[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
• View topic - Hello, from a new player

It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 11:31 pm

Hello, from a new player

THE DUNGEON : The place to share your game experience.
  • Author

splendidplumage

Hello, from a new player

PostFri Jun 20, 2014 6:40 pm

Hello,

I think I was put off buying this originally because it as online against other players only.
But with it being on offer and boasting that it can now be played offline either against ai or hot seat I thought I would give it a go.

It seems though that you can only play 1 of 10 preset teams offline though? I had hoped it would have a team editor like in blood bowl, so that you can create your own teams.

Also can anyoe confirm that people do read this forum, it seems to have hardly any posts.

Reed

Re: Hello, from a new player

PostSat Jun 21, 2014 6:49 am

Hello and welcome to Dungeonbowl!

You can create your own teams and export them. After exporting you can let the AI play them against you. This way you can play also other teams than the default 10.

I don't think you can freely edit the created teams, though. They need to be developed through multiplayer play to get them new skills and more gold for new players and rerolls etc. before exporting to create new AI teams over 1000 TV.

So far, my experience has been that single player play gives you no gold and no SPP (they are listed at the end of the match but they disappear after that). If anyone knows different, please correct my ignorance.

Not many read the forum any more but with the new single player this could change. The more discussion we have, the more participants it will probably attract, though, so it's up to us to make the forum lively again.

splendidplumage

PostSat Jun 21, 2014 11:26 am

Thank you Reed.

I have worked it out now. You can create teams in online mode then save them to make them available in offline mode.

You are right though, in offline mode there is no progression. You just play a match with no post match changes so the teams never advance or change.

You can not edit the teams in game either. However I can edit them in an SQL editor. An in game editor would be nicer though. I have never used sql before needing to work it out to edit blood bowl teams and it takes a bit of figuring out to see which bits you need to change. I always feel it is easy to make a mistake and break something.

splendidplumage

PostSun Jun 22, 2014 11:14 am

Actually looks like I am going to struggle.
I don't seem to be able to add players to a team in SQL.
I don't know weither that because of my limited knowledge of how the databases are generated.
I suppose with any roster that has players that cost less than 60k I could make teams with 16 linemen then alter them to the correct positionals. This is all starting to sound like a lot more work though.

My aim was just to make some little offline leagues of my own for fun, where I can do all the inbtween match changes myself.

This morning I had a good plan. I copied one of my saved dungeonbowl teams into my saved bloobowl teams folder to see if it would open in bloodbowls team editor. It showed on the list. I could select it and it came up (curiously as a human team) but when I clicked on team roster blood bowl crashed. I'll try again when I get home later, but it looks like it is not quite compatible.

Reed

PostSun Jun 22, 2014 1:37 pm

You might be able to get help from the Blood Bowl forum:
http://forum.bloodbowl-game.com/

People there have modded the Blood Bowl teams for offline play and know the data formats. I seem to recall editing just the team file is not enough, you need some support files to be synchronized with it to not crash the game, but my recollections are very vague.

Return to General Forum