[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
• View topic - Requested Improvements

It is currently Wed May 15, 2024 7:16 pm

Requested Improvements

THE DUNGEON : The place to share your game experience.
  • Author

TrickyD

Re: Requested Improvements

PostThu Jun 07, 2012 7:39 pm

:!: I think it is high time for the introduction of wandering monsters into DB.
The computer is perfectly fit to play them; they don't have to be as smart as human players, cause they only have to attack the 1st target that comes in sight.

:D And it would be cool if there was a 2squared door created for the dungeon editor which would then start the short animation of which random monster(s) entered the dungeon.

TrickyD

PostThu Jun 07, 2012 7:48 pm

Well since I'm here anyway how about some steampunk themed tiles or undead themed tiles for the Dungeon Editor?
:D I can't wait to create several dungeons of Castle Krankenstein.
Or the graveyards of the infamous Witchelf Barones Black-Blood.

TrickyD

PostTue Jun 12, 2012 9:36 am

:D For the Dungeon Editor I need a double-door tile asap.
And could you please create door tiles wich can be opened and closed in-game; where opening a door costs 1MV point and closing a door also costs 1MV?
I would also like some strobelight effects.
And the ability to turn copied tiles or is that already possible but don't know how to do?
And can we also have the option to decide from which direction light comes onto the map?

:lol: LoL I guess I'm asking for alot of improvements for the Dungeon Editor

Teutatis

PostTue Jun 12, 2012 12:56 pm

Yes, rotating copied tiles is a must for me. I was building a repetitive dungeon and built the main component for replicating, which was all well and good until I found I couldnt rotate it...so now I have to mirror it all by hand and redesign the area.

On the subject of doors, a rotating wall might be amusing. You know the ones from old horror movies where they pull a lever and the fireplace spins around to be replaced with an exact copy...only your on the other side. :lol:

But I think a dungeon monster should take precedance over these, giant scorpion, cave troll ("They have a Cave Troll!") :lol:

Strobelights I don't think I would want tbh Tricky, for people with Epilepsy...blinking lights yes, strobes no.

Working doors are a good idea though, my cells need a few doors.
Pound for pound, has less Dakka-Dakka than your average player

TrickyD

PostTue Jun 12, 2012 1:10 pm

Teutatis wrote:On the subject of doors, a rotating wall might be amusing. You know the ones from old horror movies where they pull a lever and the fireplace spins around to be replaced with an exact copy...only your on the other side. :lol: .
:lol: Brilliant, I 2nd this.

Teutatis wrote:Strobelights I don't think I would want tbh Tricky, for people with Epilepsy...blinking lights yes, strobes no.

Working doors are a good idea though, my cells need a few doors.

Okay maybe not blinking lights but more different colours of light.

TrickyD

PostTue Jun 12, 2012 9:45 pm

:D I just had the idea of creating a map called The Cave of the Icetroll then realized that without 'weather-conditions' like ice instead of water it would be no different from a cave from a normal Troll so how about adding in the weather conditions from BB? Instead of simulating weather in caves it would simulate the natural climate the caves are located?

:idea: And another thing, what I associate most with dungeons are hidden traps & secret doors. Obviously we can't have hidden traps because the player who designed the dungeon knows excatly where they are and after 1 playthrough the hidden traps aren't exactly hidden anymore.
But what about hidden doorways?
Obviously if a chest is placed in a sealed room behind a closed wall this would mean that there must be a secret door.
And this door can only be opened when a player makes an AG test (AG instead of intelligence). If he makes it the door opens and if he fails a trapdoor is sprung in which he automatically falls.

Teutatis

PostSat Jun 16, 2012 11:17 am

If you get a chance, could we have numerical values for the Fog and Glow sliders within the Editor?

Transferring conditions across maps atm means me drawing slider doodles on a pad lol...it would be much easier if I could say its 75% and not just roughly, somewhere, about-ish, there lol :D A football sized slider is not very accurate :lol:

Thankyou :D
Pound for pound, has less Dakka-Dakka than your average player

Imploded

PostSat Jun 16, 2012 3:29 pm

I'd like to see existing features refined first.

1. There should be a hot-key to bring the Sponge menu. Also it would be nice if "spongable" players were hi-lighted.

2. What's up with "yes" and "no" (when asked about re-rolls, etc.)? "Yes" and "no" positions are swapped compared to the original BB. It is very uncomfortable for veteran BB players.

Warfish

PostSun Jul 08, 2012 5:44 am

The one feature I would like to see is a single player mode. I have a wife and dogs and am constenly getting inertrruped by RL stuff. I like being able to pause a match as this would reduce wife aggro a great deal. LOL
You don't greet death, you punch it repeatly in the throat as it drags you away. No Fear

Reed

PostSun Jul 08, 2012 12:04 pm

Imploded wrote:Also it would be nice if "spongable" players were hi-lighted.

Yes, please list the player status (injured/KO/lost in warp/fell into a trap/healable)* on the Dugout screen. It is absolutely vital to know which of the players can still be brought back and clicking them all to see when the sponge button light up eats up far too much time from the already very tight two-minute turns.

To be effective, you now would need to write down what happens to each player as it happens so you don't waste time clicking on them. When you need to resort to pen and paper you know the game UI could do with some improvement.

It is even more important to know how many opposing players are able to come back on the pitch. Currently you cannot tell by looking at the other team listings whether the players can be healed or not (as the sponge button doesn't light up when you look at the other team). To know the real status you need to keep track of everyhthing that happens to the opposing players and make a note when they won't be coming back.

I know I'm not good enough to be able to keep all this in my head so I'm left guessing. I haven't started writing notes yet but maybe I should.

* Knowing exactly what happened to each player would be nice because sometimes you miss it when it happens. If you do end up listing all of the different statuses, please highlight the ones (with e.g. a prominent colour or a mark in a seprate column) that you can still bring back so it is easy to see in one glance. It's much slower to read the etries and try to figure out which of them are healable if they are just a list of status names.

2. What's up with "yes" and "no" (when asked about re-rolls, etc.)? "Yes" and "no" positions are swapped compared to the original BB. It is very uncomfortable for veteran BB players.

Couuld you please create an options setting for the button order? I have now played 20 online matches and I'm still not used to the new order. I have to carefully think what I'm doing every time I react to a dialog popup. It didn't use to be this hard. This grates on my nerves every time it comes up and it happens a lot during a match.
PreviousNext

Return to General Forum