[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
• View topic - Love the game, but..

It is currently Tue May 14, 2024 1:57 pm

Love the game, but..

THE DUNGEON : The place to share your game experience.
  • Author

T-Bone

Love the game, but..

PostTue Jul 10, 2012 1:40 am

Been having a tough time playing the game with a Rainbow team.

A clear strategy against the Rainbow team is to wait them out. There is very little incentive if you have the time, to score. Let them get the ball turtle up defend and let the odds go in your favor. The odds being they will lose a guy and you win on numbers gaining all the money and 2 mvp's.

Please tell me otherwise if this is not the case.

Bucc

Re: Love the game, but..

PostTue Jul 10, 2012 1:49 am

You are right. But wait til other teams get added, right now you face an awful lot of dwarves (and tackle). I do agree with you, and right now a 3+ leap is very much a roll you will have to take during the game - and often more than once. If you fail it and lose hold of the ball, you are pretty much doomed as your opponent will turtle you out.

Coach Jester

PostTue Jul 10, 2012 5:22 am

i have won my fair share with rainbow... usually when i find the ball first ;)

tactics that have worked for me are..

throw to bounce off walls can turn a short pass into a long bomb :D

click blitz and then go into a port for surprise attack (you will be shocked just how often it works)

on set up don't use tree or ogre in you starting 6... let them port in and attack

camp at port with a tree or 2 (the one you port in on) and wait till his guys show up

use hit and run tactics

if you have the ball draw then to you and port in behind them

yes stand firm rocks but don't forget leap for an elf kicks arse ;) (leap over pits to get away, leap into a cage, leap away if surrounded and so on)

remember if you inj/lost in warp his guys and let him try the wait out he (dew to less on the field) will lose the numbers game and you win

also try to have a team of 16 even if some are flings) that way you can u have more for the stall tactic
hope that helps.... well it helps me :lol:

Meltyman

PostTue Jul 10, 2012 8:29 am

double money and 2 mvps.. why you concede ? o_O...

rainbow is the hardest, but it can win games really fast compared to others.

Darkson

PostTue Jul 10, 2012 6:49 pm

Meltyman wrote:double money and 2 mvps.. why you concede ? o_O...

Not conceding - if you "lose" after T28(?) because the other side has more players than you, the game counts it as a concession win - another poor decision/rules balls-up by Cyanide.
I'd love to play Blood Bowl on the PC, but I want a FULL version, not some bugged, incomplete one.

Home of the ARBBL

csbear

PostTue Jul 10, 2012 7:29 pm

Coach Jester,

"click blitz and then go into a port for surprise attack (you will be shocked just how often it works)"
"on set up don't use tree or ogre in you starting 6... let them port in and attack"

I've always wanted to try the first tactic, but thought the player would lose the blitz when going through a teleporter...not sure why. Good to know that's not the case.

At least for me, I found that Treemen with their Stand Firm porting around the dungeon is actually pretty effective. Especially since they have so little MA to begin with, but their mobility, albeit random, obviously improves a bunch. The Tree essentially becomes a great "guard" for teleporters against opponents coming in or out.

..just a noob observation I had.

blade steelhead

PostSat Jul 14, 2012 5:52 pm

push off the pit issue!!

ok here is my problem. most of the time, when a player is being pushed off and "falls into things" he/she is gone for the rest of the game. but sometimes pushed of players can return. i think that happens when the player got ko´d or badly hurt.
the original rules say either a lethal trap (roll a d6 on a 1-5 player is seriously injured on a 6 he is dead) non lethal trap (player just stays out of the game).
i think cyanide implied different rules here, though it says during the loading screen that there are leathel and non lethal traps.
can anybody advice from expirience or even better from knowledge.

another thing: somtimes booby-trapped chests have the mightyblow skill, which is cool.

blade

Coach Jester

PostSat Jul 14, 2012 7:05 pm

blade steelhead wrote:push off the pit issue!!

ok here is my problem. most of the time, when a player is being pushed off and "falls into things" he/she is gone for the rest of the game. but sometimes pushed of players can return. i think that happens when the player got ko´d or badly hurt.
the original rules say either a lethal trap (roll a d6 on a 1-5 player is seriously injured on a 6 he is dead) non lethal trap (player just stays out of the game).
i think cyanide implied different rules here, though it says during the loading screen that there are leathel and non lethal traps.

another thing: somtimes booby-trapped chests have the mightyblow skill, which is cool.

blade

I think the MB is your players own MB and may be a bug

as you cant bring players back after turn 16 even if only KO then i dont mine being able to sponge back a BH or player from a trap, as it is now online and not played for 6 hours in ya garage drinking lots'a piss i understand the change and dont see it as a bad thing
pushed in the pit after 16 and ya out ;)

blade steelhead

PostSun Jul 15, 2012 3:05 pm

nah mb is really applied (u can see it in the log), i think its only shown in the log and over the player, if it actually makes the difference, i.e. beats the amrour by 1 or causes an ko´d or injury or death by 1.

pushed off should be out or the rest of the game.
as it is now, coaches are rewarded for the fact, that their players got bh or ko´d whilst falling into something. does not make sense, that those players can return and the others cannot.

Zergos

PostMon Jul 16, 2012 9:25 pm

Darkson wrote:
Meltyman wrote:double money and 2 mvps.. why you concede ? o_O...

Not conceding - if you "lose" after T28(?) because the other side has more players than you, the game counts it as a concession win - another poor decision/rules balls-up by Cyanide.

It's turn 25. Happened twice to me now, and I lost both times. One of them because 3 of my guys botched their throws and fell into the lava pit when i wanted to throw the ball past the enemy tree into his endzone, where my cathcer waited to score. Was a pain in the backside to get him there. So I actually lost because I tried to play the game, while my enemy simple tried to stall me for as long as possible and got 2 mvp's and all the cash. (don't blame the player, he didn't know it and just tried to make me work for my victory. which was fine. but the fact on it's own is still enraging for me)

blade steelhead wrote:i think cyanide implied different rules here, though it says during the loading screen that there are leathel and non lethal traps.

It seems non lethal ones are those that allow your players to return while lethal ones (lava, hands, water) don't.
Next

Return to General Forum