[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
• View topic - Questions and Suggestions

It is currently Sun May 12, 2024 5:00 pm

Questions and Suggestions

THE DUNGEON : The place to share your game experience.
  • Author

Ugnash

Re: Questions and Suggestions

PostTue May 08, 2012 8:31 am

Darkson wrote:May have been asked before, but is there going to be a limit on the size of the dungeons (both pre-made and custom), as the T16/24 rule might make some difficult to win for the slower races?

Dungeon size has been answered above and from Deletio's preview there is the following re game length restrictions...

- Match duration is limited : after 16 turns, no player can enter the dongeon, after 24 turns, 1 player per turn is teleported back in the dug out until both teams run out of player.

Darkson

PostTue May 08, 2012 4:51 pm

Ugnash wrote:
Darkson wrote:May have been asked before, but is there going to be a limit on the size of the dungeons (both pre-made and custom), as the T16/24 rule might make some difficult to win for the slower races?

and from Deletio's preview there is the following re game length restrictions...

- Match duration is limited : after 16 turns, no player can enter the dongeon, after 24 turns, 1 player per turn is teleported back in the dug out until both teams run out of player.

Yeah, thanks for quoting something as an answer that I'd already referenced in my post. :roll:
I'd love to play Blood Bowl on the PC, but I want a FULL version, not some bugged, incomplete one.

Home of the ARBBL

JimmyFantastic

PostWed May 09, 2012 12:57 am

The T16/24 rule is fantastic, very happy to hear that the game won't be completeley dominated by griefers.

Ugnash

PostWed May 09, 2012 1:07 am

Darkson wrote:
Ugnash wrote:

and from Deletio's preview there is the following re game length restrictions...

Yeah, thanks for quoting something as an answer that I'd already referenced in my post. :roll:

FFS you really are just never happy are you mate :roll:

Yes I can read but I thought it was relevant to add the part that you neglected to include (and therefore I had no way to know whether you had seen) specifically with regards to the removal of players. Assuming that the slower teams are the more bash-orientated ones then they should have more players in the dungeon by the time the 24th turn is reached and therefore have the ability to 'outlast' their faster / more fragile opponents and allow them to score right at the end with little or no opposition. This of course assumes that the bashing strategy works and that the faster team hasn't already won the game - but there again that is part of the beauty of the game.

TBH though Darkson I would have thought you would have been capable of piecing that together for yourself instead of getting uppity ;)

Darkson

PostWed May 09, 2012 7:33 am

Right, so I referenced it in my post because I hadn't seen it. :roll:

If the dungeon is to big the slow teams won't have the oppotunity to remove players from the fast team. You can't rely on teleporters to balance a dungeon that's to large for a player to traverse normally. At it's maximum, it will take a dwarf lineman 32 turns to travel the full-length (20, if he makes 2 GFI each turn), and that's just assuming he can go in a straight line. Take an elf team, make a full-size dungeon, and there's a pretty good chance that a dwarf team can't reach you before it's players start disappearing.

TBH though Ugnash I would have thought you would have been capable of piecing that together for yourself instead of getting facetious.
I'd love to play Blood Bowl on the PC, but I want a FULL version, not some bugged, incomplete one.

Home of the ARBBL

Moraiwe

PostWed May 09, 2012 10:26 am

The french article on http://www.playitlive.fr/blog/2012/05/preview-dungeonbowl/ mentions further content to be available via the DLC model (penultimate paragraph). I think it mentions additional Colleges but am unsure. Can anybody translate?

dode74

PostWed May 09, 2012 10:38 am

Google can:
New kits and new environments Colleges of Magic will come gradually through DLCs planned to be available "cheap" for a pleasant change. And here we can only ask: "Yes but if I have not bought the new pack, I could play more! "Well no, embittered little noob, you can always play with people who, themselves, purchased the optional content, and be crazy, you can even play cards created from this content through transpositions of texture. So happy?

Ugnash

PostWed May 09, 2012 10:41 am

Darkson wrote:Right, so I referenced it in my post because I hadn't seen it. :roll:

If the dungeon is to big the slow teams won't have the oppotunity to remove players from the fast team. You can't rely on teleporters to balance a dungeon that's to large for a player to traverse normally. At it's maximum, it will take a dwarf lineman 32 turns to travel the full-length (20, if he makes 2 GFI each turn), and that's just assuming he can go in a straight line. Take an elf team, make a full-size dungeon, and there's a pretty good chance that a dwarf team can't reach you before it's players start disappearing.

TBH though Ugnash I would have thought you would have been capable of piecing that together for yourself instead of getting facetious.

Re the reference - its always dangerous to assume that someone knows something when they haven't referenced the quote correctly or in full (perhaps they mis-read - or in your case seem to be so underwhelmed by the DB project that you are just looking for whining options). I chose not to take that chance.

As for your example, well some of the best DB games I've played have been the ones where they are larger dungeons thus making it a real option for players to have to use the teleporters otherwise too mny other coaches have chosen to avoid them. I also made the point of saying that my example was based on the bash strategy working - as in normal BB if your bashes aren't impacting on a faster team then you may well be out-manoeuvred and beaten.

But I think the other answer lies in the upload to Cyanide's servers where the community dungeons will go and then be rated by other coaches (as per PMCC's interview in Both Down). To be able to rate the dungeon it would seem logical that you can view them and as such know which dungeons are available to be played in. In the same interview it was also revealed that there could be more than just two end zone chambers which, to be fair, has pros and cons for speed and slow teams but at least would partly address the issue that vexes you so as it would mean that there is more than one target for the slow teams to aim for and presumably not all of them would be at the far reaches of this super dungeon you are imagining. However, I would certainly agree that this presents a potentially bigger problem for the slower teams as playing in such an environment would mean they have more areas they need to reach and defend but, from my point of view, would help to get away from bash teams simply tying up one or two key access points (and I say that as someone who played DB a lot as bash lol).

Waldorf

PostWed May 09, 2012 1:08 pm

Darkson wrote:TBH though Ugnash I would have thought you would have been capable of piecing that together for yourself instead of getting facetious.

Hey Darkson - how about you proceed on the basis that we can *always* piece together what you might say and therefore spare us all your future posts? Just askin' ;)

BloodSkull

Re: Questions and Suggestions - Transporters

PostFri May 11, 2012 2:18 pm

These are some technical questions on how the transports will work.

Teleporter Combat uses:

1) If I push an opponent into a teleporter is he instantly teleported or is the move on to the square and teleportation is negated?

2) If knock down an opponent into a teleporter is he instantly teleported or is the move on to the square and teleportation isnegated?

2a) If yes if the player is injured on a knock down does the transportation still happen on a stun? or any injury to cause possible chain reactions?

3) If an opponent is on the teleporter and I use Frenzy on him am I teleported when I move on to the spot? or does Frenzy work as normal negating the transporter?

3a) If Yes to interrupting Frenzy then does it also interrupt Pile On?

Other Technical Questions

1) On a Chain reaction is the unit forced to roll a teleport if they roll the same number are they considered lost? , or does this now force the other unit that took the original place forced to move and make an injury roll?

2) Do units being teleported a second time negate a possible chain reaction depending on the injury roll?, or do all injury rolls take place after all chain reactions are finally settled?
PreviousNext

Return to General Forum