[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
• View topic - Chaos Edition vs Dungeon Bowl in 2012

It is currently Tue May 14, 2024 1:08 pm

Chaos Edition vs Dungeon Bowl in 2012

THE DUNGEON : The place to share your game experience.
  • Author

Gallows Bait

Re: Chaos Edition vs Dungeon Bowl in 2012

PostWed Apr 11, 2012 12:17 pm

VoodooMike wrote:
Gallows Bait wrote:Blood Bowl players are your customer base for Dungeon Bowl. Dungeon Bowl is and always has been an add on / off-shoot of Blood Bowl.

Rather than simply venting on both forums, howsabout you skip right to what it is you want and propose? It's sort'v pointless to just complain if you have no idea what it is you actually want.

Sure, what I want is a working copy of Blood Bowl, the game I've bought twice out of faith in the game, not the programming. The game I will happily buy again if I works properly.

What I want is an incentive to buy Chaos Edition bigger than 2 teams and a joke Khorne team.

What I want is to understand why a company that can't seem to or isn't allowed to fix Blood Bowl thinks the community that plays it will want to buy Dungeon Bowl. After all, parting with more money for the same experience of bugs, disconnections and missing features isn't going to persuade me.

What I want is a Blood Bowl community that won't be split because we're on 2 separate games. With numbers down to around 300 coaches online at peak finding a game is getting harder. Having some of those players on Dungeon Bowl where I can't see or talk to them makes it harder to find a match in either game.

VoodooMike

PostWed Apr 11, 2012 12:32 pm

Gallows Bait wrote:Sure, what I want is a working copy of Blood Bowl, the game I've bought twice out of faith in the game, not the programming. The game I will happily buy again if I works properly.

I think you're going to find that Cyanide will want to focus on this game rather than that one. Why? They are both the producer and distributor of this game, which increases the amount of money they get from sales by a significant amount.

Gallows Bait wrote:What I want is an incentive to buy Chaos Edition bigger than 2 teams and a joke Khorne team.

Then you've come to the wrong forum.

Gallows Bait wrote:What I want is to understand why a company that can't seem to or isn't allowed to fix Blood Bowl thinks the community that plays it will want to buy Dungeon Bowl. After all, parting with more money for the same experience of bugs, disconnections and missing features isn't going to persuade me.

Because the Blood Bowl community wants to play Blood Bowl in all its forms.

Gallows Bait wrote:What I want is a Blood Bowl community that won't be split because we're on 2 separate games. With numbers down to around 300 coaches online at peak finding a game is getting harder. Having some of those players on Dungeon Bowl where I can't see or talk to them makes it harder to find a match in either game.

Yeah well, you're out of luck on that front. It will be in Cyanide's best interest to get people to focus their time and effort on Dungeonbowl rather than Blood Bowl for the reason specified above. I just hope they didn't go the Quazal route this time around.

Gallows Bait

PostWed Apr 11, 2012 12:47 pm

And I understand that Cyanide will want to focus on Dungeon Bowl as the money maker.

Hence my questions.

1. Is there a common code base that would allow improvements/fixes in Dungeon Bowl to provide similar benefit to Blood Bowl at minimal cost.

2. Given the motivation to sell Dungeon Bowl, and the fact that it is by necessity driven by a shared customer base, do Cyanide accept / realise that ongoing support of Blood Bowl is in their own best interest?

booncabal76

PostWed Apr 11, 2012 1:08 pm

As VoodooMike said, Dungeonbowl and Blood Bowl are two differents games. Dungeonbowl is an online game only and it has its own rules. So they will be no real interactions betwteen the two products.

Shame.

It would have added to its appeal if private leagues could have ran DB tourneys using LE/CE teams.

It's a shame the suits/decision makers at focus/GW/Cyanide can't all give each other a big hug and agree to set aside their contractual issues/obligations etc etc and do something for the niche community.

That one action - i.e. the setting aside of these obligations or whatever - in the spirit of providing the best gaming experience possible - would go a long way to reinvigorating and restoring player confidence...imho

:D

Vedrenne

PostWed Apr 11, 2012 2:18 pm

Jolly Roger wrote:As VoodooMike said, Dungeonbowl and Blood Bowl are two differents games. Dungeonbowl is an online game only and it has its own rules. So they will be no real interactions betwteen the two products.

So, taking the above highlighted bit at face value, is it pretty much confirmed that Dungeonbowl is going to be a multiplayer only game? If so, then it looks like i'll be sticking with BB:CE for the time being.

Quindia

PostWed Apr 11, 2012 9:10 pm

I'm going to definately pick up both. I have played literally hundreds of matches in BB:LE. Stable platform, great product, rarely have trouble finding matches online, and participate in a local area league. So by my experience with that- Chaos Edition is a given.

As far as Dungeon Bowl, well obviously that is why I am here. Can't wait to play!
The King of Coinjock

Marz

PostThu Apr 12, 2012 4:57 am

The possibilities as a second tier BB platform sounds amazing

Jolly Roger

PostThu Apr 12, 2012 9:32 am

@Vedrenne : Yes Dungeonbowl is a multiplayer game only. As this sport is quicker and more aggressive, we decided to make an online turn-based game.

Ugnash

PostThu Apr 12, 2012 10:43 pm

Cool - I'm in for this and don't really care whether it's a separate game or not. In fact tbh I would foresee more problems in being able to alternate teams back and forth between the two formats than keeping them totally separate.

riboflavin

PostFri Apr 13, 2012 11:13 pm

Jolly Roger wrote:As VoodooMike said, Dungeonbowl and Blood Bowl are two differents games. Dungeonbowl is an online game only and it has its own rules. So they will be no real interactions betwteen the two products.

Pardon me, but does this mean there is no single player game or just that you need an internet connection to play in any mode?

**Nevermind---should have actually finished reading the thread before posting.
PreviousNext

Return to General Forum