[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
• View topic - Suggestion: audio cue for matchmaking

It is currently Tue May 14, 2024 8:28 pm

Suggestion: audio cue for matchmaking

THE DUNGEON : The place to share your game experience.
  • Author

Gaixo

Suggestion: audio cue for matchmaking

PostSat Aug 04, 2012 9:26 pm

As the title says, I think it would be a good idea to add a bell or something that sounds when matchmaking has been accomplished. While waiting for an opponent to be found, I often tab out of the program to look at something else, and then return to find that I have kept my opponent waiting (at best) or missed my opportunity to buy inducements (at worst). I doubt that I am alone in this. Would it be very difficult to add a relatively loud signal that matchmaking has been accomplished?

Rogue

Re: Suggestion: audio cue for matchmaking

PostSun Aug 05, 2012 12:15 am

Great idea. It would also be good if you could flash the taskbar instance, the same way programs like Skype do when you have a new message. The combination of audio and visual cues would help hearing impaired or those playing with the sound off.

Kodakan

PostSun Aug 05, 2012 10:46 pm

great idea!

pmcc

PostTue Aug 07, 2012 10:48 am

I added the sound played when you end the inducements sequence.

Gaixo

PostTue Aug 07, 2012 4:23 pm

Cool, thanks. So when can we name our players? ;)

Return to General Forum