[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
• View topic - A Sad Day

It is currently Tue May 14, 2024 9:11 pm

A Sad Day

THE DUNGEON : The place to share your game experience.
  • Author

Hagar

A Sad Day

PostThu Jul 05, 2012 10:40 pm

My experience was not positive :oops: I start by looking for some type of tutorial but finding none plunge into the game. This probably accounts for the negative experience I had...

Create team based on standard BB teams I have created in the past (First Mistake)
Still looking for a tutorial, I end up getting funneled into a real game ( Second Mistake)
I fumble around but get started. First turn.... WTF how is my opponent getting more People... Transporters?! :roll:
Click all around trying to see where and how to select someone to Transport in (Give up)
Note that I received 70K in inducements yet my opponent has multiple level ups. Everything costs at least 100k (very Frustrating)

My suggestion is a Tutorial or Posted help section Displayed quite prominently otherwise I believe others will be like me and go back to LOL no matter how much we loved the original Blood Bowl.

OwningXylophone

Re: A Sad Day

PostFri Jul 06, 2012 12:16 am

There is a manual included with the game and it explains exactly how to use the reserve teleporter, magic sponge, etc. Even on Steam.

Sargon

PostFri Jul 06, 2012 5:14 am

OwningXylophone wrote:There is a manual included with the game and it explains exactly how to use the reserve teleporter, magic sponge, etc. Even on Steam.

Where is it? All I see are the rules PDF's, which only explain the rules of the game, but not how to do anything. Am I missing something?

Rogue

PostFri Jul 06, 2012 6:04 am

Mine is in C:\Program Files (x86)\Cyanide\Dungeonbowl\Manual\English

I know the Steam path is different, but it should still be there.

Loathian

PostFri Jul 06, 2012 6:32 am

Hi,

There really needs to be a tutorial or a wiki with more details on how to play. I'm an experienced BB player and I'd skimmed the manual. I still missed the part about how to teleport guys in and had to rely on my first opponent explaining it to me.

If any starts a wiki for helping people learn the game, let me know and I'll gladly contribute.

We need more players and need to make is as easy as possible for people to get hooked on BB and DB.

Have fun!

juck101

PostFri Jul 06, 2012 5:23 pm

try chatting online when the game lets you choose someone to play.

Real players can both talk you through a game, and play you whilst explaining whats happening.

Lancaster Matt

PostFri Jul 06, 2012 6:12 pm

I agree that the lack of tutorial or single player mode is a problem.

Perhaps the tutorial should say something like:
"Get on line, play games and ask questions of your opponents and make mistakes - After loosing most of your first 10 games build a new team and start playing seriously".

douglowe

PostFri Jul 06, 2012 6:19 pm

I'm not a great fan of the single player mode - in a game as complex as DB I can't see the AI being any good - but a tutorial showing the key interface features would be very useful I think (either a wiki, or perhaps a series of youtube vids?).

Reed

PostFri Jul 06, 2012 7:39 pm

OwningXylophone wrote:There is a manual included with the game and it explains exactly how to use the reserve teleporter, magic sponge, etc. Even on Steam.

Unfortunately it's missing on Steam. Please see here: viewtopic.php?f=13&t=545

DungeonBowler

PostSat Jul 07, 2012 1:29 am

there is some help here in the video games wiki:
http://orcz.com/Dungeonbowl

it helped me
Next

Return to General Forum