[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
• View topic - Changing 5+ ST positions max rule

It is currently Sat May 11, 2024 7:24 pm

Changing 5+ ST positions max rule

THE DUNGEON : The place to share your game experience.

Wich rule is the best ?

Poll ended at Thu Nov 08, 2012 11:14 am

5+ ST positions max (current rule)
19%
2 Loner max (old rule)
81%

Total votes : 27

• Author

Tristelune

Re: Changing 5+ ST positions max rule

PostFri Nov 09, 2012 12:15 pm

Coach Jester wrote:
Tristelune wrote:And no limit for loner or 5+ST ?

In JJ rules blitzer, thrower, catcher etc... are limited at 2, why limited big guyz and not the other ?

please dont confuse the issue by adding another

can people please try to focus on one thing at a time.. it is because of the death roller this got stuffed up in the first place
so dont vote if you think it will change things like the DR, player limits or getting private leagues and so on

this is about... do you..
a) want only 2 str 5+ players on a team (so 2 big guys or 1 big guy and a fanatic... or just 2 tomb guard mummys on a khemir team)
OR
b) have 2 loners (that will let some teams have 3 big guys... or 2 trolls AND fanatic or 4 tomb guards in a khemir team)

yes I know they dont have Khemir yet in DB but they are talking of adding new teams
so look to the future and vote 2 loners

The proposal which I make is in made the third alternative, both proposals made by Cyanide being for me both "maladjusted persons" and thus while thinking in the future I proposed the other thing seen than it is clear that there will not be change anymore later.

Tristelune

PostFri Nov 09, 2012 12:17 pm

I proposed no limit for all and not a limit for others like blitzer.

TrickyD

PostFri Nov 09, 2012 1:29 pm

Tristelune wrote:I proposed no limit for all and not a limit for others like blitzer.

:twisted: Does this mean I'll be able to position 3 Deathrollers in my team?

:D All kidding aside, I'm just glad that Cyanide has seen the light and is willing to return to the old rule of only 2 Loners per team.

Tristelune

PostFri Nov 09, 2012 2:20 pm

TrickyD wrote:
Tristelune wrote:I proposed no limit for all and not a limit for others like blitzer.

:twisted: Does this mean I'll be able to position 3 Deathrollers in my team?

No just you can take all players are on the three roster with only limit of players by roster in school. For exemple Jade can take 5 trolls with fanatic.

TrickyD

PostFri Nov 09, 2012 3:00 pm

Tristelune wrote:No just you can take all players are on the three roster with only limit of players by roster in school. For exemple Jade can take 5 trolls with fanatic.

:?: Aren't Trolls Loners too?
Or are they considered to be like the Ogres in a BB Ogre team?

At the very least I would suggest that non-Loner Big Guys automatically end up as the 3rd roster of any school.
Just like a 1/2ling team is able to position 3 Treemen of which 2 are non- Loner BGs chosen from the 3rd roster.

:| But I wouldn't object if the BGs (and Fanatic) in the Jade College are treated like the Ogres in a BB Ogre team.

Brihaspati

PostFri Nov 09, 2012 3:22 pm

Coach Jester wrote:you have already stated your opinion stating it again wont add to the votes and as you see 79% dont agree

Exactly. Because that's how discussions among human beings work. Points are never elaborated upon and/or replied to, and things like preaching in the desert (i.e. arguing when one is clearly in the minority) are never done. In fact, arguing when one is in the majority is preaching to the choir, which is another unnecessary flourish in its turn. No debates should ever take place, then :lol:

Coach Jester wrote: i remind you the death roller that i personally hate and think it needs its own bone head is not the issue here

Thing is, it would appear that the Deathroller has *never* been the issue as far as the devs are concerned, because it has never been addressed and there's pretty much no chance that it will ever be addressed, apparently. Also, it does happen to be the issue at the origin of this back-and-forth. Therefore, I bring it up. But don't worry, only in this thread and only in these few posts. I happen to dislike mindless repetition, believe it or not :lol:

Coach Jester wrote:IMO more big guys leads to more different builds

No. "More big guys" screws with one of the most fundamental skills that's needed to be a successful coach both in BB and DB, which is the ability to manoeuvre to get favourable block rolls. Lots of big guys turn the game into a contest of 2d blocks without block VS. -2d blocks with block and a re-roll. That's not exactly the game at its best.

Coach Jester wrote:...if they start to use more player maps that are not all bottle necks or 2 square wide...

Certainly, more and better maps would be huge, and would mitigate the problems associated with big-guys, deathrollers and general boredom. Your own contributions are excellent, for example. However, I fear the request for better maps has got lost somewhere in the "pipe dream" folder too.
Last edited by Brihaspati on Fri Nov 09, 2012 6:24 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Tristelune

PostFri Nov 09, 2012 4:28 pm

TrickyD wrote:
Tristelune wrote:No just you can take all players are on the three roster with only limit of players by roster in school. For exemple Jade can take 5 trolls with fanatic.

