[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
• View topic - How can I report a cheater?

It is currently Tue May 14, 2024 9:46 am

How can I report a cheater?

THE DUNGEON : The place to share your game experience.
  • Author

Albert00

How can I report a cheater?

PostThu Aug 02, 2012 4:48 pm

Hello, firstly sorry for me bad English. Today , few minutes ago, the user HORIUK cheat me pick in Menu button more than 100 times continously, when i have 8 guys in field and he only have 1 with a Jade team. Finally the game froze, and now continues so, i go to close DB window and maybe the game give me a lost. I copy a screenshot with the last situation. I hope that this kind of riffraff will be banned.

Thanks

Silmael

Re: How can I report a cheater?

PostThu Aug 02, 2012 4:57 pm

Hello,

I just received a private message from this user noticing me about this bug. I think he was just checking. Although I wish he would have done so in a LAN match or in hotseat, it is still useful for us to know about such a bug.

Since he just sent me a MP, we will not take any measure this time. From now on, it that happens again, please report it, and we will take action.

I taking advantage of this topic to say that, if you want find a bug and want to reproduce it, please do it in local or hotseat, or, at least, warn you opponent before trying to do so.

Horiuk666

PostThu Aug 02, 2012 5:21 pm

is it more fair to wipe all the team to take double money et mvp !!? not for me...

i am just trying to boring u by let the clock running as more as possible.

i ve decided to stop playing DB because of all the bugs possible in the game...

it's not the first time i report a bug ... but the last because anything is done to enjoy this game

If the problem of double jdm and money didn't existed ...such thing didn't happend !!!

DB ...it's not dungeon bowl but dungeon Bug !!!

by the way Albert, i ve played u one time and u called me dumbass... and so on... not a polite player this Albert00

Bucc

PostThu Aug 02, 2012 5:45 pm

He was just checking?
ahahahahahahaha haha hahaha oh please, make it stop... hahaha haha

must be fun to be so naive. you think there could be a connection between being called out on a forum and him suddenly sending that pm Silmael? or that he decides to start 'checking' when he is losing clearly? you have to have zero-tolerance towards cheating or it goes bonanza. at left a warning would have been in place together with a team wipe. Horiuk you can't really blame someone for playing by the rules, no matter how boring - and i agree that playing on winning on numbers is boring. the problems lies with the rules though

Horiuk666

PostThu Aug 02, 2012 5:51 pm

oh come on... u think i was sure that would bug the game??? come on !!!

i know who i am... i am not a cheater... it's just boring to waste time against people who just wipe out the team to win double mvp and money...

this game is so bugged...

it's too boring for me...

by the way, i don't care about ur opinion on me !!! ;)

Bucc

PostThu Aug 02, 2012 5:57 pm

you will survive a warning and a team-ban ;) The game freezing is part if the problem. you spamming the menu button is the crime

Oh, and I don't care if you don't care :D I hope Cyanide cares though

Evilstein

PostThu Aug 02, 2012 6:22 pm

Cares about what ?

The fact that a player doesn't score and preferes to whipe all the team ?

Dungeon Bowl is unplayable right now.

douglowe

PostThu Aug 02, 2012 6:45 pm

Evilstein wrote:Cares about what ?

The fact that a player doesn't score and preferes to whipe all the team ?

Dungeon Bowl is unplayable right now.

I agree with Evilstein - we need to get rid of the motivation for coaches to run down the timer in an attempt to get a default win by the other coach's last players being teleported out. A rule penalizing coaches who don't score or even try to move the ball towards their opponents end zone when they *significantly* outnumber their opponent would be very welcome.

Brihaspati

PostThu Aug 02, 2012 7:37 pm

I'm playing something like 10 to 15 games per week right now (my in-game alias at the moment is "Briareos", BTW; subject to change) and I can happily report that the game is not unplayable :lol:

The bizarre arrangement (I wouldn't call it "rule", and I wouldn't call it "bug" either because it seems deliberate) implemented by Cyanide with automatic concessions on pitch clearances should be changed.

It's a matter of basic common sense, devs. There should be no such thing as a concession imposed automatically by the program. That opens the door to abuse.

While we are at it, a match that reaches a pre-determined number of turns (24, say) without a score should be declared a 0-0 draw. The whole business with players that start vanishing and whatnot is, again, clumsy and a tad bizarre.

All fine and dandy, but...

That's no excuse to behave like a *ç%&.

We all have wretched games. Games in which nothing goes right in spite of not doing much wrong. Games in which the opponent pounds our team into the dirt. Games in which the opponent ignores the ball and pounds our team into the dirt some more. Games that are just no fun. "Lame duck" endgame scenarios are common, both in BB and DB. They would still occur, even without Cyanide's bizarre arrangements.

That's what concessions are for.

Contrary to the macho posturing that is so prevalent in our community, there's no shame in conceding a match that is going nowhere. Just do it properly, don't disconnect. And above all, don't throw a tantrum and start griefing your opponent. Even when he is taking his sweet time to pound you into the dirt. Even when he's trying to "steal" your precious MVP.

Digression: at this point, a mention of the need to implement the "any players with 51 SPPs or more will leave the team on a roll of 1-3 on a D6 if you concede" rule would be right on cue. OK, why not. Lots of luck with that.

Bucc

PostThu Aug 02, 2012 7:37 pm

Get rid of motivation for winning on number of players? - surely not by spamming the menu button. it was a cheat used in regular BB too back in the day, before it was changed to only being able to hit it your own turn. spam hitting it has no gameplay purpose. i want Cyanide to care about people exploiting or cheating that way. Bioware bans 1.000 of players at a time
A simple warning here would be in place.

the problem with winning on numbers is a problem i agree. but more so with the rules than on cyanides part. i think cyanide should get rid of the double mvp + winnings though. a bad bad rule. simply award one TD at random, and let the loser keep his mvp and winninngs

i like your post Bri. Though i kind of like the lategame with players warping out. Sometimes it opens up the game and creates new options. it keeps you on your toes (can you even say that in English?).

but let us all face it. DB has some flaws in its inner core game mechanics - at least if looking upon it from a balanceperspective. It is bad design that opening chests without ball causes av roll as well, making it often favorable to let your opponent open the first lot of chests. better designed maps, and i think ee would see less playing on having your opponent leaving the pitch
Next

Return to General Forum