[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
• View topic - Summer is here...

It is currently Wed May 15, 2024 9:02 pm

Summer is here...

THE DUNGEON : The place to share your game experience.
  • Author

Reed

Re: Summer is here...

PostWed Aug 08, 2012 8:01 pm

Bucc wrote:does it cost money? If so, what happens if one decides not to buy it? Can you still download and play the maps with the new elements?

These have been answered before in some thread which is why I can tell you that it will cost about the same as the other DLC and that you can indeed play the maps with new elements even if you don't buy them, you just won't see the new elements -- they will look like old elements.

Bucc

PostWed Aug 08, 2012 8:06 pm

Thanks Reed!
The last part; Look like the old elements? Wow, that would be interesting lol. But seems like a good solution. So one player is battling it out in a nice flower garden - the other in an underground temple of doom? Well, the eye of the beholder.

Anyway, Jolly bring us rivers of blood, walls of bone and thrones of death and spikes next! I want to build evil temples.

DeToX86

PostWed Aug 08, 2012 8:37 pm

I propose that more time is spent fixing the long list bugs and less time is spent on providing us more ways to decorate the walls..... :shock:

/rant over.

Reed

PostWed Aug 08, 2012 8:45 pm

@Bucc: Here's the price quote from Jolly: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=600&start=10#p3033
Here's Brihaspati's comments about the element compatibility: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=600&start=20#p3044
I haven't chased up the pieces he's referring to, ymmv.

Bucc

PostWed Aug 08, 2012 8:54 pm

Detox - Difference is, that one of the two earns Cyanide money, the other doesn't (maybe indirectly though, yes). And further, it is done by different people - one the artist, the other the programmer.

Reed - thanks again. Alrigt, we will see how it turns out. Seeing the standard stuff seems plausible, though I wonder how exactly. Like the big fungus would be a brazier instead or something like it. There is a lot of obstacles though, so...

Reed

PostWed Aug 08, 2012 9:02 pm

The dungeon element functional compatibility presupposes an element functional classification and this is indeed what the map editor uses. The rest is "just" model and skin replacement. Should work nicely but might lead to funny looking maps for the DLCless.

Zunova

PostThu Aug 09, 2012 11:22 am

Just Downloading it now but you might want to fix your website as I am looking at a confirmation that has well over 30 'how to download' boxes (more like 100) they all contain the same (my) serial number.

Waldorf

PostSun Aug 12, 2012 9:24 pm

Does the DLC include new maps which use the new assets?

Bucc

PostSun Aug 12, 2012 11:32 pm

Yes, 3 Cyanide ones. They all look very good, and balanced. Not nearly as narrow as the enclosed dungeon ones. Also there is the useruploaded ones. I am uploading Druids Grove shortly. Evilstein has made a great one called Gog and Magog Beach or somtething like it.

I would like that they were matchmakers though, I have one played a map outside the matchmakers against a human opponent once

Waldorf

PostSun Aug 12, 2012 11:36 pm

Cheers Bucc, I'll splash the cash then.
PreviousNext

Return to General Forum