[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
• View topic - Death Roller

It is currently Wed May 15, 2024 11:03 am

Death Roller

THE DUNGEON : The place to share your game experience.
  • Author

Reed

Re: Death Roller

PostMon Jul 16, 2012 6:22 am

katadder wrote:ona a side note, how does something with no hands get grab :D

The opponent's uniform is caught in the spikes of the roller and he's thrown in the desired direction with the driver's skillful manipulation of the control levers.

csbear

PostMon Jul 16, 2012 7:40 am

katadder wrote:on a a side note, how does something with no hands get grab :D

The Deathroller's driver can reach over and grab players since they are standing tall, but cannot reach down far enough to grab the ball on the ground :D

I hope the change to the DR isn't just a price increase. Honestly, getting rid of the DR would be best, and it would really open up the game I feel. But that isn't happening of course...

Zergos

PostTue Jul 17, 2012 2:29 am

I've never had any big problems with deathrollers so far in dungeonbowl. And they are there almost every game. I either throw two dudes with block at them or gang up with an ogre initiating the bash. So far I've injuried 1, K.O.ed 1 and pushed two into the water (well, they kinda sunk themselves, but what ever) with my 6-game brigh twizard team alone. They just seem so... underwhelming to me. Shure their stats are impressive and the special rules too, but I haven't seen them live up to the expectations yet. Neither in Dungeonbowl nor in Bloodbowl. Granted, I'm just a casual played, but still.

Grassius Toker

PostThu Jul 19, 2012 6:50 pm

I want so bad to like this game, but the deathroller is making it very hard. Please dont give me that "oh just mark him with someone and all your worries will go away". Play against any half decent caoch and see if they let you take the roller out of the game so easily. Literally every game Ive played the other person has a deathroller and completly controls the game with it. I refuse to use them so winning games has been next to impossible. They need to cost at least 260 or 300 to accurately reflect the impact they have on the game. Until this is fixed, there will be one less coach in this already pitifully small community. Have fun with Deathrollerbowl in the meantime.

Cyris

PostThu Jul 19, 2012 7:26 pm

Grassius Toker wrote:I want so bad to like this game, but the deathroller is making it very hard. Please dont give me that "oh just mark him with someone and all your worries will go away". Play against any half decent caoch and see if they let you take the roller out of the game so easily. Literally every game Ive played the other person has a deathroller and completly controls the game with it. I refuse to use them so winning games has been next to impossible. They need to cost at least 260 or 300 to accurately reflect the impact they have on the game. Until this is fixed, there will be one less coach in this already pitifully small community. Have fun with Deathrollerbowl in the meantime.

Ditto (except that I had no problem using the DR constantly.) Played DB for the first week, but the game-warping DR plus unlimited fouling disgusted me pretty quickly. Want to like this game, but do not.

Zergos

PostThu Jul 19, 2012 8:27 pm

Grassius Toker wrote:I want so bad to like this game, but the deathroller is making it very hard. Please dont give me that "oh just mark him with someone and all your worries will go away". Play against any half decent caoch and see if they let you take the roller out of the game so easily. Literally every game Ive played the other person has a deathroller and completly controls the game with it. I refuse to use them so winning games has been next to impossible. They need to cost at least 260 or 300 to accurately reflect the impact they have on the game. Until this is fixed, there will be one less coach in this already pitifully small community. Have fun with Deathrollerbowl in the meantime.

Well... refusing to use Deathrollers isn't exactly in the spirit of the game. It's a spin-off of Bloodbowl, not Flowerbowl. You are supposed to be mean to your enemy. And he is supposed to be mean to you. You can be a nice guy while doing so, of course, but being fair is far from mandatory.
Shure, their stats are kinda broken and since I've played a couple more games and got my own deathroller I've seen the horrible things he is capable of, especially when fouling. But don't let that get yourself down. Tell your enemy that if he puts his deathroller on he field, you will focus on hurting his players. Hurt them bad.
Focus on making his day the same misery your's would be if you took the game serious. Shure, you will loose some guys too, but you can allways roll up a new set of dwarf-torturers.

