[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
• View topic - How can I report a cheater?

It is currently Mon May 13, 2024 11:00 pm

How can I report a cheater?

THE DUNGEON : The place to share your game experience.
  • Author

BloodSkull

Re: How can I report a cheater?

PostThu Aug 02, 2012 10:33 pm

Brihaspati wrote:
We all have wretched games. Games in which nothing goes right in spite of not doing much wrong. Games in which the opponent pounds our team into the dirt. Games in which the opponent ignores the ball and pounds our team into the dirt some more. Games that are just no fun. "Lame duck" endgame scenarios are common, both in BB and DB. They would still occur, even without Cyanide's bizarre arrangements.

That's what concessions are for.

Contrary to the macho posturing that is so prevalent in our community, there's no shame in conceding a match that is going nowhere. Just do it properly, don't disconnect. And above all, don't throw a tantrum and start griefing your opponent. Even when he is taking his sweet time to pound you into the dirt. Even when he's trying to "steal" your precious MVP.

Digression: at this point, a mention of the need to implement the "any players with 51 SPPs or more will leave the team on a roll of 1-3 on a D6 if you concede" rule would be right on cue. OK, why not. Lots of luck with that.

That's completely Bull S*** and everyone knows it. Of course in BB your going to have bashy teams smack you around in the dirt it's the great chaos play book. Of course your going to have "Lame Games" where crap goes completely wrong. What is fundamentally wrong here is that after a player can win the numbers game and runs you out of players. Is basically garbage no matter how you wanna defend it.

In BB I can run you out of players during the match, so your are not able to line up more than 2 players on the LoS. The game is conceded by the one coach, but both coaches get their money, SPPs, and keep their 51 SPPs with out the rolls. It's stated fairly like that in the game rules. Here you just have mangled crap where you are playing the game to the bitter end and getting nothing for it. The way it is implemented now is that coaches have no incentive to win the game when they are winning the numbers game. It is stealing even if every ones doing it. It's poor game mechanics the person wining the numbers game should win with one random TD as mentioned before because the game was played not dropped. Even though you can equally cheat players it doesn't mean the rule as it stands isn't complete and utter Bull S***.

As for not dropping the game, if the whole game gets blanked by dropping, if your going to lose legitimately then yes it's bad form to pull that crap. When you are getting cheated by actually playing the game I can see yanking on the cord when your getting cheated. It's a tit for tat reaction. If I'm getting my ass handed to me for the possible 39-40 rounds while I get my money and MVP fine it's fair game tactics, because it does happen in BB the major difference is I'm not getting the shaft at the end of the game either.

Brihaspati

PostThu Aug 02, 2012 11:02 pm

No offence, but from your posting history it would appear that you are a bit of an excitable chap. Which is OK, as long as it doesn't keep you from reading what other folks are posting :lol:

Who's saying that the allocation of auto-wins by Cyanide is OK? Not me, certainly, and not anybody else in the thread that I know of. I even write: "There should be no such thing as a concession imposed automatically by the program. That opens the door to abuse."**

Who's saying that conceding in situations like the one we're considering is bad form? Not me. I have nothing against conceding when I feel the game has moved into BS territory. I say that in the previous post and everything.

What I was calling "acting like a ç%&/" is what the OP describes: bringing up the menu an alleged 100+ times, continuously. That's childish behaviour that no amount of cynical powergaming on one's opponent's part can justify, sorry. In addition, if you bring up the menu an alleged 100+ times and don't have the basic honesty to admit that, yes, you did get a little childish, but instead pretend that you were "checking a bug", then you deserve no sympathy, no matter how crappy Cyanide's automatic concessions happen to be.

I hope we're clear now.

**: (Perhaps this statement should have been worded with an extra dollop of righteous fury, but I've played in excess of 100 DB matches and I've only been confronted with this kind of situation twice. Not enough for me to summon the requisite zeal :lol:)

Reed

PostThu Aug 02, 2012 11:17 pm

Brihaspati, I'd just like to say I really like your attitude and the way you express yourself here. Keep up the good book! No, that's not it...

Brihaspati

PostThu Aug 02, 2012 11:41 pm

It guess that when I wrote "That's what concessions are for" BloodSkull thought "this guy is saying that Cyanide's crappy, arbitrarily allocated concessions/auto-wins make sense and have a role to fulfil", when what I was really trying to say was: "by all means, when the game is making you feel miserable feel free to walk away, just don't do something rude like bringing up the menu 100 times."

I will freely admit to the heinous crime of having made a slightly vague statement.

Bucc

PostThu Aug 02, 2012 11:46 pm

Your previous post is spot on Bri.

Reed

PostFri Aug 03, 2012 5:58 am

Brihaspati, just to be absolutely clear, I was being entirely serious in my previous post. I'm not sure if you read it as sarcasm. I really do like your style. My feeble attempt at humour might've led to mixed messages, pardon. If this happened, please just ignore the book stuff in the post.

BloodSkull

PostFri Aug 03, 2012 6:14 am

I guess I'm guilty of the crime of miss reading the second half of your post :oops: sorry.

I didn't think my posts were to excitable, but I guess they may come off more excitable than they probably are. If they are found to be excitable I guess that the disappointment and frustration with the current and future implementations myself and my friends are popping up in forums. If that's true I apologize.

Brihaspati

PostFri Aug 03, 2012 7:43 am

@Bloodskull: It's all right, mate. No need to apologise. Clarifying the situation is all that's needed.

@Reed: No need to worry, either. I just didn't reply to your kind (all too kind) post out of a sense of false modesty.

Jolly Roger

PostFri Aug 03, 2012 3:20 pm

Hi,

The problem with the Menu Button will be fixed on next Thursday when we'll release the kit for the dungeon editor.

It will be possible to activate the pause only during your own round. The first pause will be instantaneous but not the next ones. ;)

Bucc

PostFri Aug 03, 2012 3:37 pm

Good to hear Jolly. Good fast reaction
PreviousNext

Return to General Forum