[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
• View topic - Does anyone play anymore?

It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 7:27 pm

Does anyone play anymore?

THE DUNGEON : The place to share your game experience.
  • Author

TheBrute

Does anyone play anymore?

PostSun Feb 02, 2014 10:14 pm

I went on today and the grand total of online players was three. Including myself.

Don't think I've ever seen an "active" online game so dead. What a shame :(

Reed

Re: Does anyone play anymore?

PostSun Feb 02, 2014 10:42 pm

Yeah, it can often be pretty quiet in the MP lobby. There are still some people playing Dungeonbowl, though, in fact the last few weeks have seen a lot more activity than was the case for a few months. You can see the amount of games played lately from the Matches Played button. The European evening times are the most active as most players are European. It's easiest to get an opponent then.

gantherogue

PostSun Feb 09, 2014 5:55 am

I plan on playing again! I'm trying to find a way to spread the word of this fun version of blood bowl, albeit with little success.

I am a north America player though, and also low to zero on the ranking ladder probably (though I do want to get better.)

I would love to play with some of the chaps on here sometime!

The problem is I probably won't be on when everyone is on...

Reed

PostSun Feb 09, 2014 11:37 am

One way to attract people to play with might be to designate a certain day of the week e.g. "Dungeonbowl Tuesday". This could then be advertised via the Steam group, here on the forum, on different online communities we are part of like Blood Bowl forums, in the Dungeonbowl chat and anywhere and everywhere else.

If it got some publicity, we might have one popular day weekly where all those who wish to play would have a better chance of finding someone to play with. As the word spread, we could get more and more people playing again as players would be almost assured of finding company.

gantherogue

PostMon Feb 10, 2014 1:20 am

That sounds like a great Idea! I'm creating a steam group as we speak! One that is dedicated to helping find matches for people and possibly help the community be a little less reclusive...

I could create a seperate thread on here, then people could send their steam names so I can invite them to the group. Then I can make an announcement on the community section of dungeonbowl steam to get some more members into it!

Return to General Forum