[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
• View topic - Vampires & DB

It is currently Tue May 14, 2024 11:49 am

Vampires & DB

THE DUNGEON : The place to share your game experience.
  • Author

TrickyD

Vampires & DB

PostThu Jun 14, 2012 8:47 pm

In another topic someone asked if I would want my players to suffer from Bloodlust, which made me think about Vampires in DB.
:D So after mulling it over I realised that Vampires would do great in DB.
The worst thing a Vampire could do in BB is fail his Bloodlust roll which means that he has to suck a Thrall or if he can't reach 1 feed on someone in the audience, and when that happens he gets send off the field and can only return in the next drive. Since we have no drives in DB the worst thing that would happen is that like in BB the Vamp would feed on the audience to, but in DB he can return the next turn (or the turn after that since he needs to snack).
No Magic Sponge is required to heal a Vamp who failed his Bloodlust, only a quick snack on a Thrall in the Dug Out.
And according to the rules a Thrall could never be killed of being fed upon.
The worst he could suffer is being Badly Hurt which would be no problem for the Magic Sponge.
Heck, this would mean that technically you could nearly field an all Vampire team in DB, with only 1 or 2 Thralls in your team.

So I'm guessing that if Vampires were allowed in DB they would have to be the primary race since the coach should be able to field 15 Thralls and just 1 Vampire.
The Secundary Race should be Human since, if I'm not mistaken, only Humans can become Vampires? I'm not really that familiar with Vampires in the world of Warhammer.
Anyway, Vamps should not be able to feed on their Human teammates who are unwilling, only on Thralls.
And since Vampires are also undead the Tertiary Race could only be the Undead.

:?: What do you guys think?

juck101

Re: Vampires & DB

PostThu Jun 14, 2012 9:13 pm

Not sure.
Typically they dont play in the Dungey sides

TrickyD

PostThu Jun 14, 2012 9:24 pm

juck101 wrote:Not sure.
Typically they dont play in the Dungey sides

:?: I know, but so far I've correctly implented the official BB rules for DB, right?

TrickyD

PostFri Jun 15, 2012 4:36 am

I've just read that you can only field 0-4 Vamps in a team which is fine since you can also field Ogres (from Ogre Teams so no Loners) and Necromantic players.
But now I assume that DB does have drives since we can score more than 1 TD?
Which would mean that Vamps can be send off the field from suffering Bloodlust.

Coach Jester

PostFri Jun 15, 2012 5:45 am

i fell for that link to :oops: its for a 2010 thing not sure if official or if GW approved
will the teams listed there be in this game? I hope so i want slann sooooo much :lol:

will all the rules? don't thinks so.. many would be hard to script and prob make the game to buggy for this lot to handle

as for you thoughts on vamps I like it and agree

and 4 vamps with 4 ogres in a team would be cool though maybe a tad op :lol: but who cares could be fun

TrickyD

PostFri Jun 15, 2012 5:50 am

:?: So it's not official?
That sucks, I kinda like those rules.

MILLANDSON

PostFri Jun 15, 2012 10:02 am

Unless it is the rules pdf that came with the game, or Cyanide have stated it is a change to the rules, it's not official - the pdf you guys are talking about was made by a few people a couple of years ago, but is entirely unofficial.

I don't like it because it gets rid of the college teams, and I like the variety the college teams bring.

Silmael

PostFri Jun 15, 2012 3:08 pm

Yep, as Millandson said, this is an unofficial pdf.

I am quite sure we did not realease this one, and GW only made one official version of Dungeonbowl, and it is this one.

There are a lot of fan-made pdf of the rules out there, since the game has a few years and was not updated by Games Workshop. ;) But even without knowing that, I do not thing they would release something with this kind of layout.

Coach Jester

PostFri Jun 15, 2012 5:35 pm

Silmael wrote:Yep, as Millandson said, this is an unofficial pdf.

I am quite sure we did not realease this one, and GW only made one official version of Dungeonbowl, and it is this one.

There are a lot of fan-made pdf of the rules out there, since the game has a few years and was not updated by Games Workshop. ;) But even without knowing that, I do not thing they would release something with this kind of layout.

so by that are you saying you wont do more than the 10 listed colleges? i hope you will add the others over time in other packs be happy to pay for them... be good to see vamps and the others and just rename slann with anything you like ;)

after all you didnt stick to the rules with regard to the "bright Wizards" (swap human and dwarf) so if you can break that why not break other things and add the others... you know you want to ;)

Silmael

PostMon Jun 18, 2012 10:33 am

First things first, we will start by releasing the 10 official Colleges. ;)

But, as we told during the fanday in Paris, we would love to do more Colleges to add all of the races. But this will not solely depend on us as you could imagine. It will also depends on how the ame is doing and Games Workshop's approval. But be assured, that we will let you know as soon as we know!
Next

Return to General Forum