[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
• View topic - Questions and Suggestions

It is currently Sun May 12, 2024 7:42 pm

Questions and Suggestions

THE DUNGEON : The place to share your game experience.
  • Author

Silmael

Re: Questions and Suggestions

PostFri May 11, 2012 6:16 pm

Ok, these are really precise questions !

1, 2, 2a/ Anyway you look at it, the fact is really easy. If a player moves into a teleporter, he is teleported, if he was on the teleporter and stays there, he will not be. It works the same with blocks. If you push, he will be teleported. If the knock-down or the stune make him move, he will be too. If he is knocked-down on the teleporter but did not move, he will not be.

3/ Same as above, when in frenzy, the player goes on the teleporter thus he is teleported. The only thing is that if he is not teleported next to your latest target, there will be no second block.

On the other questions, I must say, I did not understand your point in the first one (and there was three of us trying !) so could you please rephrase it ? I think there is mainly a syntax problem.

2/ Neither of those. If an unit A is teleported 2 times in a round, it rolls an injury roll. But if it is a chain reaction and it happens to get in a teleporter where there was already another unit B, B will be teleported, even if A is knocked-down, and if another unit C comes back on knocked-down A, this poor lad will once again get an injury roll. (Is this clear ?)

Hope this will be fine, please rephrase the remaining question and I will gladly answer it. If it was to know what happnes to an unit being teleported on the same square, this one is lost into he warp.

Darkson

PostFri May 11, 2012 7:12 pm

Waldorf wrote:
Darkson wrote:TBH though Ugnash I would have thought you would have been capable of piecing that together for yourself instead of getting facetious.

Hey Darkson - how about you proceed on the basis that we can *always* piece together what you might say and therefore spare us all your future posts? Just askin' ;)

Very sorry for coming up with a legitimate question that hadn't been asked or answered here, and seems to need you to listen to a podcast that hadn't been posted at the time I asked the question.

Thankfully, some people are just Cyanide fanbois that will buy whatever crap is put in front of them, and want to know the answers to legit questions.

We now know that, as far as leagues are concerned, that all dungeons will need vetting, as some of them will be extremely skewed in favour of elves/skaven/fast teams.
I'd love to play Blood Bowl on the PC, but I want a FULL version, not some bugged, incomplete one.

Home of the ARBBL

BloodSkull

PostFri May 11, 2012 9:28 pm

Silmael wrote:Ok, these are really precise questions !

On the other questions, I must say, I did not understand your point in the first one (and there was three of us trying !) so could you please rephrase it ? I think there is mainly a syntax problem.

Hope this will be fine, please rephrase the remaining question and I will gladly answer it. If it was to know what happnes to an unit being teleported on the same square, this one is lost into he warp.

I like to ask precise questions to see how mechanics of the game work. Some of these questions have come up in the past which seem to be fairly straight forward, but you never know.

1 -2a are fairly easy, but you never know if it'll be implemented that way which is good that it does.

3 is good to read because it could have gone either way.

3a) was just a question about Pile On that I sort of rushed. Since the person is teleported before "finishing" Frenzy. It's asked just to make sure that I do not assume after making a tackle and moving on the square as a follow up on the teleporter that Pile On would be allowed to finish before teleporting. It's sort of like a poor mans fend. I'm happy with the answers as given.

Okay, Ill try to rephrase the Other first question. If person A teleports into person B's pad, lets call it pad 6, when person B rolls the forced teleport and rolls a 6. Does Person B go in the lost bin and A is fine where he is, or does it force A to move and roll for an Injury roll? It's one of those questions that varies from league to league that I've played in. The confusion is from: Since A forced B out of pad six, and pad 6 malfunctions does the malfunction effect A as well?

2) Its good to know that stunned players will still be subject to injury rolls and resume chains, as it should.

Waldorf

PostFri May 11, 2012 11:34 pm

Darkson wrote:Very sorry...

S'ok, apology accepted. Don't beat yourself up about it.

Ugnash

PostSat May 12, 2012 12:20 am

Darkson wrote:
Thankfully, some people are just Cyanide fanbois that will buy whatever crap is put in front of them, and want to know the answers to legit questions.

I guess you mean AREN'T don't you? See what I mean about posting incorrectly - it can be very misleading ;)

Aside from that, it may also be that your supposed fanbois are actually just people who play BB a helluva lot and enjoy it. Would it be better if all of the rules / star players etc etc had been implemented - hell yes. But I've still played this more than any other video game (and have played every edition of the TT game before it) and still enjoy it and therefore it is worth the money as far as I am concerned. I'm not a fanbois just someone who enjoys playing BB (as I suspect many others are) and I can still acknowledge the flaws without chucking the game out the window or whining about it.
Previous

Return to General Forum