[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
• View topic - Spectator mode for online & LAN matches?

It is currently Tue May 14, 2024 2:28 pm

Spectator mode for online & LAN matches?

THE DUNGEON : The place to share your game experience.
  • Author

Rogue

Spectator mode for online & LAN matches?

PostWed May 30, 2012 2:31 pm

After reading the manual, I can see that you mention spectator mode (or at least the port requirement to observe a game). What I can't see is any mention of how you select a game to view.

Also, will the spectator/observer mode exist in LAN matches?

Silmael

Re: Spectator mode for online & LAN matches?

PostWed May 30, 2012 5:03 pm

It quite simple in fact, you can watch matches taht are currently played as long as they are played online. You choose which match you want to watch in a simple list. You start watching from the beginning and can watch normaly or fastforward until you reach the current status of the match.

As I said, spectator mode will only work with online games, so it won't work in LAN.

RobertJPowell

PostWed May 30, 2012 8:49 pm

Silmael wrote:It quite simple in fact, you can watch matches taht are currently played as long as they are played online. You choose which match you want to watch in a simple list. You start watching from the beginning and can watch normaly or fastforward until you reach the current status of the match.

As I said, spectator mode will only work with online games, so it won't work in LAN.

Makes sense. Spectator mode is going to be a lot of fun :)

Garthnait

PostThu May 31, 2012 7:04 pm

Silmael wrote:It quite simple in fact, you can watch matches taht are currently played as long as they are played online. You choose which match you want to watch in a simple list. You start watching from the beginning and can watch normaly or fastforward until you reach the current status of the match.

Great News. Need this for BB CE also. ;)

Aze22

PostFri Jun 01, 2012 4:14 pm

Hello,

To watch a live match in multiplayer, you have to connect to the main online lobby. Then, on the bottom-left corner of the screen, click on the "Recent matches" tab, and select a match that has the "On Air" status. From there, simply click on the "Watch Match" button!

Here's an image to show you :

Thank you for the feedback, this will be added to the manual.

Cheers,

Charly.

The Returned

PostTue Sep 11, 2012 7:58 pm

doesnt ever connect for me and i have followed the port forwarding thing so i know it works.

Reed

PostTue Sep 11, 2012 8:24 pm

One possible explanation might be that the person whose game you try to watch (the first of the two players) hasn't opened their port 16985. Of course, if you have tried several different persons, it would be really bad luck if none of them had done it.

You could ask in chat if anyone else can watch a certain match and try watching one where it should work. That would make certain that there is some problem if you still couldn't see it.

A-r-c-h-o-n

PostTue Sep 11, 2012 11:43 pm

I never heard about port 16985 to open or forward it. What it is up for? It also never appeard in Peerguradian, when i played a match as "blocked"...

Rogue

PostWed Sep 12, 2012 12:00 am

From the game manual:
If you have a router (a box, for example) and you cannot play via the Internet, you may be required to manually setup port forwarding:
• 16962 UDP (create game).
• 16985 UDP (observe game).

It is not relevant if your PC is the DMZ host or you are connecting directly to the internet without a firewall.

Upeer

PostMon Oct 01, 2012 7:23 am

Question about spectating...

Say I get bored and want to leave the game I'm watching...how do you do that? I couldn't find any menu commands to quit. I ended up having to tab out and close DB.
Next

Return to General Forum