:?: Aren't Trolls Loners too?
Or are they considered to be like the Ogres in a BB Ogre team?

At the very least I would suggest that non-Loner Big Guys automatically end up as the 3rd roster of any school.
Just like a 1/2ling team is able to position 3 Treemen of which 2 are non- Loner BGs chosen from the 3rd roster.

:| But I wouldn't object if the BGs (and Fanatic) in the Jade College are treated like the Ogres in a BB Ogre team.

I just said no rule for 5+ ST or loner, for another exemple Amethyste school can have 1 ratogre, 2 troll, 1 fanatic and 2 mino, don't look strong or loner. Like you can take 4 Human blitzer, 2 Dwarf blitzer and 2 norsk berserker in the same team.

But I think Troll roster musn't have loner too but it's another debat.

danton

PostFri Nov 09, 2012 4:53 pm

I don't think there should be a limitation on big guys, as they bring their own liabilities. Clearly the problem is the Secret Weapons, as that rule was never adapted for this game. Either Secret Weapons should be banned altogether, or a rule should be introduced that means that a team must roll a d6 for every Secret Weapon on their team in the dungeon at the beginning of their turn. On a roll of a 1 the magicians detect an illegal player in the dungeon and teleport it out again. The player could return to the dugouts though and be teleported back in again the following turn. This way at least there is a risk involved in having a Secret Weapon in the dungeon, as it can randomly have to leave the dungeon every few turns.

Coach Jester

PostSat Nov 10, 2012 7:21 am

Brihaspati wrote:Exactly. Because that's how discussions among human beings work. Points are never elaborated upon and/or replied to, and things like preaching in the desert (i.e. arguing when one is clearly in the minority) are never done. In fact, arguing when one is in the majority is preaching to the choir, which is another unnecessary flourish in its turn. No debates should ever take place, then :lol:

true, good point, and i consed

Brihaspati wrote:
Coach Jester wrote: i remind you the death roller that i personally hate and think it needs its own bone head is not the issue here

Thing is, it would appear that the Deathroller has *never* been the issue as far as the devs are concerned, because it has never been addressed and there's pretty much no chance that it will ever be addressed, apparently. Also, it does happen to be the issue at the origin of this back-and-forth. Therefore, I bring it up. But don't worry, only in this thread and only in these few posts. I happen to dislike mindless repetition, believe it or not :lol:

:lol: but i have to say the DR was addressed by them (the dev team) hence the 2 Str5+ rule, they did look at it, they just picked the worst option possible.. also after many post by players and a pm or 2 from me they did and are re looking at and addressing the 2 Str 5 / vs 2 loners rule are they not? and if they are willing to do this then maybe, just maybe we may see a vote option on the death roller and some action taken after that ;)

Brihaspati wrote:
Coach Jester wrote:IMO more big guys leads to more different builds

No. "More big guys" screws with one of the most fundamental skills that's needed to be a successful coach both in BB and DB, which is the ability to manoeuvre to get favourable block rolls. Lots of big guys turn the game into a contest of 2d blocks without block VS. -2d blocks with block and a re-roll. That's not exactly the game at its best.

not so (IMO) (1). BG's dont always move dew to bone head and so on so you can often out position them (2) many maps you can gang up on 1 with 3 you players before his help arrives and (3) the dauntless skill makes BG's just over inflated TV mindless dudes ;) though i do know you know all this too

Brihaspati wrote:
Coach Jester wrote:...if they start to use more player maps that are not all bottle necks or 2 square wide...

Certainly, more and better maps would be huge, and would mitigate the problems associated with big-guys, deathrollers and general boredom. Your own contributions are excellent, for example. However, I fear the request for better maps has got lost somewhere in the "pipe dream" folder too.

thank you for saying :D , i too have started to wonder if we will ever see new maps made official... but i plan to nag then bout that latter.. just taking it one step at a time
you do make very valid points i just think when we have them look at to many things they seem to get a tad confused and so end up doing things most people wish they hadn't

Mercy Flush

PostSat Nov 10, 2012 1:23 pm

danton wrote:I don't think there should be a limitation on big guys, as they bring their own liabilities. Clearly the problem is the Secret Weapons, as that rule was never adapted for this game. Either Secret Weapons should be banned altogether, or a rule should be introduced that means that a team must roll a d6 for every Secret Weapon on their team in the dungeon at the beginning of their turn. On a roll of a 1 the magicians detect an illegal player in the dungeon and teleport it out again. The player could return to the dugouts though and be teleported back in again the following turn. This way at least there is a risk involved in having a Secret Weapon in the dungeon, as it can randomly have to leave the dungeon every few turns.

This is a great idea.
PreviousNext

Return to General Forum