[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
• View topic - way BB leagues help get more players into DB

It is currently Tue May 14, 2024 7:23 am

way BB leagues help get more players into DB

THE DUNGEON : The place to share your game experience.
  • Author

Coach Jester

way BB leagues help get more players into DB

PostMon Jul 16, 2012 6:32 am

I got the game on steam and have payed and give others the DB game
I offer a free copy of DB to the winner of my cups in Blood Bowl (they must be on steam to receive it but that way get 2 birds with one stone, but thats me)

Why dont the BB big leagues do the same, you know who you are ;)

yes i pay out of my own pocket but big whoop its only $15
so come on guys and get into the spirit of giving
get more people hooked on Dungeon Bowl so there are more people to clobber :twisted:

oh and the league i am in is Ironbreakers.com
(season has already started though sorry and the next copy of DB will be in the mutant madness cup after August or end of )

Stagmummer

Re: way BB leagues help get more players into DB

PostMon Jul 16, 2012 5:22 pm

That's a really good idea! Good on you man

Gaixo

PostMon Jul 16, 2012 7:21 pm

As much as I would like to have more opponents, it's impossible to present this game to your friends without mentioning its many issues. It was the same thing with Cyanide's Blood Bowl. There were so many issues with bugs and cheats that it ended up getting horrible word of mouth within the real Blood Bowl community.

Stagmummer

PostTue Jul 17, 2012 4:06 am

All the talk of bugs and cheats? I just don't get it maybe I'm just easy to please but I used to find it much harder playin the board game with all the geeky rules lawyers and cats jumpin on tables or annoying siblings or wives having to clean the house...I think cyanide has done a decent job..not perfect but what is? I think some people just like to spend to much time nit picking...but that's just my opinion :)

Gaixo

PostTue Jul 17, 2012 3:53 pm

Well, some of us actually like to be around other human beings. ;)

I'm just trying to tell you that whenever I'm around a gathering of real Blood Bowl players and the computer version comes up, 90% of the conversation is about the game's problems. I'm not sure if you were around when Cyanide's BB launched, but it had many major issues. Maybe these have mostly been fixed, I don't know. My point is, when a game launches with so many problems (in the case of DB it is not so much bugs as unbalanced rosters and content reserved for DLC), it ruins any chance it had of making a good first impression on people.

Return to General Forum