[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
• View topic - Not scoring on purpose - OK or not?

It is currently Wed May 15, 2024 10:32 pm

Not scoring on purpose - OK or not?

THE DUNGEON : The place to share your game experience.
  • Author

Coach Jester

Re: Not scoring on purpose - OK or not?

PostFri Sep 07, 2012 10:02 am

spubbbba wrote:
Gaixo wrote:I wouldn't go so far as to say I support it. It's better than what we've got now, certainly, but adding draws would be much better. This "solution" still rewards cynical play, just not quite as much.

Bah, that is for the weak. You shouldn’t even get the win unless you score or make the other coach concede. In fact I’d give neither team any money or MVP in that situation.

How about when a team runs out of players the game continues until turn 24 or the other coach runs out of players. But to keep things interesting then each turn a minotaur, ogre or troll gets teleported in under the control of the player who warped out 1st.

make it 10 death rollers come in to clean out the dungeon :lol:

Quindia

Re: Not scoring on purpose - OK or not?

PostSat Sep 08, 2012 9:58 pm

I had the exact opposite happen yesterday. We had fairly new teams, and my opponent simply refused to pursue my offense. I had the ball and stared at the deathroller turn after turn. Couldn't break through the stationary defense at all. I ended up just tossing the ball back and forth between two dark elves for 1 SPP per turn. I just wish you could concede the game in a more favorable way. Sometimes these games go on forever.
The King of Coinjock
Previous

Return to General Forum