[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
• View topic - "Prison"...the worst official dungeon in the game?

It is currently Mon May 13, 2024 10:52 pm

"Prison"...the worst official dungeon in the game?

THE DUNGEON : The place to share your game experience.
  • Author

Brihaspati

"Prison"...the worst official dungeon in the game?

PostSat Jul 07, 2012 6:12 pm

Hello, chaps. Let me start off by saying that in spite of the odd objection the game is fantastic.

Now, the dungeon that goes by the name of "Prison" and comes with the game is absolute rubbish. The fact that there is only one access to the end zones is very, very poor design. Bashers reign supreme, tedious slogs around the bottlenecks are inevitable, etc. In addition, the fact that the map is not symmetric and that one of those accesses is narrower than the other (three-squares wide, instead of four) firmly places the dungeon into "what were they thinking" territory.

So yeah, please edit "Prison" heavily or scrap it altogether. It sucks.

While we are at it, are there any plans to render the most popular community-created dungeons official in the near future?

Thanks for listening, and keep up the good work. If you take care of this puppy, I'll gladly buy all the DLC stuff that comes down the pike.

Silmael

Re: "Prison"...the worst official dungeon in the game?

PostMon Jul 09, 2012 9:59 am

Hello Brihaspati,

We will check out this issue about prison and we will let you know if we modify it.

About the community dungeons, yes, it is something we offered a while ago. We will make some of the well-rated dungeons official. I do not know when we will start this (the game was only released a month ago) but we already planned to do it in the future :)

Brihaspati

Re: "Prison"...the worst official dungeon in the game?

PostWed Jul 11, 2012 12:01 am

I've seen that "Prison" has been modified (in fact, I've just played a match in there). It's much better now, with two routes to reach each of the end zones and no glaringly unfair asymmetries like before. There's plenty of narrow passageways for the bashers to defend (I'm fairly sure several sections of corridor are now narrower than in the original map), but overall the new layout should guarantee more dynamic, far less predictable matches.

Excellent, folks. Thanks!

Return to General Forum