[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
• View topic - endless possabilitys

It is currently Sun May 12, 2024 6:04 pm

endless possabilitys

THE DUNGEON : The place to share your game experience.
  • Author

Coach Jester

endless possabilitys

PostWed May 23, 2012 8:03 pm

as this game will be released with just 3 teams, with a patch (that you will pay for) of the other teams coming later, i got me thinking.
you can make endless patches (that we pay for) with other teams (that are not in dungeon bowl or blood bowl)
teams like Khemir and ogre can be added.... YOU COULD DO SLANN (maybe name them something else to avoid copyright :P )

so i ask you what patches would you like to see (and pay for) i would like this

Wandering monster and weapon pack - 20 wandering monsters, and 4 new secret weapons you can add to your teams 0-2 use

paint pack - an upgrade to colours on the teams with more options on uniforms (like make pants 1 colour and top another, see Dawn of war 2 for how this could be improved for example)

undead pack - 3 undead teams with different combos of the undead, khemir and necromatic

Slann pack - need i say more :D

extra score pack - option where you need to score 3 times (or you can set the score needed) to win... once a score is done the balls is ported back into a chest (chests are randomly moved) but the players in the dungeon stay where they are and have to look for the ball (almost a reset if you know what i mean but if your full team is in it stays in)

you could make new teams, other chaos types, skys the limit, and if you dont like it dont DL it or pay for it so no need here to bitch and complain guys and be all negative as so many do that bore me :P :lol: :lol:

MILLANDSON

Re: endless possabilitys

PostThu May 24, 2012 9:07 pm

They'd have to ask GW before doing stuff not included in the original game, and GW have already vetoed Slann.

Coach Jester

PostFri May 25, 2012 7:09 am

MILLANDSON wrote:They'd have to ask GW before doing stuff not included in the original game.

so GW said to put in the Khrone team in the chaos ed and the lack of the teams structure was also ok with GW?

also if this was ok by GW :shock: then yes my mistake the topic should be "endless possibility ideas to suggest and hope that GW approve but we can still suggest them here and up to them what they want to put to GW" that any better mate? :D

Ugnash

PostFri May 25, 2012 9:26 am

I think Milly's real point was Slann-specific. Khorne is in the background fluff (obviously) and is particularly suited to the Bloodbowl setting of (almost) mindless violence and other teams may also be created but would also have to fit in with GW's vision. Sadly the Slann (at least as a Bloodbowl race) no longer do (it must be bloody difficult getting all those palanquins on the pitch lol). Yes I know someone will point out that the Bloodbowl world is a parallel world to the Warhammer one but going on past (and current given the Chaos release) experience those parallels seem close enough to assume that The Slann won't feature officially presumably because even in the Bloodbowl world they are bloody great, bloated toads with all the athletic ability of an arthritic slug.

spubbbba

PostFri May 25, 2012 11:39 am

Well the reason I’d heard was that GW didn’t want the 2 types to get confused.

The BB slann were based on the Warhammer slann from 1st edition 40K and 3rd edition fantasy battle. Super advanced pace frogs that had a massive disaster that allowed chaos into the world and wrecked their civilisation.

But as no one played them and the models were pretty awful they got rid of them. When 5th edition fantasy came round the slann’s old fluff became that of the Old ones and Slann became the big fat toads who were their favoured servants. The lizardmen and troglodytes has their fluff changed from being the original inhabitants or the warhammer world that the Slann tried to wipe out to become saurus, Kroxigor and skinks, the lesser servants and soldiers.

I’d also heard that Khrone were the 1st team they decided on, I guess they were hoping a brand new team would encourage people to get the game again. Plus GW does some nice bloodletter models so maybe they thought it would sell more models than pact, underworld or slann. Promoting those teams would likely just send more business to the 3rd party fantasy football manufacturers who cover those teams much better.

Zunova

PostFri May 25, 2012 4:06 pm

MILLANDSON wrote:They'd have to ask GW before doing stuff not included in the original game, and GW have already vetoed Slann.

Wasn't that for a different game? ;)

Coach Jester

PostSat May 26, 2012 4:06 am

i do see your points about the slann really i do, however i did make the point that they can do other chaos teams and who is to say they can't do a chaos team with "slann stats"? they dont have to look like slann or be named slann but they play like them is for me the next best thing.
a chaos team that act like slann (as in stats) AND have access to mutation skills :shock: oh one can dream... i want that team more than slann now :lol:

oh and to get back on track of the post i thought of a new pack to pay for

Spell pack - racial spells... each race has 2 spell options (as there are 3 races in a team thats 6 spells to pick from) but can only cast 1 per game... spells should be like the ones in blitz mode

oh and maybe a place we as the public could vote or give input to such packs, after all we would be the ones paying for them ;)

Return to General Forum