[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
• View topic - MM TV 1000, 20 minutes now

It is currently Tue May 14, 2024 8:57 am

MM TV 1000, 20 minutes now

THE DUNGEON : The place to share your game experience.
  • Author

Reed

Re: MM TV 1000, 20 minutes now

PostSat Jul 21, 2012 6:36 am

I don't think so. I'm in Europe and I often see players from America and Australia on the appropriate hours. Also, no one else has mentioned such behaviour. You'd think someone would have noticed that pretty soon when their international friends were nowhere to be seen. It's a cross-Atlantic and -Pacific community.

Turn-based games are not so sensitive to lag. There's no readily apparent reason to split the community on a geographical basis.

katadder

PostSat Jul 21, 2012 11:18 am

i dont complain about it but will see how many are online not playing, wait 5-10 mins in MM then if no games leave

Bayernkini

PostSat Jul 21, 2012 3:45 pm

I can only speak in my behalf, why i don´t like the game and play it less so far:
1. Online: I absolute hate the 2min time limit.
CYANIDE, why is it not possible, to offer more timelimits, at least 4min turns AND also the option to play without any timelimit, if the opponent agree. Whats the problem to do this?
(Same reason for me in the standard BB game)

2. Offline/LAN: Additional to the time limit also, i want the option, to create customizing teams and skills, similar the standard BB game, to exercise different setups/skills.

So i believe, there are a lot of other reasons too (if i reading through all threads in the forum), why only less players are online.

katadder

PostSat Jul 21, 2012 3:54 pm

time limit is fine, stops people stalling. normally i have my turn finished in 1 min, sometimes go to 1:30.
not many people i play go over either, just the occasional once or twice in a whole game.

douglowe

PostSat Jul 21, 2012 5:55 pm

Same here - I like the 2minute turn as it adds to the frantic feeling of the game.

juck101

PostSun Jul 22, 2012 6:08 pm

I have played at least one guy from the US.

I think before this week a few people were on most days. In waiting to get the two extra teams I have not logged in until they appear as that will be a good laugh. Im keen to play but only about once a week. I expect mon-thursday Euro time in the evening is the best time to hook up for games with people.

In general I think the player base is fairly small and we might actually need to organise something to get people on a similar times. For the more dedicated a league might actully be a good idea as we can challenge anyone. MM is fine but clearly if people are 'partnered' with a mate then the more random mm players do have more wait time than is ideal.

I guess it depends on the community keeping this going at the moment. A few posts on the forum seam to dislike some of the teams, but I think this is inevitable with mixed races. Clearly one or two lists will be dominant and thus the variety wont be between races, but more maps and tactics.

Gaixo

PostSun Jul 22, 2012 6:11 pm

Matchmaking is definitely not segregated. I'm in the U.S. and have played more Europeans than otherwise.
Previous

Return to General Forum