[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
• View topic - How much would you be willing to pay for a single player DLC

It is currently Thu May 16, 2024 8:23 am

How much would you be willing to pay for a single player DLC

THE DUNGEON : The place to share your game experience.
  • Author

Warfish

How much would you be willing to pay for a single player DLC

PostSun Jul 08, 2012 9:21 am

I thought I would see if anyone else would be willing to pay for a DLC single player pack. Something like the campaign in BB would be great. I would be willing to pay atleast $20 for this (and yes, $20 is more than the game itself cost). I believe I have read here on the forums that single player is not in the cards but I feel that if enough people are willing to buy it as a DLC pack, they might reconsider. Anyone else out there agree?
You don't greet death, you punch it repeatly in the throat as it drags you away. No Fear

Gaixo

Re: How much would you be willing to pay for a single player

PostSun Jul 08, 2012 5:38 pm

They had enough trouble programming BB's AI. With the extra variables in DungeonBowl, they would never put together an AI that could approximate anything resembling sensible play. Cyanide have recognized their limitations in this case.

I would also pay at least $20 if I thought they could pull it off.

Loathian

PostSun Jul 08, 2012 11:53 pm

I wish they would open up the interface so we can write our own single player campaigns and AIs.

I think a heuristics based AI would at least give beginners a good learning environment.

Meltyman

PostMon Jul 09, 2012 1:42 pm

i would not pay for a single player mode, that doesen't belong in this game :)

Coach Jester

PostWed Jul 11, 2012 8:04 am

i would not play single play in this game but i would happily pay $30 (or $40 its a lot of work for an AI for this) for it to help others who want it and hell i would give it a go... even if it was just once

if you find a great group like ironbreakers you dont need AI they are fun and never rude just need to ask others what leagues they are with and why...good people always trump AI ;)

i would pay even more if they fixed the death roller :P :lol:

Darkson

PostWed Jul 11, 2012 12:24 pm

Nothing - they just use the existing AI code and add it to the game. Is the AI great? No, of course it's not (it's pretty $hite actually), but seeing as I don't always have the time to play online (BB or DB or any other game for that matter), a poor AI is better than no AI, plus having a Single Player mode would allow people to practise all those things, like teleporting, sponge etc without having to get beaten in a MP game because you didn't know what you were doing.
I'd love to play Blood Bowl on the PC, but I want a FULL version, not some bugged, incomplete one.

Home of the ARBBL

Reed

PostWed Jul 11, 2012 1:19 pm

Darkson wrote:having a Single Player mode would allow people to practise all those things, like teleporting, sponge etc without having to get beaten in a MP game because you didn't know what you were doing.

If all they wanted to do was practise using those game mechanics they can already do it by playing against themselves in the Hot Seat mode. Of course, single player has other uses also :D

Morgon

PostWed Jul 11, 2012 1:25 pm

Darkson wrote:[...]plus having a Single Player mode would allow people to practise all those things, like teleporting, sponge etc without having to get beaten in a MP game because you didn't know what you were doing.

They can always run a hot seat game in order to test basic mechanic/rules/UI.
Moreover, somebody should say at last: "RtFM" - read the f*** manual ;-) Nowadays people are too lazy to read and without tutorial, they are like kids in the fog ;)

No offence of course, it's just a general observation.

katadder

PostFri Jul 13, 2012 9:36 am

community is so small and niche this needs a single player mode no matter how bad the AI.
i know cyanide has a problem with decent AI but could take bloodbowls "best" one and go from there to at least give us something to do when theres nobody on.
total of 6 people including myself online, 2 are playing, the other 3 are just sitting around. cant wait all day for a game and at least with single player could have a quick game in a campaign.

Morgon

PostFri Jul 13, 2012 10:33 am

Community is very small, I agree. But what expect of the game in beta testing state which implements just a part of orginal DB board game? And sold for maybe not a lot of money, but not very cheap too. Well, even Blood Bowl itself is quite a niche product.

Personally I think, that this game should be just a free addition to full Blood Bowl game instead of being sold as stand alone product. And if (in example) the rest of colleges of magic would be not free DLC/update, it would be just an outrage.

Back to the topic - I think it's better to make community bigger by implementing rest of the DungeonBowl elements, reduce bugs level and advertise this game instead of wasting time and money on hopeless AI.
Next

Return to General Forum