[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
• View topic - Fouling

It is currently Tue May 14, 2024 8:05 pm

Fouling

THE DUNGEON : The place to share your game experience.
  • Author

DeToX86

Re: Fouling

PostMon Jun 18, 2012 9:47 pm

The key here is "lethal" traps. There is supposed to be a difference between the traps according to the rules I read when I bought the game.

I think once you get all the rules in place and working properly the game will run much better.

Rogue

PostTue Jun 19, 2012 12:08 am

TrickyD wrote: :evil: So you're saying that pushing someone into a trap is even more effective than fouling?
That is interesting.

Only lethal traps. Non-lethal traps just remove the player from play. But basically any time a player falls off the map, they are out of the match permanently.

TrickyD

PostTue Jun 19, 2012 8:10 am

Rogue wrote:Only lethal traps. Non-lethal traps just remove the player from play. But basically any time a player falls off the map, they are out of the match permanently.

:) Yes of course.
But I guess traps seem much more effective than fouling if ya can't sponge pple back into the game.

Darkson

PostTue Jun 19, 2012 8:13 am

TrickyD wrote: :| But I'm still not convinced of allowing a draw; the whole point of DB is to settle an argument and a draw does nothing to accomplish that.

That's using Fluff to argue against (or for, just as bad) a game mechanic. If you're going to use fluff as a reason to disallow draws, then you should only have one of each College team TOTAL amongst all the online players - according to the fluff there were only ever 10 DB teams, one per college. ;)

Oh, and a draw was always possible in DB - final players on the field roll a Both Down, both break armour and both injure there opponent. We managed that after a 3 hour TT game (weren't happy!!! :lol: ).
I'd love to play Blood Bowl on the PC, but I want a FULL version, not some bugged, incomplete one.

Home of the ARBBL

TrickyD

PostTue Jun 19, 2012 8:29 am

Darkson wrote:That's using Fluff to argue against (or for, just as bad) a game mechanic. If you're going to use fluff as a reason to disallow draws, then you should only have one of each College team TOTAL amongst all the online players - according to the fluff there were only ever 10 DB teams, one per college. ;)

Yes well I'm not really against a draw Im just against turteling and fouling a whole team off the field now that the time limitation favours small maps.

:D Fluff you say? I find this a perfect way to set up leagues; 10 players per league where each college is represented by on-line players or the computer.

But I guess that if the trap rules and fouling rules work as they should draws won't be common anyway.

TrickyD

PostTue Jun 19, 2012 8:53 am

Darkson wrote:Oh, and a draw was always possible in DB - final players on the field roll a Both Down, both break armour and both injure there opponent. We managed that after a 3 hour TT game (weren't happy!!! :lol: ).

:) True, but this happened by the roll of the dice and not because of a stalling tactic.

Roi Lorcan

PostTue Jun 19, 2012 11:09 am

For me to avoid the stalling tactic we have to :
- use only dungeons hard to block (with end zones larger than the 4x2 and in large rooms with large openings)
- stop the teleport back rule
- don't give a win to the last player in the dungeon (unless he scores a TD)
- limit the number of turns

And of course, update the software with the right fouling and pits rules ;)
Rejoignez le NAF Tour et disputez les 4 tournois majeurs contre les équipes légendaires ! (cliquez sur la bannière ci-dessous)

Waldorf

PostTue Jun 19, 2012 11:41 am

If both coaches have the option of fouling all the time, how can it be unbalanced? It just makes Dirty Player a great skill pick!

A-r-c-h-o-n

PostTue Jun 19, 2012 12:23 pm

Beside the fact that the rules should be implemented in a correct way...
Whats so bad about stalling? It seems like a vaild tactic to me. Just like in normal BB (the 2:1 grind).

Rogue

PostTue Jun 19, 2012 12:32 pm

A-r-c-h-o-n wrote:Beside the fact that the rules should be implemented in a correct way...
Whats so bad about stalling? It seems like a vaild tactic to me. Just like in normal BB (the 2:1 grind).

Nothing wrong with stalling per se, but under the current implementation, the last player standing gets both MVPs and both winnings, meaning the coach that spent 90 mins fighting for the win could have conceded after 2 minutes for the same outcome.

As for both sides being able to foul, that's true, but when you combine that with the differential between high AV teams with a Dirty Player Secret Weapon with no penalty vs a low AV team, it's obvious the Rainbow College is going to suffer far more on a closed map than either of the other two teams.

Maybe when the DLC add-ons for the additional colleges are released, the balance might improve.
PreviousNext

Return to General Forum