[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
• View topic - Tweaking the Death-Roller

It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 1:21 am

Tweaking the Death-Roller

THE DUNGEON : The place to share your game experience.
  • Author

narg

Tweaking the Death-Roller

PostSat Nov 24, 2012 5:21 pm

Here's an idea: reducing the death-roller's movement to 2. After all, it's hard to maneuver such a huge machine in narrow corridors!

The death-roller would still be good, and it would still allow its team to win in some dungeons. But it would require a 4+ to get up once it's down, and due to Loner, a gfi would be fairly risky, so overall I think it would definitely reduce its effectiveness to a manageable level.

It's an idea from Galak Starscraper, it definitely sounds good to me.

I just ended a private league in which the death-roller was simply banned - it was pleasant not to face a death-roller every game, but I feel it's too much of a handicap for Light and Bright Wizards.

Darkson

Re: Tweaking the Death-Roller

PostSat Nov 24, 2012 6:54 pm

They've already said GW won't allow them to change the stats, so this is a dead idea.
Also, where did Galak say this? I missed him posting about DB.
I'd love to play Blood Bowl on the PC, but I want a FULL version, not some bugged, incomplete one.

Home of the ARBBL

narg

PostSun Nov 25, 2012 1:23 pm

Darkson wrote:They've already said GW won't allow them to change the stats, so this is a dead idea.
Also, where did Galak say this? I missed him posting about DB.

Wasn't aware of that, too bad. Trying to think outside the box: could a community-made mod fix that in some way? I don't know how difficult it is, I just know that in Blood Bowl it's easy to export a team and then modify the player stats, although you can only use such a team to play against the PC or on hot-seat (I used that to create experienced teams and to play against friends at home).

And it was an MP from Galak, that's why you haven't seen it posted. From all the solutions I've seen so far I think that's the best.

Torg

PostSun Nov 25, 2012 7:42 pm

Actually the easiest and simpliest solution would be what I suggested earlier and just use the old original 3rd edition rule where the DR was removed from the game if suffered any knock down result (whether from a block, failed GFI, etc). That was to represent mechanical problems but would be repaired in time for the next game. Would make taking a DR somewhat of a risk. No stat changes needed with this.

narg

PostSun Nov 25, 2012 7:51 pm

Torg wrote:Actually the easiest and simpliest solution would be what I suggested earlier and just use the old original 3rd edition rule where the DR was removed from the game if suffered any knock down result (whether from a block, failed GFI, etc). That was to represent mechanical problems but would be repaired in time for the next game. Would make taking a DR somewhat of a risk. No stat changes needed with this.

Actually I like that solution as well, although that's up to the programmers...

A-r-c-h-o-n

PostSun Nov 25, 2012 8:41 pm

Although the death-roller is the single most hated position here in DB, it's actually the secret weapon-skill, that needs an adoption, since the intention it serves in BB (the player can only play a part of the match), is lost here. Of course this has more impact on a more expansive player then a cheap gobo with a chainsaw (for example), but it also tweaks the "bang for the buck" for these other players.

So - in other words - best would be a solution, that brings back the balance to the force, which was broken by the combination of SW and only 1-turn-drives. And the DR is sith lord... :lol:

juck101

PostMon Nov 26, 2012 8:05 pm

Its fine! I cant see much need to chaneg it.

With a bribe or a get the ref a DR would play all game anyway in BB. Nobody is that bothered. I think the dwarf lists lakc big guys so I cant see an huge balance issue. Just look at the top ranked teams

Torg

PostMon Nov 26, 2012 8:06 pm

If they made SW able to be kicked out by the refs like they do when players commit fouls, might be the easiest solution to program into the game. Just consider all blocks by SW players as fouls (ie, an illegal action, as the weapons are illegal) and have a chance of being sent off as a normal player committing a foul on a down player.

Darkson

PostMon Nov 26, 2012 8:08 pm

It's fine in BB because the pitch is wide enough to move around it, unlike many of the dungeons.
I'd love to play Blood Bowl on the PC, but I want a FULL version, not some bugged, incomplete one.

Home of the ARBBL

juck101

PostMon Nov 26, 2012 8:09 pm

But the game can last less than 6 turns.

That would be bias agaisnt the roller. Its mega money and does not gain any needed skills as it grows in spps. The holistic lists also result in it being a balanced choice I would argue
Next

Return to General Forum