[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
• View topic - Jade and Grey Colleges delayed

It is currently Thu May 16, 2024 7:25 pm

Jade and Grey Colleges delayed

THE DUNGEON : The place to share your game experience.
  • Author

katadder

Re: Jade and Grey Colleges delayed

PostThu Jul 19, 2012 2:57 pm

would think theat they would allow everyone to play on any map or you risk splitting an already small community. I for one would not be buying any environment packs, tbh I am not sure if going to buy team packs as paying $5 for something I already have on my computer and cyanide already has is not something I like to do. its not like its creating any more work for them, just remove a couple of players from folders and put them in another one.

jamesfarrell129

PostThu Jul 19, 2012 3:10 pm

So... the teams - if they ever get released - will be about £6 for 2 - working out at £3 each. With 7 remaining colleges, that ~ £21 for the full set. And that's not taking into account that you keep on mentioning adding new colleges with different races.

Then, on top of that, people are expected to pay even more for "environment" kits, to be able to add more to the dungeon editor, which seems to be something you're really pushing as a big selling point to this game.

Wow... just wow. Looks like I'll be sticking to other Bloodbowl related products after all.

Gaixo

PostThu Jul 19, 2012 3:11 pm

When you bought a game with only three teams, you must have known that the low price point was based upon paying extra for "future" content.

I think the price for the teams is fair enough. I think it's a mistake to charge for the dungeon packs, though. Cyanide is essentially charging people for the tools they will use to create content for them. If someone wants to spend their time keeping the game fresh and creating new dungeons, why not give them all the help you can?

katadder

PostThu Jul 19, 2012 3:29 pm

well essentially i bought the game at the same price as I paid for BB:LE and in that I got 20 full teams, plus and AI. so expecting a full game when cyanide dont have to make any new models for teams is not too much to ask.

the models are already in BB, cyanide has them, the remaining 7 teams should be 1 DLC for $5. this i would buy.

Reed

PostThu Jul 19, 2012 4:19 pm

The first version of Blood Bowl cost 50 euros when it was first released in 2009 - with eight races. The other releases each cost more than Dungeonbowl (and added new races). Compared to that, this DLC way of pricing seems pretty cheap to me.

Also, if I'll be playing Dungeonbowl as much as I've played Blood Bowl (hundreds of hours over many years) I really don't have the heart to complain about prices. Cents per hour is almost free entertainment. It's hard to find cheaper pastimes (not counting the price of a PC and Internet) :D

douglowe

PostThu Jul 19, 2012 4:38 pm

I agree with Reed & Gaixo - the prices quoted for the DLC are reasonable. Not everyone will want to buy every team, nor every environment kit - cyanide have already said that we'll be able to continue playing games with people who don't have all the same DLC as ourselves, so I really don't see what the problem is with this business model when the costs don't look like they'll be much more for the whole lot than a full priced game would be.

katadder

PostThu Jul 19, 2012 4:42 pm

the 1st version of BB cost me 25 pounds. legendary edition cost me 15 (it was discounted within 1 week of release) and had 20 teams compared to the original 8, so at least they had done work on 12 more teams so that was fine. also these included AI so you could run your own leagues in the home. even if the AI wasnt very good at least you could play without relying on the tiny community that may actually be online for DB.

the fact is they dont have to do any work on the teams. they are direct copies of models and rules etc from BB. they are probably sitting in a big folder on a cyanide computer and are just cut/pasted accross. they are certainly not worth $5 for 2 teams when no new work at all is going into them.

if i was to buy all the teams I would end up paying twice the cost of LE for half the teams and no AI. so $5 for 7 teams is not bad when no work at all is required to make them. they still make money off someone doing 30 seconds of their working day.

Morgon

PostThu Jul 19, 2012 4:58 pm

I wonder if next Cyanide product would contain only splash screen and menu for 15 pounds. And DLC would be required to base play. Funny times we live...
But ok. Its not my circus. Everyone happy about prices and product quality - I wish you good play with only 20 or less people online. Because I doubt you get more.

Brihaspati

PostThu Jul 19, 2012 5:14 pm

I think it has been stated (IIRC, in a review in a French online magazine which was posted in the French forums and google-translated here) that dungeons created with the new environment kits will be compatible with non-upgraded versions of the game...I guess the coach that hasn't purchased the DLC will see old props instead of the new ones. Presumably, features (such as the hinted-at and much-awaited wandering monsters) that haven't purchased by either one of the two coaches will be disabled for a given match.

jamesfarrell129

PostThu Jul 19, 2012 5:23 pm

Gaixo wrote:When you bought a game with only three teams, you must have known that the low price point was based upon paying extra for "future" content.

Actually, I didn't buy the game, when I saw the DLC model mentioned. I've kept an eye out in case they decided to change their minds, or at least have a vaguely sensible pricing structure. This is just the icing on the Not Being Bought cake...
PreviousNext

Return to General Forum