[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
• View topic - Cyanide, so sell me on this then...

It is currently Mon May 20, 2024 7:17 pm

Cyanide, so sell me on this then...

THE DUNGEON : The place to share your game experience.
  • Author

Darkson

Re: Cyanide, so sell me on this then...

PostFri Apr 20, 2012 9:14 pm

I'm guessing we'll soon get posts like this.
The lack of information (a Cyanide trait they seemed to have picked up from Focus, seeing as we can't blame them this time) speaks volumes.
I'd love to play Blood Bowl on the PC, but I want a FULL version, not some bugged, incomplete one.

Home of the ARBBL

Siam

PostSat Apr 21, 2012 5:43 pm

Ask your question, we'll try to answer.

Kikurasis

PostSat Apr 21, 2012 9:02 pm

Siam wrote:Ask your question, we'll try to answer.

What ruleset are you using for this game? A published one somewhere? An old version that you updated for the LRB6/CRP? Something entirely new but keeping the same fluff and teams?

koadah

PostSun Apr 22, 2012 11:27 am

Props for posting on a Saturday Siam. :)

So, WHY is there no single player mode? Is it a resource issue? If it is a resource issue should we (again) be worried about getting bugs fixed?

Should we treat this like a version of Windows and wait for the second service pack?

This seems like bit of a 'quick buck' release. Blood Bowl on a different field. Are we at least going to get some bug fixes for our money?

MattDakka

PostSun Apr 22, 2012 2:04 pm

AI would have been silly (as seen in Blood Bowl), therefore they did well choosing not to make a Single Player Dungeonbowl.
This way they can focus their resources on the game (well, I hope so :D ).
ImageImage

koadah

PostSun Apr 22, 2012 4:00 pm

I don't doubt that the AI would have been dreadful but without one the game will be fairly useless when the lobby is empty.

There'll be nothing for the noobs to get started with. No way to have a quick mess around.

I'm wondering how many games I can realistically expect to play with it.

Jolly Roger

PostMon Apr 23, 2012 10:13 am

Kikurasis wrote:

What ruleset are you using for this game? A published one somewhere? An old version that you updated for the LRB6/CRP? Something entirely new but keeping the same fluff and teams?

Our point of reference was this document by Games Workshop : http://www.games-workshop.com/MEDIA_Cus ... n_Bowl.pdf
We just made some little variations to better fit the video game specificities.

For the gameplay we were also guided by the Competition Rules (LRB6) "BB Legendary".

Darkson

PostMon Apr 23, 2012 5:19 pm

Not sure why you deleted my post, but:

The questions are in my OP - ignoring them doesn't make them not exist.
I'd love to play Blood Bowl on the PC, but I want a FULL version, not some bugged, incomplete one.

Home of the ARBBL

slothMD

PostWed Apr 25, 2012 2:31 pm

Jolly Roger wrote:
Kikurasis wrote:

Our point of reference was this document by Games Workshop : http://www.games-workshop.com/MEDIA_Cus ... n_Bowl.pdf
We just made some little variations to better fit the video game specificities.

For the gameplay we were also guided by the Competition Rules (LRB6) "BB Legendary".

*facepalm*

You do realize that when people keep asking you for the rules that you're using for the game, and you keep pointing to a document that A) Doesn't use anything resembling the current ruleset, B) Includes teams not supported anywhere else (and you've also stated you won't support any teams not included in your own Blood Bowl product, C) Doesn't include many of the teams supported in current Blood Bowl rules or your game, that you're eventually just gonna cause people to wander off and lose interest?

FFS, you're currently beta-ing the damn game. Are you seriously telling me that you are incapable of producing a document that summarizes the rules included and gives a breakdown of the actual team structures? We bloody well know you don't have Minotaurs or Chaos Dwarves, so stop pointing to a document that includes them. If there's no place in the game for some of the newer BB teams like Necro and Khemri, we need to know that, too - also unanswered by that link.

There are two questions people are asking here, and that link answers neither of them.
1) What are the team structures you support? A simple spreadsheet would answer this, whereas the outdated Dungeonbowl doc does not.
2) Which optional rules are you supporting? Wandering monsters you've answered (no), arena design you've answered (fixed design, no random arenas). What about bridges, statues, idols, pits, fountains, etc?

Bonus question: Why is getting information from this company like pulling teeth? It was easily 5 patches into Bloodbowl before we ever saw anything like patch notes, despite constant demands for them, and even today the notes we get aren't complete. Literally half the traffic on this forum so far has been WHAT ARE THE DAMN RULES? Specifically, the ones I noted above. Considering that the game is apparently nearly ready to ship, this should, literally, require no more than a few minutes to answer.

MILLANDSON

PostWed Apr 25, 2012 5:47 pm

Might be worth checking out the actual Q&A thread, since something you're asking had already been answered by Siam, and there are more replies in there.

Siam wrote:
Strongarm_Armstrong wrote:Will there be optional terrain types and rules like "FALLING INTO THINGS" (pits), "PRECARIOUS POSITIONS" (rope driges over lava), and "STATUES, IDOLS, THRONES AND FOUNTAINS"?

Yes, totally !! Not sure for dridges though, but bridges, sure thing :)
PreviousNext

Return to General Forum