[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
• View topic - Deathroller & Big Guys

It is currently Tue May 14, 2024 6:04 pm

Deathroller & Big Guys

THE DUNGEON : The place to share your game experience.
  • Author

Darkson

Re: Deathroller & Big Guys

PostSat Aug 25, 2012 10:27 am

ST 4 = BG is a stupid idea. Do you work for Cyanide?
I'd love to play Blood Bowl on the PC, but I want a FULL version, not some bugged, incomplete one.

Home of the ARBBL

TrickyD

PostSat Aug 25, 2012 10:48 am

katadder wrote:but going by your team trys you listed because str4 is not BG:

amber could get both black orcs and a rat ogre
No I've clearly stated that in my theory BGs can only be chosen from the 3rd Race.
So Amber can either have:
2 Black Orcs
or
1 Black Orc & 1 rat ogre

katadder wrote:dark could have 4 flesh golems (2 from necro, 2 from your flesh golem team)

Dark can have only 2 Flesh Golems.

katadder wrote:golden could have 4 black orcs, 1 troll, 4 bull centaurs and a minotaur

Gold can have:
2 Bull Centaurs
or
1 Bull Centaur & 1 Black Ogre
or
1 Bull Centaur & 1 Saurus
or
1 Bull Centaur & 1 Krogixor

katadder wrote:grey could have 6 chaos warriors, 1 mino and 1 ogre

Grey can have:
2 Chaos Warriors
or
1 Chaos Warrior & 1 Ogre or Minotaur

katadder wrote:jade could have 6 black orcs 2 trolls

Jade can have:
2 Black Orcs
or
1 Black Orc and 1 Troll

katadder wrote:ruby could have 2 vamps and an ogre, or 2 vamps and a yeti

Ruby can have:
2 Vamps
or 1 Vamp and a 1 Yeti or 1 Ogre

katadder wrote:quartz could have 6 nurgle warriors and 2 tomb guardians or 1 tomb guardian 1 kroxigor

Quartz can have:
2 Nurgle Warriors
or
1 Nurgle Warrior and 1 Beast of Nurgle

katadder wrote:bone could have 8 saurus and a kroxigor

Bone can have:
2 Saurus
or
1 Saurus and 1 Kroxigor

katadder wrote:shadow could have 2 tombguardians/mummies and 2 flesh golems

Shadow can have:
2 Flesh golems
or
1 Flesh Golem & 1 Tomb Guardian or 1 Mummy

katadder wrote:pyrite could have 4 black orcs 2 trolls and 2 saurus
Pyrite can have:
2 Saurus
or
1 Saurus & 1 Black Orc or 1 Troll

I realise the lists you posted are how you want things to buy in some crazy world where STR4 is a big guy but above is how your lists work under current (cyanide) rules.
:arrow: No what I've posted here is the # of BG each college can have.
And as you can see no college will have more than 2 ST5 players per team.

katadder wrote:under current DB rules (ie not cyanide ones that only limit a team to 2 loners) quartz could actually have 6 nurgle warriors, 4 tomb guards and a kroxigor and shadow could have 4 tomb guardians, 2 mummies and 2 flesh golems.
No according to Warfish every ST5 figure will be considered a BG and in my theory every ST4 will also be a BG, which translates to each college only being able to start with 2 BGs (including the ST4 BGs).
And I believe that my theory stayed well within the parameter of only being able to start with 2 ST5 BGs.
8-) I guess most people won't like it but this way every College has roughly the same chances of winning a DB match.

TrickyD

PostSat Aug 25, 2012 11:03 am

Darkson wrote:ST 4 = BG is a stupid idea. Do you work for Cyanide?

:lol: LoL, no.
But Like any true artist I work with the material that is given me.

8-) And remember; I never complained about balance, the 2 Loner rule or that some Colleges have more than 3 BGs.
But I can see why Cyanide believes that the customer is king which is why we are given the new rule changes which in return results in my theory where ST4 is also a BG so each college has the same chance of winning a DB match.
At least with my new theory DB resembles balance.

katadder

PostSat Aug 25, 2012 11:47 am

TrickyD wrote:
katadder wrote:but going by your team trys you listed because str4 is not BG:

amber could get both black orcs and a rat ogre
No I've clearly stated that in my theory BGs can only be chosen from the 3rd Race.
So Amber can either have:
2 Black Orcs
or
1 Black Orc & 1 rat ogre

katadder wrote:dark could have 4 flesh golems (2 from necro, 2 from your flesh golem team)

Dark can have only 2 Flesh Golems.

katadder wrote:golden could have 4 black orcs, 1 troll, 4 bull centaurs and a minotaur

Gold can have:
2 Bull Centaurs
or
1 Bull Centaur & 1 Black Ogre
or
1 Bull Centaur & 1 Saurus
or
1 Bull Centaur & 1 Krogixor

katadder wrote:grey could have 6 chaos warriors, 1 mino and 1 ogre

Grey can have:
2 Chaos Warriors
or
1 Chaos Warrior & 1 Ogre or Minotaur

katadder wrote:jade could have 6 black orcs 2 trolls

Jade can have:
2 Black Orcs
or
1 Black Orc and 1 Troll

katadder wrote:ruby could have 2 vamps and an ogre, or 2 vamps and a yeti

Ruby can have:
2 Vamps
or 1 Vamp and a 1 Yeti or 1 Ogre

katadder wrote:quartz could have 6 nurgle warriors and 2 tomb guardians or 1 tomb guardian 1 kroxigor

