[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
• View topic - Think I'm done.

It is currently Wed May 15, 2024 1:36 am

Think I'm done.

THE DUNGEON : The place to share your game experience.
  • Author

koadah

Re: Think I'm done.

PostWed Jul 25, 2012 9:08 pm

Coach Jester wrote:and you would want the same 5yo AI that is in BB? wont know how to port or any other DB tactics... it cant even do BB tactics half the time

The chance to just muck around for just 15-20 mins then quit is actually a selling point.

Some of the people who come in for single player will eventually go on-line.

As things stand people assume that multiplayer will eventually die out making the game only useful for lan play with friends.

Even a truly woeful AI is better than none for me.

sandmanccl

PostFri Jul 27, 2012 11:59 pm

A-r-c-h-o-n wrote:I cant see grey beeing a top team in DB (beside from bringing the attrition up).

Why wouldn't they?

Access to humans = blitzers, meaning their biggest weakness is immediately addressed in lack of characters with block. Beastmen are better than any linemen of any other race due to horns + mutations. Chaos Warriors are easily the most adapatable 4str characters in the game because 5 movement (as opposed to 4), 3 agility (as opposed to 2) and again mutation access.

If it wasn't for deathrollers, they'd be the bashiest of the bash.

Brihaspati

PostSat Jul 28, 2012 11:35 am

As Archon and others (that would be me) are predicting, the impact of claw in DB is not going to be quite as big as in standard BB. Most of the time, KOs in DB simply mean the KOd guy will be back after a few turns. The constant influx of players into the dungeons means that you don't have to wait till the end of a drive to put your bench to good use. Just as importantly, the most reliable way to get the weight of numbers on your side is to dump the opposition into holes. The skills that are helpful in that regard have nothing to do with the unholy CPOMB combo.

Get over your traumatic experiences on the regular BB pitch, chaps :lol:

Coach Jester

PostSun Jul 29, 2012 3:22 am

koadah wrote:
Coach Jester wrote:and you would want the same 5yo AI that is in BB? wont know how to port or any other DB tactics... it cant even do BB tactics half the time

The chance to just muck around for just 15-20 mins then quit is actually a selling point.

Some of the people who come in for single player will eventually go on-line.

As things stand people assume that multiplayer will eventually die out making the game only useful for lan play with friends.

Even a truly woeful AI is better than none for me.

very good point
Even a truly woeful AI is better than none for me

+1 :D

TheBrute

PostSun Jul 29, 2012 10:45 am

While it sucks that we cannot (yet) name our players, I'm not seeing any good reason for all this rampant negativity.

No SP has actually been useful in spurring me on to play online more regularly, and I'm having a lot of fun.

If you stop looking at this game as "Blood Bowl 2 In A Dungeon" and start looking at it as a fun diversion from BB that has a different feel, it's much more enjoyable.

Personally, I'm finding DB actually feels a bit more dynamic than BB in that you can always make a comeback, even if your injury rolls have sucked. In BB, if your team gets trashed early on thanks to Nuffle, that's usually the end of it. The placement of teles and pits means that you're always in a position to get rid of a member of of the opposition if you play smartly - or tele into the ball at a moment's notice.

Additionally, the need for only 1 TD means that I find I can play this game in about 30 minutes, which is an attractive proposition when I don't have much free time.

Brihaspati

PostSun Jul 29, 2012 3:50 pm

TheBrute wrote:While it sucks that we cannot (yet) name our players, I'm not seeing any good reason for all this rampant negativity.

Negativity, like virtue, is its own reward. Get with the program already.

koadah

PostSun Jul 29, 2012 9:40 pm

TheBrute wrote:While it sucks that we cannot (yet) name our players, I'm not seeing any good reason for all this rampant negativity.

We've seen these clowns ruin a potentially good game/franchise before.

BB could do with some fixes too.

Imploded

PostWed Aug 08, 2012 6:48 pm

Releasing these small DLC parts is a 2-edged sword. It allows Cyanide to earn more money, but on the other hand it allows customers to ignore DLCs until a certain condition is met. For example, I've decided that I won't be buying any DLCs until Break Tackle is fixed.

DeToX86

PostWed Aug 08, 2012 7:06 pm

Unfortunately, I think your $ is safe for a lllooonnnggg time. :(

Gaixo

PostFri Aug 17, 2012 6:58 pm

It's getting pretty rough out there. Servers seem to be growing more sparse all the time, and you tend to get the same opponents time and again. And because they made Bright and Light two of the "free" teams, there are still a LOT of Deathrollers rolling around.
PreviousNext

Return to General Forum