[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
• View topic - Reviews

It is currently Mon May 13, 2024 10:49 pm

Reviews

THE DUNGEON : The place to share your game experience.
  • Author

Darkson

Reviews

PostFri Jun 29, 2012 7:42 am

I'd love to play Blood Bowl on the PC, but I want a FULL version, not some bugged, incomplete one.

Home of the ARBBL

RobertJPowell

Re: Reviews

PostSat Jun 30, 2012 11:51 am

Rock, paper, shotgun.. never heard of them before Darkson, you are clasping at straws now..

Darkson

PostSat Jun 30, 2012 6:45 pm

I didn't find it, it was linked on the BB Tactics forum.
Supposedly it's well known, but I don't use gaming websites, so I've no idea (I'm happy with my Civ IV and FM2008 thanks very much).
I'd love to play Blood Bowl on the PC, but I want a FULL version, not some bugged, incomplete one.

Home of the ARBBL

MILLANDSON

PostMon Jul 02, 2012 3:08 am

Rock Paper Shotgun is actually probably one of the more well-known gaming sites out there, so it's not really clutching at straws, Robert, so much as you (presumably) don't spend much time in the online gaming news-site scene.

I can understand why the review said what it did, because the game really isn't for everyone. It's not something you can take seriously at all, and that people who enjoy the tabletop side of BB will probably like it more than purely PC gamers, which is pretty much what he says.

DeToX86

PostMon Jul 02, 2012 6:01 am

RPS is very well-known. Review is not perfect, but I can't say he is flat out wrong either. This is very much a niche game and that is basically what the review says imo.
Last edited by DeToX86 on Mon Jul 02, 2012 3:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Waldorf

PostMon Jul 02, 2012 11:39 am

Pretty fair review I think - Dungeonbowl *is* a pretty esoteric game and you've got to be pretty passionate about it to endure the flaws of absent colleges and clunky interface.

Thing is though, I am passionate about it, and I love it.

Pretty small numbers in the lobby though, even on a Saturday night. I've jumped in on three occasions in the last three days and been the only player not paired up, so slinked away again.

Glad to hear you like FM Darkson, I was Head of Development at SEGA Europe when Sports Interactive changed publisher and was Producer on FM 2005 & 2006. Good times.

Return to General Forum