[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
• View topic - Changing 5+ ST positions max rule

It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 9:16 am

Changing 5+ ST positions max rule

THE DUNGEON : The place to share your game experience.

Wich rule is the best ?

Poll ended at Thu Nov 08, 2012 11:14 am

5+ ST positions max (current rule)
19%
2 Loner max (old rule)
81%

Total votes : 27

• Author

Jolly Roger

Changing 5+ ST positions max rule

PostWed Nov 07, 2012 11:14 am

Following many requests, we are thinking about changing back the rule about the Big Guys & co.
But first, we would like to check this with you because once it will be changed we'll not change it again.

If the majority of you (on french and english forums) want to get back to the old settings, then we'll do it in a next patch. :)

Thank you for your advice and your understanding!

Brihaspati

Re: Changing 5+ ST positions max rule

PostWed Nov 07, 2012 2:19 pm

I'm not a big fan of the old settings (i.e. I don't like seeing like four big guys in a Grey team). IMO you only need to do two things:

1) The Goblin (ball-and-chain) fanatic should stop counting as a player with ST 5+. That should be really simple;

and...

...most importantly...

...like, it's the elephant in the room...

...the eight-hundred pound gorilla...

...the issue everybody's going to mention, so I may as well be the first to do it...

2) You should seriously nerf the Deathroller or just get rid of it altogether (the latter I guess is unrealistic).

Yes, I know, GW's veto and all that. A number of proposals have been made to that effect. Would it be difficult to get GW's approval for a steep increase in the Deathroller's cost? Or for imposing a limitation on the number of turns it can stay in the dungeon?

Seriously, the Deathroller is the one blatantly broken feature of DB. It has rendered the community apathetic (I know it has turned me off the game, and I'm a very laid back fan) and, in all likelihood, it has contributed to the game's bad reputation. Which is sad, because it should have gotten far better word-of-mouth.

katadder

PostWed Nov 07, 2012 5:28 pm

use the actual rules, ie the loner one. this then doesnt effect things like fanatics, tomb guardians etc.

also whilst you are at it, remove loner from the troll teams trolls.

Coach Jester

PostWed Nov 07, 2012 10:04 pm

katadder wrote:use the actual rules, ie the loner one. this then doesnt effect things like fanatics, tomb guardians etc.

also whilst you are at it, remove loner from the troll teams trolls.

+1
yes this will fix the goblin team

we can work on the right solution for the death roller another time

Tristelune

PostWed Nov 07, 2012 11:24 pm

And no limit for loner or 5+ST ?

In JJ rules blitzer, thrower, catcher etc... are limited at 2, why limited big guyz and not the other ?

Coach Jester

PostThu Nov 08, 2012 12:33 am

Tristelune wrote:And no limit for loner or 5+ST ?

In JJ rules blitzer, thrower, catcher etc... are limited at 2, why limited big guyz and not the other ?

please dont confuse the issue by adding another

can people please try to focus on one thing at a time.. it is because of the death roller this got stuffed up in the first place
so dont vote if you think it will change things like the DR, player limits or getting private leagues and so on

this is about... do you..
a) want only 2 str 5+ players on a team (so 2 big guys or 1 big guy and a fanatic... or just 2 tomb guard mummys on a khemir team)
OR
b) have 2 loners (that will let some teams have 3 big guys... or 2 trolls AND fanatic or 4 tomb guards in a khemir team)

yes I know they dont have Khemir yet in DB but they are talking of adding new teams
so look to the future and vote 2 loners

Warfish

PostThu Nov 08, 2012 4:10 am

I think going back to the 2 loners max rule is the way to go.
You don't greet death, you punch it repeatly in the throat as it drags you away. No Fear

Reed

PostThu Nov 08, 2012 8:14 am

"Only two loners" is the much better and less problematic rule than "only two st5+ players". My vote goes to "only two loners allowed in a team".

Brihaspati

PostThu Nov 08, 2012 2:14 pm

I'm against the original "only two loners rule". The "5+ ST positions max rule" was IMO a step in the right direction that however failed to address the most important issue, i.e. the Deathroller.

(No, really, mentioning the §$%&?/ Deathroller is relevant because the "5+ ST positions max rule" was introduced in the wake of our discussions of the §$%&?/ Deathroller)

I'm against the original "only two loners rule", because it turns Dungeonbowl into "Big-guy Bowl", which is not terribly interesting. All those who are complaining about how unfair it will be not to allow a full complement of four Tomb Guardians if and when a new College appears that includes Khemri*** fail to mention that said full complement of four Tomb Guardians only makes sense in Blood Bowl. In the multi-racial set-up of Dungeonbowl, where our hypothetical Khemri player will be able to overcome Khemri's biggest weakness (in Blood Bowl) by recruiting players with 3+ AG, having four Tomb Guardians (plus any brutes with "loner" that may be allowed) is insane.

On another note, I agree with the notion that dedicated Big-guy "races" such as Jade's "Trolls" should have "loner" removed.

***: given the state of the game, I'd say the idea of getting anything beyond the bare minimum, i.e. the basic ten colleges is a bit of a pipe dream, but who knows...

Coach Jester

PostFri Nov 09, 2012 7:04 am

big guy bowl as you put it makes it easier for an elf team (with NO big guys) to beat a big guy team
big guys can go bone head or really stupid and that means more players on the field doing nothing ;)
more big guys will help kill the DR
but again i remind you the death roller that i personally hate and think it needs its own bone head is not the issue here

you have already stated your opinion stating it again wont add to the votes and as you see 79% dont agree

IMO more big guys leads to more different builds nothing more and if they start to use more player maps that are not all bottle necks or 2 square wide will lead itself to players not putting max big guys in their teams
maps like bar room brawl and over a barrel :D ;) 8-)

but now you have me getting off topic :lol:

ok back to it vote for 2 loners guys :D and we push the death roller another time ;)
Next

Return to General Forum