[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
• View topic - Changing 5+ ST positions max rule

It is currently Sat May 11, 2024 10:05 pm

Changing 5+ ST positions max rule

THE DUNGEON : The place to share your game experience.

Wich rule is the best ?

Poll ended at Thu Nov 08, 2012 11:14 am

5+ ST positions max (current rule)
19%
2 Loner max (old rule)
81%

Total votes : 27

• Author

katadder

Re: Changing 5+ ST positions max rule

PostSat Nov 10, 2012 8:48 pm

so when is the patch changing it back then? as seems fairly obvious what the community wants

douglowe

PostSun Nov 11, 2012 1:52 pm

Tristelune wrote:And no limit for loner or 5+ST ?

In JJ rules blitzer, thrower, catcher etc... are limited at 2, why limited big guyz and not the other ?

I'd like to see proper positional limitations implemented - teams are too full of positionals at the moment, which makes some race combinations more powerful than others.

However I think that we need a proper rules system for this - which would mean development work by games workshop (or a games workshop approved committee), rather than leaving everything to cyanide.

Jolly Roger - would it be possible to have a committee formed to knock together a slightly more consistent ruleset for DB in the same way that you organised the guys who designed the Khorne team for BB? I think this would be a better way to do this than to just tweaking the individual bits of the rules.

Brihaspati

PostSun Nov 11, 2012 5:49 pm

That would be fantastic*** Concerning the rules themselves, I'd personally first try to come up with a document that collates what we know about the current implementation (leaving out any obvious bugs, of course). Cleaning up Jervis's pdf, basically.

I'd focus most of the actual creative work on the creation of actual College rosters, instead of the current approach that refers to pre-existing Blood Bowl rosters. Each of the Dungeonbowl-specific College rosters would include positions from up to three different races, of course.

Fellow poster Spubbbba (sp?) has written eloquently about the advantages of such an approach.

***: although expecting that to happen would not be a mere "pipe dream", but a proper "Ayahuasca trip" :lol:

Coach Jester

PostMon Nov 12, 2012 3:37 am

though i love the ideas put forward i also understand that Cyanide are working to a budget and as such have a finite amount they can do before they run and eat into their profit margin
so any extra thing we ask them to do is something else that wont get done

yes they can always make money for the game by coming out with more collages (other than the 10) hint hint ;)

but things i would like to see done before they tweak the teams is...

Private servers
bug fixes
death roller have bone head add to it or as danton wrote in above post about secret weapons
then more teams like slann ;)
then roster revamp (positional thing)

though i feel this is the best order i personally would rather see new teams ahead of a DR fix... but they need private league set up as they have in BB

ok jolly the votes seem to say what we want so how long with the voting stay open and when is next update to be done?

Jolly Roger

PostMon Nov 12, 2012 11:44 am

Considering the results of the poll, we are going to get back on the old rules. The change will be made on a patch next thursday. ;)

A-r-c-h-o-n

PostMon Nov 12, 2012 3:09 pm

Great to hear that!

Are there any plans to address the DR/Secret Weapon situation? With the 2 loner-rule coming back we are right where we started.

If its not possible for legal reasons to change a roster or a skill (dantons suggestion sounds good - should we discuss it further?), would it be possible to let the "5+ST max 2 players" rule intact - just change it to "7+ST max 0"? :mrgreen:

Of course the poor fanatic would suffer as well... (but hey, he is also a SW, so no mercy)

Coach Jester

PostMon Nov 12, 2012 4:12 pm

A-r-c-h-o-n wrote: would it be possible to let the "5+ST max 2 players" rule intact - just change it to "7+ST max 0"? :mrgreen:

i dont see the point in that as there are only 2 things in the game that have str 7 and they are on different teams
also the str 5 has been voted out and changing it to 7 i think would get the same votes

also on one hand you say its great to hear (as in the change back i assume) and then the next you want the str5 rule intact :? :shock:
TBH i am not sure what you are on about, it seems a contradiction :roll: :lol:

Tristelune

PostMon Nov 12, 2012 4:34 pm

Jolly Roger wrote:Following many requests, we are thinking about changing back the rule about the Big Guys & co.
But first, we would like to check this with you because once it will be changed we'll not change it again.

If the majority of you (on french and english forums) want to get back to the old settings, then we'll do it in a next patch. :)

Thank you for your advice and your understanding!

I think like many of us the two loner max is better than 5+ in strong, but if you read the first message of Jolly Roger if they change today the rule is definitively applicated.

I ask to Cyanide in French forum take her time to choose a solution contents the majority, and not the better of the worst !

Jolly Roger

PostMon Nov 12, 2012 4:51 pm

I didn't said it will be the last solution for the problem, I just said that we'll not come back again to the 5+ ST rule again. So don't worry. ;)

TrickyD

PostMon Nov 12, 2012 5:02 pm

Tristelune wrote:I just said no rule for 5+ ST or loner, for another exemple Amethyste school can have 1 ratogre, 2 troll, 1 fanatic and 2 mino, don't look strong or loner. Like you can take 4 Human blitzer, 2 Dwarf blitzer and 2 norsk berserker in the same team.
:| Uhm, I get what you're saying but if we go back to the old rule of only 2 Loners per team that generally means 2 Big Guys per team, since most BGs have Loner too.

When it comes to limiting positionals per team the difficulty is assigning special Races (and BGs) to a position.
I know that Big Guys are generally considered Blockers, but I think it would be more logical to make them Linemen.
:) I'm of the opinion that ST5+ BGs should be considered 'normal' Linemen while the St4 players are considered Blockers since they are generally smarter than the ST5 BGs since they don't suffer from Bonehead and the like.

In my opinion the Minotaur (and possibly the Bull Centaur) should be considered a Blitzer and not a Blocker or Linemen since a Bull's default attack is a charge while other Giants (like the Beast of Nurgle) just stands still to block their opponent's path.
PreviousNext

Return to General Forum