Quartz can have:
2 Nurgle Warriors
or
1 Nurgle Warrior and 1 Beast of Nurgle

katadder wrote:bone could have 8 saurus and a kroxigor

Bone can have:
2 Saurus
or
1 Saurus and 1 Kroxigor

katadder wrote:shadow could have 2 tombguardians/mummies and 2 flesh golems

Shadow can have:
2 Flesh golems
or
1 Flesh Golem & 1 Tomb Guardian or 1 Mummy

katadder wrote:pyrite could have 4 black orcs 2 trolls and 2 saurus
Pyrite can have:
2 Saurus
or
1 Saurus & 1 Black Orc or 1 Troll

I realise the lists you posted are how you want things to buy in some crazy world where STR4 is a big guy but above is how your lists work under current (cyanide) rules.
:arrow: No what I've posted here is the # of BG each college can have.
And as you can see no college will have more than 2 ST5 players per team.

katadder wrote:under current DB rules (ie not cyanide ones that only limit a team to 2 loners) quartz could actually have 6 nurgle warriors, 4 tomb guards and a kroxigor and shadow could have 4 tomb guardians, 2 mummies and 2 flesh golems.
No according to Warfish every ST5 figure will be considered a BG and in my theory every ST4 will also be a BG, which translates to each college only being able to start with 2 BGs (including the ST4 BGs).
And I believe that my theory stayed well within the parameter of only being able to start with 2 ST5 BGs.
8-) I guess most people won't like it but this way every College has roughly the same chances of winning a DB match.

even with your crazy idea the teams I listed are correct as the extras like black orcs come from the standard orc team, bull centaurs come from the standard chaos dwarf team, so do minos etc.
cyanide cannot mess with the standard teams, they have already said that so your idea is so far off the grids its not even in sight.

as for saying making STR4 guys big guys makes it balanced, it doesnt at all. dwarves/norse come with block on everybody which str4 guys usually start with no skills. all elves are Ag4, are they big guys too? as the agile teams will win when everyone is str 3.

if you want every college to have the same chance then as the colleges are a human institution then feel free to play with just human teams in hotseat. then they all have the same chance. some teams have higher ST, some higher AG, some have high AV, some have high MA. this is how its balanced, not by some crazy ideas that would totally ruin the game even more than cyanide manages to.

Evilstein

PostSat Aug 25, 2012 12:08 pm

Tricky you really have to work for Cyanide...

katadder

PostSat Aug 25, 2012 12:41 pm

no he really doesnt, they make up bad enough rules as it is, dont want him to take them to the next level

TrickyD

PostSat Aug 25, 2012 12:53 pm

katadder wrote:as for saying making STR4 guys big guys makes it balanced, it doesnt at all. dwarves/norse come with block on everybody which str4 guys usually start with no skills. all elves are Ag4, are they big guys too? as the agile teams will win when everyone is str 3.
Only if you do not choose BGs will every player have ST3.

And again, I never was against the minimum of 2 Loner per team.
Heck, I'v e already mentioned in previous posts on this topic why some teams only have 2 ST5 BG (the Elven teams).
I even mentioned that it was also being unfair that some teams don't have access to AG4 players with access to AG skills like jump.
:lol: But I guess most people ignored them completely so they could stare themselves blind on BGs or their pet peeve the DR.

katadder wrote:if you want every college to have the same chance then as the colleges are a human institution then feel free to play with just human teams in hotseat. then they all have the same chance. some teams have higher ST, some higher AG, some have high AV, some have high MA. this is how its balanced, not by some crazy ideas that would totally ruin the game even more than cyanide manages to.
:D And again I've posted that if coaches who whine about balance, DR, 2 Loner rule or BGs should play checkers instead.

:roll: But with such a whiney community I can see why Cyanide keeps changing the rules to keep you all happy.

Evilstein wrote:Tricky you really have to work for Cyanide...
8-) Hey, I'm not the one who keeps bugging Cyanide to change the rules concerning the DR, BGs or the 2 Loner rule.
But I'm able to run with what is given me.

Coach Jester

PostSun Aug 26, 2012 9:55 am

Darkson wrote:ST 4 = BG is a stupid idea. Do you work for Cyanide?

+1
what are you thinking?... answer is your not
do you want Cyanide to break this great game even more than they already have

its bad enough the made it so you can only have 2 str 5 guys in a team and did NOTHING bout the Death roller :roll: :cry: :evil:

TrickyD

PostSun Aug 26, 2012 10:03 am

Coach Jester wrote:what are you thinking?... answer is your not
:lol: LoL ST4 figures being BGs makes perfect sense.
Does the majority of the BB community not already consider a BG a Blocker; a slow guy who blocks the opposition by standing in the way? The fact that he doesn't start with Block, nor has normal access to General Skills is not a problem, right?
8-) So if BGs are considered to be stronger than the average Blocker (have at least ST4) who do not begin with Block from the start then all ST4 figures should be considered BGs too.

:arrow: Which means that the DB limitation of 2BGs per team also applies to them.
If, with the exception of ST4 figures, all the other BGs had Loner (so no more 1/2ling Treemen etc) and it was only possible to pick BGs from the 3rd Race DB would be more balanced.

Darkson

PostSun Aug 26, 2012 7:10 pm

Wow- never thought I'd see the day when Cyanide actually looked like a good option, but here it is.

Cyanide, please don't listen to TrickyD - he actually makes your crap "fix" look vaguely sensible!
I'd love to play Blood Bowl on the PC, but I want a FULL version, not some bugged, incomplete one.

Home of the ARBBL
PreviousNext

Return to General Forum