[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
• View topic - What is the busiest time of day for DB?

It is currently Tue May 14, 2024 10:08 am

What is the busiest time of day for DB?

THE DUNGEON : The place to share your game experience.
  • Author

Stagmummer

What is the busiest time of day for DB?

PostMon Jul 16, 2012 6:27 am

Seriously....has anyone bought this game and playing it? Every time I go on there are like six ppl sitting there takes a minimum 30 minutes before you find someone coherent enough to actually want to play a game wtf?

Reed

Re: What is the busiest time of day for DB?

PostMon Jul 16, 2012 6:33 am

European evening hours seem the busiest. It looks like there are less players from the Americas about. Maybe it's just me, though, as I'm not on so much during peak New World hours :D

Coach Jester

PostMon Jul 16, 2012 6:35 am

i am on lots and can say yes there are times not many on (one time was just me) but there are also times lots are one and i get a game as soon as i have ended the last... hang in there mate... where you from and what times are you on
I'm in Australia

Stagmummer

PostMon Jul 16, 2012 7:13 am

I'm from Canada and generally don't get a chance to play till at least 8 pm or later generaly

Paddywhack

PostTue Jul 17, 2012 7:16 am

Right now I am in the Middle East and since I get on in the evening, that would be the morning/early afternoon for you. Seems like there are more European players at the moment, so it might be more difficult for a little while. Try and get some people to get into where you live - its a pretty cheap investment to give it a go and more players benefit us all :)

There are usually at least a dozen or so people whenever I log in, but Ive still had to wait 15 min or so at times. As we get more teams and more players it should get better. Hang in there!

Reed

PostTue Jul 17, 2012 8:00 am

In my experience it helps to ask in the lobby chat if anyone's interested in playing. That usually rouses someone from the 2-4 idlers in the chat I regularly see. If there are more than 4 coaches not playing, at least one of them probably has already activated matchmaking.

It also helps to get a game quicker if you have several teams at different team values active in matchmaking. The larger the TV difference between the active matchmaking teams of different coaches, the longer it seems to take to match you. I don't know if there's a maximum allowed TV difference in the Dungeonbowl matchmaker. I think it's maybe around 430k in Blood Bowl matchmaking?

csbear

PostTue Jul 17, 2012 6:46 pm

Reed wrote:The larger the TV difference between the active matchmaking teams of different coaches, the longer it seems to take to match you. I don't know if there's a maximum allowed TV difference in the Dungeonbowl matchmaker. I think it's maybe around 430k in Blood Bowl matchmaking?

I'm thinking the same thing.. I wonder if the TV limitations can be relaxed somewhat, so it is easier to get matches? That would encourage more use of Star Players as well (if I'm not mistaken).

Deathwing

PostThu Jul 19, 2012 11:08 pm

I agree - relax the TV limitations.

And maybe allow ranked/unranked teams to play vs each other via the matchmaking system (the only difference being that unranked teams can send/receive challenges).

I've been on at EU evenings and spent 45 minutes sitting in Matchmaking, I could have played a full game of the tabletop version by then. Even a 1000 TV team can spend 15 minutes waiting for a match easily.

The waiting makes people stop playing, so there are less people matchmaking so it takes longer, so people stop playing, etc...

Reed

PostFri Jul 20, 2012 8:23 am

Deathwing wrote:And maybe allow ranked/unranked teams to play vs each other via the matchmaking system.

I fear that's a pretty bad idea. You could misuse that to cripple top ranked teams with no risk to your own. Just kill and maim with no regard for the ball or your team safety. Too much griefing potential.

Why would any ranked player risk their team like that, especially now that CPOMB Chaos is coming? Letting unranked and ranked mix would hurt matchmaking immensely. It's very easy to just roll a new ranked team if you can't get unranked matches.
Even a 1000 TV team can spend 15 minutes waiting for a match easily.

I've had better luck at EU evenings almost every night for a couple of weeks. Usually I've gotten to play a new team almost immediately. I've noticed asking in chat for what you need TV or ranked/unranked-wise also helps quite a bit in getting games going.

Deathwing

PostFri Jul 20, 2012 10:54 am

How would mixing ranked/unranked via MM cripple it? You can build up the strength of a ranked MM team that you don't care about and then use it to cripple top teams without thought for the ball.

The only difference unranked has is the challenge system, i.e. you could potentially challenge a friend or another team of your own so you win, but the unranked team would never become ranked. And a ranked team would always have to MM.

That said you can still manipulate it now, given so few players online. Just make 2 ranked teams and MM same time, almost guaranteed you play yourself and you can help yourself win and gain SP!

The main issue the game faces is not the niceties of the rules and whether ranked should ever face unranked, but the fact that so many players are getting bored of waiting in MM, which de-segregation would help address.
Next

Return to General Forum