[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
• View topic - Cyanide announces Dungeonbowl on PC.

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:48 pm

Cyanide announces Dungeonbowl on PC.

THE END-ZONE : Discussions about official news.
  • Author

Jolly Roger

Cyanide announces Dungeonbowl on PC.

PostTue Apr 10, 2012 3:29 pm

We are pleased to announce the upcoming release of Dungeonbowl. This online only game is played with characters from Games Workshop's renowned Blood Bowl world.

Dungeonbowl is the next exciting Blood Bowl experience, set in the fantasy American Football inspired game world already adapted as a video game by Cyanide. The key difference between Dungeonbowl and Blood Bowl as is rather obvious from the name, is that Dungeonbowl is played in a dangerous dungeon!

The wizards created the Dungeonbowl as they wanted to know which Magic College was the most powerful. The game introduces some subtle modifications to the standard Blood Bowl rules. A match is still played between two teams, but each side is composed of three races. For example, the roster of a Rainbow Wizards team contains Wood Elves, Halflings and Humans. The second difference is that the first team to score a touchdown wins the match. This task is made significantly more difficult by the fact that the ball is hidden in one of six treasure chests, five of which are booby-trapped with an explosive spell. Last, but by no means least, movement within the dungeon is both facilitated and complicated by teleporter pads. These allow players to magically zap from one position to another; a mishap, however, can lead to a player being zapped out of the match. As with Blood Bowl, the game is driven by dice and each player plays in turn.

Dungeonbowl continues Cyanide's successful collaboration with Games Workshop and their rich and varied Blood Bowl world. The gameplay should therefore delight existing Blood Bowl fans as well as offer a gateway to this zany parody of Warhammer®and American Football for fans of tactical sports gaming.

Dungeonbowl is scheduled for release in the second quarter of 2012 and will be available on the Windows PC.

MattDakka

Re: Cyanide announces Dungeonbowl on PC.

PostTue Apr 10, 2012 10:57 pm

Jolly Roger wrote:A match is still played between two teams, but each side is composed of three races. For example, the roster of a Rainbow Wizards team contains Wood Elves, Halflings and Humans.

Does that mean you can have Wardancers, wood elf catchers and throwers and some cheap fodder human linemen? Maybe a halfling or 2 as they might be quite good with stunty. Are Treemen part of the wood elf and fling roster or a separate race?
ImageImage

edalie

PostWed Apr 11, 2012 1:01 am

Hi!

I remember in the original game the teams were divided into races primary, secondary and tertiary. in each division there were limitations to field players... look nice!!! :D

Jolly Roger

PostWed Apr 11, 2012 11:05 am

Hello !
Well... It will be se same in the video game. :)

edalie

PostThu Apr 12, 2012 9:18 am

awesome!!

Steele

PostThu Apr 12, 2012 10:13 am

Yay!

TheMightyZug

PostSat Apr 14, 2012 1:05 pm

This is so amazing! I never got to play Dungeon Bowl back in the day. Next yous will be telling me that Heroquest is in development :p never gonna happen because it was an MB game but anyway I can always wish for it. :mrgreen:
Thats me happy for the rest of month now :)

saintpaul

PostSun Apr 15, 2012 8:09 am

Im in the same boat Mighty Zug.

Despite playing TT bloodbowl many years ago, sometime around 2nd ed, I never had the opportunity to play Dungeon Bowl so Im excited.

And LoL at Heroquest. I found the TT game in my local Op shop the other week for $3. Needless to say I snapped it up. I just need my 3 & 4 year olds to get a bit older so I can play with them :D

Leonardo

PostSun Apr 15, 2012 11:34 am

Same to me. Play BB for more than 20 years. Never played DB.
I am curious. But more than DB i hope there will be some userfriendly BB GUI some time. Some Spectator-Mode and some sencemaking Replay-Player.

Make good Products before start making new ones. :)

And at last: I dont wanna have Heroquest. I wanna have Necromunda :)
Admin of the Dangerdome

TheMightyZug

PostSun Apr 15, 2012 6:14 pm

Necromunda!!

I've been having withdrawal symptoms from that game for the past 10 years... GW are fools for not pushing out a proper Necromunda pc game. I would gladly pay £100 for it :P
Seriously though I would...

I'd also pay 100 snoops for advanced space crusade, advanced heroquest, battlefleet gothic and epic 40000. I'd be one broke but mightily happy mother****** if them games came out :lol:

You got a bargain saintpaul!
http://www.timetradingpostvortex.co.uk/ ... 2047-p.asp

Return to News