostThu Aug 30, 2012 4:53 pm

Tristelune : You must know this rule was thinking when only 3 school exist. But reactivity of Cyanide and GW is too long.

Wrong. It's not an excuse. It's a lie if they tell you that.

Because, since the beginning they ALREADY put all the rosters in the Main.db file.

Btw, back to the topic. The better sollution is to remove the death roller since they correct their error and add the new rule.

spubbbba a écrit:What about not allowing the magic sponge to be used on secret weapons?

It's a part of the sollution and it's work like this in Blood Bowl. This and another rule in order to send them off from the pitch.

katadder

PostThu Aug 30, 2012 5:00 pm

Majority of secret weapons already have a drawback and are on goblins so really no problem.
Looney - easy to take down and put out of the game.
Fanatic - uncontrolable, slow and most likely to fall in a put.
Bomber - blows himself up sometimes and really doesnt do too much.

secret weapons are not the problem. the DR is.
cyanide already implemented one "fix" because they got the wrong end of the stick, lets not have another poor "fix" from cyanide because people are giving them the wrong idea again.

Tristelune : You must know this rule was thinking when only 3 school exist. But reactivity of Cyanide and GW is too long.

actually when they brought the rule out 5 colleges existed in game already and they knew what the other 5 were going to be. also they probably already know which extra colleges they will be doing. stop being a cyanide apologist, they are a poor company that are unfortunately the people to end up with what should have been a good game that they are doing their best to ruin.

douglowe

PostThu Aug 30, 2012 5:45 pm

Darkson wrote:
douglowe wrote:GW might approve it, as it's a rule change which wouldn't have any impact on the team rosters, stats, costs, etc.

It would have an impact on costs, as all SW were recosted due to the change in SW rules. I can't see them allowing the old rules back in either (which is a shame, as they were much better imho ).

This isn't a part of the BB rules development path that I kept track of (I was always a Wood Elf coach, so secret weapons weren't so interesting for me ;)). But presumably the recosting of the SW's following the change to the current SW rules was made in order to account for the new rule having an equal affect on all secret weapons (whereas before there was a greater chance of the deathroller being sent of than, say, the looney). If we change the SW rule, but keep it consistent across all secret weapons (so that they all have the same chance to be sent off), then we don't need to change the costs of the secret weapon players - instead we should just make sure that the typical time periods that a secret weapon will spend on the pitch are reasonable for the cost.

I agree there's not a great chance that GW will let the rules be changed - but perhaps there's a better chance if the proposed rules changes are based on old rules that they could claim some IP over, rather than something completely new. Certainly I'd expect there's more chance of getting this through than having the deathroller removed from the game completely.

A-r-c-h-o-n

PostFri Aug 31, 2012 9:54 am

Tristelune wrote:And dwarf coach don't open chest ! And if your DR doen't go out after all chest are opened ? Or dwarf coach wait all chest are opened to teleport DR in the dungeon :D

Well - thats easy to solve. First, there are two teams and the one playing against the DR will have motivation to open the chests. And second - who says, that a secret weapon has to be in the dungeon to be ejected? It could make that roll regardless if the DR is in the reserve, ko-box, dungeon - wherever.

IF the dr doesnt get out after (normally) 6 chests/rolls on 8+, so be it. Its a dice-game after all and that would be really lucky! Why not?
PreviousNext

Return to General Forum