[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
• View topic - Changing 5+ ST positions max rule

It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 12:23 am

Changing 5+ ST positions max rule

THE DUNGEON : The place to share your game experience.

Wich rule is the best ?

Poll ended at Thu Nov 08, 2012 11:14 am

5+ ST positions max (current rule)
19%
2 Loner max (old rule)
81%

Total votes : 27

• Author

katadder

Re: Changing 5+ ST positions max rule

PostMon Nov 12, 2012 8:19 pm

Tristelune wrote:
Jolly Roger wrote:Following many requests, we are thinking about changing back the rule about the Big Guys & co.
But first, we would like to check this with you because once it will be changed we'll not change it again.

If the majority of you (on french and english forums) want to get back to the old settings, then we'll do it in a next patch. :)

Thank you for your advice and your understanding!

I think like many of us the two loner max is better than 5+ in strong, but if you read the first message of Jolly Roger if they change today the rule is definitively applicated.

I ask to Cyanide in French forum take her time to choose a solution contents the majority, and not the better of the worst !

why take their time, its 24-5 in favour, that doesnt need time taking, just needs doing. the community has spoken in a majority.
admittedly we are talking a french company here which may like the EU and so try the vote again until they get the result they want, but unlike the irish we wont change

douglowe

PostTue Nov 13, 2012 2:09 am

Jolly Roger wrote:I didn't said it will be the last solution for the problem, I just said that we'll not come back again to the 5+ ST rule again. So don't worry. ;)

That's good to hear :)

douglowe

PostTue Nov 13, 2012 2:14 am

TrickyD wrote:When it comes to limiting positionals per team the difficulty is assigning special Races (and BGs) to a position.
I know that Big Guys are generally considered Blockers, but I think it would be more logical to make them Linemen.
:) I'm of the opinion that ST5+ BGs should be considered 'normal' Linemen while the St4 players are considered Blockers since they are generally smarter than the ST5 BGs since they don't suffer from Bonehead and the like.

In my opinion the Minotaur (and possibly the Bull Centaur) should be considered a Blitzer and not a Blocker or Linemen since a Bull's default attack is a charge while other Giants (like the Beast of Nurgle) just stands still to block their opponent's path.

I agree with you that the minotaur and bull centaur are better classed as blitzers rather than blockers (same too for the rat ogre), but the other big guys I'd keep as blockers. Linemen I see as generally all-rounders - players who can, at a push, have a go at most roles in the team. Big guys are not all-rounders ;)

Evilstein

PostTue Nov 13, 2012 6:08 am

It's a joke this pool ?

Use whatever rules you want, just REMOVE THE DEATH ROLLER !

A-r-c-h-o-n

PostTue Nov 13, 2012 12:37 pm

Coach Jester wrote:also on one hand you say its great to hear (as in the change back i assume) and then the next you want the str5 rule intact :? :shock:

Well - of course the loner-rule should re-assigend. But (since the code is already there) the other rule could ALSO left intact if its changed to ST7+ max 0 (which results in removing the DR and the fanatic from the game - but without changing the rosters in a legal sense).

Of course it would be even better to fix the secret weapon-skill...

Coach Jester

PostTue Nov 13, 2012 1:42 pm

douglowe wrote:
Jolly Roger wrote:I didn't said it will be the last solution for the problem, I just said that we'll not come back again to the 5+ ST rule again. So don't worry. ;)

That's good to hear :)

yep totally great to hear keep the great news coming JR :D

Coach Jester

PostTue Nov 13, 2012 1:43 pm

A-r-c-h-o-n wrote:
Coach Jester wrote:also on one hand you say its great to hear (as in the change back i assume) and then the next you want the str5 rule intact :? :shock:

Well - of course the loner-rule should re-assigend. But (since the code is already there) the other rule could ALSO left intact if its changed to ST7+ max 0 (which results in removing the DR and the fanatic from the game - but without changing the rosters in a legal sense).

oh ok thanks for clearing that up for me now i get ya :D

Evilstein

PostTue Nov 13, 2012 7:37 pm

Agree. ;)

Coach Jester

PostWed Nov 14, 2012 3:17 am

Evilstein wrote:

Agree. ;)

i dont agree as it will mean we lose the fanatic
there are far better solutions than this for the death roller that dont affect other characters in the game

as we have seen with the str 5 rule (to supposedly fix the DR ) all it did was harm the rest of the game and in some ways made the DR even tougher

yes the secret weapon new rule would affect others other than the DR but is a good solution as you are adding a rule that is not changing the mechanics of every team only secret weapons (and make the secret weapon rule relevant to DB)

IMHO though i still think bone head aka engine stall would be best and the most fair to be placed on the DR

Torg

PostWed Nov 14, 2012 8:11 pm

In the original 3ed, the DR was removed from the game whenever a knockdown result happened against it (to represent some mechanical problem that had to be fixed as it couldn't "fall over"). That might be an idea to use or just simply bring back the ejection rolls for all SWs.
PreviousNext

Return to General Forum