Grassius Toker

PostThu Jul 19, 2012 10:17 pm

Zergos wrote:

Well... refusing to use Deathrollers isn't exactly in the spirit of the game. It's a spin-off of Bloodbowl, not Flowerbowl. You are supposed to be mean to your enemy. And he is supposed to be mean to you. You can be a nice guy while doing so, of course, but being fair is far from mandatory.
Shure, their stats are kinda broken and since I've played a couple more games and got my own deathroller I've seen the horrible things he is capable of, especially when fouling. But don't let that get yourself down. Tell your enemy that if he puts his deathroller on he field, you will focus on hurting his players. Hurt them bad.
Focus on making his day the same misery your's would be if you took the game serious. Shure, you will loose some guys too, but you can allways roll up a new set of dwarf-torturers.

Its no fun to win with such an overpowered crutch. If both people bring them, it just brings the game down to a boring common denominator, where everything hinges on each team's DR rather than the overall composition of the team, "you get the other guy's DR out you win". Naw,the only shot at a pleasurable game is to bring my ogre and hope to face an elf team.

Morgon

PostThu Jul 19, 2012 10:19 pm

Zergos wrote:Well... refusing to use Deathrollers isn't exactly in the spirit of the game. It's a spin-off of Bloodbowl, not Flowerbowl. You are supposed to be mean to your enemy. And he is supposed to be mean to you. You can be a nice guy while doing so, of course, but being fair is far from mandatory.

Refusing to use deathroller is not because people are so friendly, but because it is a kind of exploit in the game. Personally I use it (with a disgust), because I'm a powergamer :) But I can imagine coaches, who presents more idealistic approach.

Zergos wrote:Shure, their stats are kinda broken and since I've played a couple more games and got my own deathroller I've seen the horrible things he is capable of, especially when fouling. But don't let that get yourself down. Tell your enemy that if he puts his deathroller on he field, you will focus on hurting his players. Hurt them bad.

Oh yes. He will be scared for sure ;-)
At the moment, one foul per turn is quite optimal. And hurting as many oponent players as you can is a normal play. There is nothing you can threat your oponent, maybe except you kick him in real life ;-), which can be tricky.

douglowe

PostThu Jul 19, 2012 11:55 pm

Morgon wrote:
Zergos wrote:Well... refusing to use Deathrollers isn't exactly in the spirit of the game. It's a spin-off of Bloodbowl, not Flowerbowl. You are supposed to be mean to your enemy. And he is supposed to be mean to you. You can be a nice guy while doing so, of course, but being fair is far from mandatory.

Refusing to use deathroller is not because people are so friendly, but because it is a kind of exploit in the game. Personally I use it (with a disgust), because I'm a powergamer :) But I can imagine coaches, who presents more idealistic approach.

I play a lot of games with Ogre & Goblin teams in BB because I enjoy a challenge - I don't criticize people who play dark elf teams for wanting to play with a competitive team. People who want a challenge are welcome to play bushy teams without a deathroller - but they shouldn't criticize people who are taking the optimal bash team lineup.

I, myself, am enjoying playing the running game with Rainbow teams - because wardancers are OP - and so don't really care if my opponent has a deathroller or not ;)

Evilstein

PostFri Jul 20, 2012 12:04 am

Zergos a écrit:Well... refusing to use Deathrollers isn't exactly in the spirit of the game. It's a spin-off of Bloodbowl, not Flowerbowl. You are supposed to be mean to your enemy. And he is supposed to be mean to you. You can be a nice guy while doing so, of course, but being fair is far from mandatory.

You are totally wrong. Dungeon Bowl with Death Roller is a blaspheme to Nuffle, a blaspheme to allow it like this.
It's like playing BBowl with no secret weapon rules....

Btw, It's just Patethic Bowl. You even don't have to play the ball...It's Blood Bowl without Balls.
PreviousNext

Return to General Forum