[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
• View topic - Steam "advertise your game" and their response

It is currently Wed May 15, 2024 6:00 pm

Steam "advertise your game" and their response

THE DUNGEON : The place to share your game experience.
  • Author

Deathwing

Steam "advertise your game" and their response

PostThu Jul 19, 2012 10:36 pm

Dungeonbowl could do with more players, better advertising, mixing ranked/unranked for matchmaking, or just improving matchmaking generally so it doesn't take 45 minutes to start a game. So I sent some suggestions to Steam. Their typically helpful response? See below:

========= Please enter your reply ABOVE this line =========

Hello,

A staff member has replied to your question:

Hello XXX,

Thank you for contacting Steam Support.

Please check to make sure your game files are installed correctly.

Right-click on the game in your Library list and go to Properties > Local Files > Verify Integrity of Game Cache.

After Steam verifies the game cache, try running the game again.

If you continue to experience this issue, please contact the game manufacturer for support.

Please follow the link below for instructions to contact the support provider for this title:

Title: Dungeonbowl
Link: http://support.steampowered.com/kb_arti ... -SFKC-4511

Let us know if you encounter any difficulty contacting the support provider for this title, or if you have any further questions.

Morgon

Re: Steam "advertise your game" and their response

PostThu Jul 19, 2012 10:49 pm

Funny :lol:
But, honestly, what did you expect? Steam is not interested in talks about any game in their store, especially so small one. This is a platform to make money and to eliminate second hand game trade/piracy. Their prices are laughable with comparison to normal store prices. Talking that games would be cheaper because of electronical distribution and lower cost is a bull****.

Reed

PostFri Jul 20, 2012 8:15 am

Morgon wrote:Their prices are laughable with comparison to normal store prices. Talking that games would be cheaper because of electronical distribution and lower cost is a bull****.

Do you really think the height of the Steam Summer Sale is the time for claims like that? I think you just blocked a blodger Death Roller with a snotling.

Deathwing

PostFri Jul 20, 2012 8:00 pm

So I replied back with "haha!" and this followed:

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Thursday, July 19, 2012 1:48 PM
To: Merlin
Subject: RE: Dungeonbowl lacks players - [3362-YCVN-0363] [07a305d2
4 Message by Support Tech Arnold on Fri, 20th Jul 2012 1:35 am
Hello Merlin,

If you have any further questions or comments, please let us know.

------------------------------
5 Message by you on Fri, 20th Jul 2012 9:58 am
Did you go to school?

Thraxwhirl

PostSun Jul 22, 2012 5:54 am

I currently don't own DB. The reason for that is that there's no single-player mode, and I'm only going to buy it if/when one is added in.

But as someone who doesn't own it, I therefore want to ask, is STEAM the only way to acquire it?

If so, then I won't be buying it even if AI DOES get written into it.

Reed

PostSun Jul 22, 2012 8:00 am

No. Steam isn't the only way to buy Dungeonbowl. You can get it from the game's own web shop here:
http://store.cyanide-studio.com/dungeonbowl/

juck101

PostSun Jul 22, 2012 6:13 pm

We can promote this by using forums, and good old word of mouth :)

Maybe im being naive but this is a community player to player game, and WE can build the community. I don't have all the answers but we might be able to do some of this work ourselves.

Thraxwhirl

PostTue Jul 24, 2012 7:46 pm

Reed wrote:No. Steam isn't the only way to buy Dungeonbowl. You can get it from the game's own web shop here:
http://store.cyanide-studio.com/dungeonbowl/

Well that at least is something on the plus side. I despise STEAM utterly, and have no desire to let it violate my PC.

But until Cyanide see fit to introduce a single player mode, I still won't be buying DB. I simply couldn't commit to two-player games and guarantee my opponent that I won't have to break off mid-game. And it would be extremely selfish and irresponsible to mess other players around like that.

It's PLAUSABLE that other BB players who have work, family commitments, health considerations or other valid reasons for an unpredictable life might also be feeling the same way...? Maybe? And perhaps such other folks would gladly try out DB if it could be played offline versus an AI(even a poor one)?

Who knows, but I certainly oculdn't afford(and I DON'T mean financially) to play DB unless it's single-player. :(

Return to General Forum