[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
• View topic - Jade College - Broken Trolls...

It is currently Wed May 15, 2024 12:34 pm

Jade College - Broken Trolls...

THE DUNGEON : The place to share your game experience.
  • Author

OwningXylophone

Jade College - Broken Trolls...

PostThu Jul 26, 2012 8:29 pm

The 0-2 Trolls from the tertiary Troll race roster in the Jade College count as the 0-2 Trolls from the primary Goblin roster also... I assume this is a bug? Otherwise why even bother putting a tertiary race in for them :?: This means you can only have 3 Trolls, 1 from the Orc Roster and 2 from the Goblin/Troll roster...

Plus I assumed that the Trolls from the 'Troll' race would not have Loner, so they didn't count against the limit, but they do... So all it saves you is 2 slots from you 0-16 Goblins (well not even that thanks to the above), which of course is never going to be a problem as you can only have 16 players!

Reed

Re: Jade College - Broken Trolls...

PostThu Jul 26, 2012 8:53 pm

Actually you can only have two trolls bought from whatever race. I just tried this and there is no way to have three.

Having trolls as the third race is totally pointless. If the troll race trolls were not Loner, they would at least be of some use.

katadder

PostThu Jul 26, 2012 8:59 pm

this is how they should be. same for minotaur race and treeman race when those teams come out, or whats the point in 3 races? some colleges just basically dont get a 3rd race

Horiuk666

PostFri Jul 27, 2012 8:16 am

@ Reed : my team have three troll ;)

i cant put a screenshot of my team now ...cause i am at work... but it's possible to buy 3 !!!

Reed

PostFri Jul 27, 2012 8:34 am

Horiuk666 wrote:i cant put a screenshot of my team now ...cause i am at work... but it's possible to buy 3 !!!

What's the team name? Is it a ranked team / what rank does it have or alternatively what's its win-loss ratio? We could find it in the rankings list with that information. Did you buy the third troll at team creation or later?

I tried different combinations of buying the trolls from different races at team creation and it seemed there was no combination that would allow buying three trolls. Maybe the "only two loners" rule is checked only at team creation and not when you are buying more players later? Does anyone else have experience with this? I'm not going to test that, I don't want three Loner & Really stupid players in any of my teams :D

Reed

PostFri Jul 27, 2012 8:47 am

I found your team Toutirikiki from the Matches played list (currently on page 9/400, you played against Darwater's SoulStroyers).

I can see you bought all three trolls at team creation, two from the goblins and one from the orcs. I'll try this again.

I'm attaching a screenshot of your team roster.
Attachments
Three_trolls_small.jpg
Three_trolls_small.jpg (103.91 KiB) Viewed 12403 times

Darkson

PostFri Jul 27, 2012 8:51 am

OwningXylophone wrote:The 0-2 Trolls from the tertiary Troll race roster in the Jade College count as the 0-2 Trolls from the primary Goblin roster also... I assume this is a bug? Otherwise why even bother putting a tertiary race in for them :?: This means you can only have 3 Trolls, 1 from the Orc Roster and 2 from the Goblin/Troll roster...

As mentioned the day they started the "Introducing..." thread: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=596

Surprise, surprise, no-one from Cyanide has commented on it there either.
I'd love to play Blood Bowl on the PC, but I want a FULL version, not some bugged, incomplete one.

Home of the ARBBL

katadder

PostFri Jul 27, 2012 9:00 am

well 3 trolls shouldnt be possible at the moment as you are supposed to have a max 2 players with loner. so cyanide can break some rules but not others

Reed

PostFri Jul 27, 2012 9:06 am

Ok, it's a bug. The way to buy three trolls is this: Buy two trolls from either the goblins or the trolls (buying from one increases the count in the other race's troll counter also) and then buy the third one from the orcs. The orc troll does not increase the troll counter of the other races.

You need to buy the orc troll by double-clicking the troll line in the orc players purchase screen and then click the "Buy a player" button on the 3D troll view screen. It seems the loner limit is not checked when you press this button. The limit does prevent you from buying a third loner if you click the coins on the left or the "Buy" button on a race player purchase screen but not here.

I'm attaching a screenshot showing how the troll counter behaves. All three players in the team are trolls.

Cyanide, this bug likely allows circumventing the "only two loners" rule on all other colleges also where the race mix makes it possible to buy more than two. You might want to fix this.
Attachments
Orc_troll_small.jpg
Orc_troll_small.jpg (85.99 KiB) Viewed 12398 times

Horiuk666

PostFri Jul 27, 2012 9:27 am

@reed : it's very ...very difficult to play with trolls... and more difficult with three... ;)

in defense may be playable !!! ;)
Next

Return to General Forum