[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
• View topic - Jade and Grey Colleges delayed

It is currently Tue May 14, 2024 8:33 pm

Jade and Grey Colleges delayed

THE DUNGEON : The place to share your game experience.
  • Author

Reed

Re: Jade and Grey Colleges delayed

PostWed Jul 18, 2012 6:58 am

Coach Jester wrote:Now they want me to give credit card details to them.

No, they don't, actually. You can pay with PayPal. Cyanide will get nowhere near your credit card details. I used PayPal to buy the game from them. That takes out the issue of Cyanide security. As for the money back, you can dispute a PayPal payment within 45 days of making your payment if Cyanide has not resolved an issue you have with your purchase. That takes out the issue of refunds.

Do you use PayPal? I have used it for I don't know, five years? I've made hundreds of deals through PayPal and never had a hitch. In fact, using PayPal once saved me 400 euros when someone turned out to be a rip-off artist. I disputed the payment and got my money back the same day, no trouble. Without PayPal, I would have been out of luck.

By the way, Valve have been hacked more often than PayPal or Cyanide and have also erroneously locked people out of their accounts with no warning or often even recourse, instantly losing them hundreds or thousands of dollars invested in Steam games. Choosing to trust Steam over others is just another act of faith.

Silmael

PostWed Jul 18, 2012 10:35 am

Ok so about the Steam question, once again, we did not plan to put our DLCs on Steam.

As for the security questions, I can understand your reasons, the current shop is hosted by Gameplanet which is also a big website and has not got so many issues. Most publishers use its online shops too :)

About the frequency of the DLC, right now we are planning to deliver at least one DLC every month.

katadder

PostWed Jul 18, 2012 10:37 am

so maybe get all the teams by the end of the year, even though you already have all the data and models for them?
crazy, especially when you consider how small the community is already.
any idea on price of these DLC?
Last edited by katadder on Wed Jul 18, 2012 12:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Coach Jester

PostWed Jul 18, 2012 12:25 pm

and will there be more kits for map making

would love to see
2 fans punching on
1 fan drinking and falling over
a DB player that has exploded (bit of arm and leg)
a fan ducking for cover / hiding behind something barrel maybe

blood stains
puddles of water

grass / astro turf floor set

douglowe

PostWed Jul 18, 2012 12:39 pm

katadder wrote:any idea on price of these DLC?

+1 - how much with the team DLC's be (and will the two teams be in individual DLC's, or one combined DLC)?

Jolly Roger

PostWed Jul 18, 2012 5:31 pm

The two colleges will be combinated in one pack, and it will be around 5/6 $.

Reed

PostWed Jul 18, 2012 5:51 pm

Thanks for the info! Will there be any new environment stuff in the first DLC?

csbear

PostWed Jul 18, 2012 9:39 pm

Thanks Silmael, Jolly for answering our questions and continuing to work on additions/improvements to the game.

Yes, every customer has their own satisfaction level of what constitutes a "good" PC game. This forum needs its avid supporters to reveal an eager fan base craving more, but we also need its staunch critics to push the game to its potential. I can hopefully say for all the regulars online, Dungeonbowl has been very fun to play so far.

Jolly Roger

PostThu Jul 19, 2012 2:47 pm

@Reed: No, some new environement kits are planned but they will be sold separatly (at about 4/5$). They will contain a lot of new elements for those who want to enhance their experience of the dungeon editor.
The first one should be available in August!

Reed

PostThu Jul 19, 2012 2:52 pm

Ok, great, thanks!

How will the new kits work with players who haven't bought them?

Will there be maps with the new environments in use in official matchmaking? What happens if a player who has not bought that pack is matched to play on such a map? Or is it so that you will not be matched to a map you don't have the environment pack for? Or some other solution?
PreviousNext

Return to General Forum