[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
• View topic - Dear Cyanide, please clear this up

It is currently Wed May 15, 2024 11:33 am

Dear Cyanide, please clear this up

THE DUNGEON : The place to share your game experience.
  • Author

Darkson

Dear Cyanide, please clear this up

PostFri Jun 29, 2012 7:52 am

To all coaches and forum-goers: please allow Cyanide to answer (or ignore - either is telling), if you don't work for them, don't reply, at least until after they have.

DEAR CYANIDE:

Please clear up, and solve one of the biggest mysteries on this forum, the fouling rules.

On the one hand, you've said the game follows the CRP as closely as possible, except where noted overwise (so if you foul, you can get sent off).
On the other hand, you've followed the last official Dungeonbowl rules where possible (Colleges [with tweaks], etc.). They say nothing different about fouling.
And on the other hand (er...Chaos!!), a lot of people remember the old original DB game, where there was no ref, and hence no sending offs (but that was a completely different ruleset).

Coaches are fouling and not getting sent off, (currently the only) Secret Weapon is never removed, as there is only one drive, and yet you can take a Bribe as an Inducement.

So please, can you clear it up:

Is fouling, with no Sending Offs:
a) Working as intended? (i.e. it's an intentional rule change)
b) A bug that will be fixed (sometime)? (i.e you should be getting Sent Off as per CRP)
I'd love to play Blood Bowl on the PC, but I want a FULL version, not some bugged, incomplete one.

Home of the ARBBL

Roi Lorcan

Re: Dear Cyanide, please clear this up

PostFri Jun 29, 2012 9:41 am

Darkson wrote:And on the other hand (er...Chaos!!), a lot of people remember the old original DB game, where there was no ref, and hence no sending offs (but that was a completely different ruleset).

Please can you send me the document were you find this "no ref" rule. I was a fan of the original DB game and I have read the original DB rulebook and the fouls and players sent off are included in this rulebook (see page 6 of the original DB rulebook for BB 2nd edition). I don't know were this false statement that there is no ref in the dungeon comes from but it's not in this original DB boardgame !
Rejoignez le NAF Tour et disputez les 4 tournois majeurs contre les équipes légendaires ! (cliquez sur la bannière ci-dessous)

Darkson

PostFri Jun 29, 2012 9:49 am

Wow! We played that wrong for so long (I mourn for my win/loss record! Would have been so much better!)

Right, that makes the question even easier.

Cyanide, given that the rules for being Sent Off have always been in the game (regardless of the rules at the time), is the current "No Sending Off" a deliberate rules change, or a bug?
I'd love to play Blood Bowl on the PC, but I want a FULL version, not some bugged, incomplete one.

Home of the ARBBL

Silmael

PostFri Jun 29, 2012 11:52 am

Hi Darkson,

So, in fact, the reason behind the fouling rule is quite simple. It is neither a bug nor an intentional rule change, but a misinterpretation of the rules.

At first this was going, for the fanday we had a few month ago we talked about it with some players (who remembered the Dungeonbowl without fouling rules) and after checking we mistook Illegal Procedures Call for Sending Off. In fact, it has nothing to do with it, so after another deeper check, we will reintroduce the fouling rule in a coming patch.

This should also affect the death roller problem, by the way. ;)

Roi Lorcan

PostFri Jun 29, 2012 12:42 pm

At last !!! :D :D :D
Rejoignez le NAF Tour et disputez les 4 tournois majeurs contre les équipes légendaires ! (cliquez sur la bannière ci-dessous)

Darkson

PostFri Jun 29, 2012 2:58 pm

Thank you for the reply, and the speed of answer.

Home of the ARBBL

Silmael

PostFri Jun 29, 2012 3:07 pm

No problem, we cannot always be as quick as this, but most of the time, we are trying :)

Evilstein

PostFri Jun 29, 2012 4:05 pm

Thx for the response, and thx Darkson.

King Lorcan we win our Crusade against the unfaithful infidels !

This should also affect the death roller problem, by the way. ;)

Explain ? The King Lorcan Rule !

Silmael

PostFri Jun 29, 2012 4:46 pm

@Evilstein: With the fouling rule there, the death roller could be sent off. I do not think it will become useless, I just think it may become a lesser problem in a match :)

Roi Lorcan

PostFri Jun 29, 2012 5:31 pm

Death roller will just stop fouling but it stays overpowered anyway... :(
Next

Return to General Forum