[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
• View topic - Questions and Suggestions

It is currently Mon May 13, 2024 5:00 am

Questions and Suggestions

THE DUNGEON : The place to share your game experience.
  • Author

jamesfarrell129

Questions and Suggestions

PostThu Apr 12, 2012 10:44 am

I know its relatively early days, but was hoping you'd be able to answer a few questions about this game. I know some are possibly unanswerable at the moment but any information you can give will be much appreciated.

1. Any chance you could let us know what the rules are? I've seen a few PDFs around with Dungeonbowl rules but would be interested to see how closely your game will match these.

2. Ditto for the rosters - would like to see what kind of teams will be available. (Also, quick suggestion: you need to create a Rosters subforum like the BB boards have for these ;))

3. I've seen this mentioned as online only... will this just be done via the same kind of multiplayer servers in BB:LE? Or will we have options for LAN, Direct IP, and hotseat games?

4. What options will people have for buying this? Will it be download only, or will there be disc versions as well? Will it be available over Steam? And any idea about rough pricing for this - are you aiming for a budget-level title, or will people be charged full whack?

I'm trying to be positive about this game as I think it could be a lot of fun... depending on how its packaged up.

PS: I'd be able to be far more positive if included in beta testing ;) :P

Jolly Roger

Re: Questions and Suggestions

PostThu Apr 12, 2012 11:55 am

Hello!

1. The rules are very closed to the official ones. They're just small and few modifications that we have to made to improve the gameplay. For example, in a team two players max. can have the loner competence (this is not the case in the official rules). It makes the roster creation more simple and allows more variations in the teams. It has been approved by Gamesworkshop.

2. We'll present you the available teams very soon, we should start next week. :)

3. Yes, they will be options for LAN, Direct IP, and hotseat games with pre-defined teams. And you'll also be able to play with your own teams in multiplayer.

4. For the moment, there will be only online distribution. And it should be more a budget-level title. :)

I hope I have answered your questions!

jamesfarrell129

PostThu Apr 12, 2012 12:56 pm

Thanks for the answers!

Another couple of questions (forgot them earlier)

Will the online games available be similar to the existing BB game - i.e. will there be different leagues/cups available to run? Or just one-off matchmaking-style games?

And will there be a time limit on games? I get the impression that the rules could potentially lead to a game that lasted anything from 10 minutes to several hours...

Vedrenne

PostThu Apr 12, 2012 1:44 pm

Jolly Roger wrote:Hello!

1. The rules are very closed to the official ones. They're just small and few modifications that we have to made to improve the gameplay. For example, in a team two players max. can have the loner competence (this is not the case in the official rules). It makes the roster creation more simple and allows more variations in the teams. It has been approved by Gamesworkshop.

2. We'll present you the available teams very soon, we should start next week. :)

3. Yes, they will be options for LAN, Direct IP, and hotseat games with pre-defined teams. And you'll also be able to play with your own teams in multiplayer.

4. For the moment, there will be only online distribution. And it should be more a budget-level title. :)

I hope I have answered your questions!

Just a quick query, but how does restricting the number of players with the loner characteristic allow for more variations in team creation? Surely by removing the number of players with loner in a team, you are reducing the amount of choice when building that team?

A-r-c-h-o-n

PostThu Apr 12, 2012 1:50 pm

Will there be public leagues and (how) will MM work? Again TV-based? ELO-ranking? Games played by team/coach? Will the MM-Search-Settings be customisable?

booncabal76

PostThu Apr 12, 2012 2:06 pm

Have you taken on board the comments/advice/requests/bug reports and so on from BBLE when developing this to avoid making the same mistakes?

;)

MattDakka

PostThu Apr 12, 2012 2:14 pm

Will the dungeons be randomly generated every game, or will they be a set of fixed, never-changing maps?
ImageImage

Slauz

PostThu Apr 12, 2012 2:58 pm

Vedrenne wrote:
Just a quick query, but how does restricting the number of players with the loner characteristic allow for more variations in team creation? Surely by removing the number of players with loner in a team, you are reducing the amount of choice when building that team?

by reducing the max number of a certain player (in this case: in DungeonBowl teams you can include 2 big guys and 1 starplayer, with this rule you have to choice between 2 bigguys and 1 big-guy+ 1 star) you force more "sub-optimal" formation, so the choices will be different to reach the purpose of a competitive team.

I'm waiting with impatience the official team rosters ;)

Roi Lorcan

PostThu Apr 12, 2012 3:09 pm

Thanks for these quick replies :D
Rejoignez le NAF Tour et disputez les 4 tournois majeurs contre les équipes légendaires ! (cliquez sur la bannière ci-dessous)

MILLANDSON

PostThu Apr 12, 2012 5:21 pm

Slauz wrote:
Vedrenne wrote:

by reducing the max number of a certain player (in this case: in DungeonBowl teams you can include 2 big guys and 1 starplayer, with this rule you have to choice between 2 bigguys and 1 big-guy+ 1 star) you force more "sub-optimal" formation, so the choices will be different to reach the purpose of a competitive team.

I'm waiting with impatience the official team rosters ;)

Aye, it'd promote the use of more different types of player, and mean fewer teams with stupid numbers of big guys, which is a good change I think :)

Looking forward to seeing the updated College teams :)
Next

Return to General Forum