[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
• View topic - Presentation of the Bright College

It is currently Mon May 20, 2024 5:32 pm

Presentation of the Bright College

THE END-ZONE : Discussions about official news.
  • Author

BloodSkull

Re: Presentation of the Bright College

PostSat May 05, 2012 9:41 am

I agree with you there, but that is still relevant within the context of a race. When you start being able to play BOBs, WEs and GRs in one team then it gets crazy. The limitations on positionals in the DB rules weren't placed there for no reason.

Actually in the original rules there is nothing stopping you from fielding that team. Because 4 Blockers, 2 Catchers (runners), 2 Special. I do see the point your trying to make.

The Team insanity that comes out of the breaking of rules, again quoting old rosters because we have not seen any thing new that will give us hopeful future optimism, You get really mind blowing combinations while some teams have one build and your done teams.

Amber: Team 1) 10 Blitzers all with block, 4 with GA for ball playing, 6 with GS and 2 of them with Mutation on doubles, 1 who cares.
Team 2) 4 BOBs, 6 Blitzers, and who cares or 4 BOBs, 4-5 Blitzers and 2 Gutter Runners

Team 30) Blah Blah Blah I still have open possibilities

Amethyst: Team 1) 4 Gutters, 2 Blitzers, 2 throwers, 3-4 Special gobbos, and the rest who cares this is your team
Team 2) See team 1
Team 30) See Team 1

Jade: Team 1) 2 Trolls, 6 Orcs ranging combinations between 4 BOBS and 4 Blitz, and Gobbos
Team 2) See Team 1
Team 30) See Team 1

Golden: Team 1) 10 Blockers (4 BOBs and 6 CDs), 2 Ogres
Team 2) 8 Blockers, 2 Bull Centaurs, 2 Ogres
Team 30) Not likely but plausible

Though if they are going to smash all the rules Id actually like to see Amethyst and Jade changed. Even though you can play all linemen for the Amethyst and jade teams Im looking at Feasible lines that make you competitive and not another team that's used for bending over and giving SPP to opposing players.

dode74

PostSat May 05, 2012 10:37 am

Are GRs considered catchers though? It's one of the many (now sadly irrelevant) questions which transferring the old rules to CRP brought up.

BloodSkull

PostSat May 05, 2012 10:41 am

Under the old rules I'm certain they where considered Catchers and was divided into 2 categories, but I'll try to reconfirm that.

BloodSkull

PostSat May 05, 2012 11:33 am

I can not find a rule for that, so I think we might have housed ruled it because we had an argument over the Dark Wizards (Undead, DE, Trolls)

We specified the obvious Mummies as Blockers, Skeletons and Zombies as linemen, Wights as Blitzers because they had Block compared to every other Blitzer. Most of our arguments began on what to classify the Ghouls as either special or catchers. Long and boring story short I think we came to an agreement that any unit designed for ball handling would be considered as catchers.

So as for above I may sit corrected

So, to pick a team, first pick a college, and then pick the players.Dungeonbowl teams can have up to 16 players, and can include up to two blitzers, four blockers, four catchers, two throwers, one star player, and any number of linemen. If you can use players that don’t fit into any of these categories (Dark Elf Witch Elves, for example), then you may have up to two of them.

Mind you its not really clear you can have just 2 No fits categories period or just 2 of that Nondescript type because I can not find the clarification of the rule.
Last edited by BloodSkull on Sat May 05, 2012 12:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tristelune

PostSat May 05, 2012 11:56 am

Will doesn't have limits to positionnal in a team except loner. You can have 4 humans blitzers et 2 dwarfs blitzer in the same team for exemple.

BloodSkull

PostSat May 05, 2012 12:25 pm

Yeah will if you read my post from the top of page 5. No really, that not the pointed argument.

The argument is based on the LRB 5-6 Rosters in Dungeon Bowl that was implemented back in the LRB 3 days when the Halfling and Gobbo teams only had 16 Halflings and Gobbos on their team period. Even having 10 Blitzers on a team is more than flamboyant, but I look forward to the Possibility of the changes to Jade and Amethyst teams if they are not majorly over hauled and it's a waste of space to place them in the game as it stands now.

dode74

PostSat May 05, 2012 7:32 pm

Tristelune wrote:Will doesn't have limits to positionnal in a team except loner. You can have 4 humans blitzers et 2 dwarfs blitzer in the same team for exemple.

Not according to the GW rules. This is a Cyanide invention.

Mind you its not really clear you can have just 2 No fits categories period or just 2 of that Nondescript type because I can not find the clarification of the rule.
Seems to me that they are talking about an overall limit rather than a per-roster limit due to the context of the paragraph.

Tristelune

PostSat May 05, 2012 8:16 pm

Yes but GW is Ok with that ! The rosters are not same too.

dode74

PostSat May 05, 2012 9:29 pm

Tristelune wrote:Yes but GW is Ok with that !

That doesn't make it a good thing.

The question is: why?

Tristelune

PostSat May 05, 2012 10:07 pm

If I was understand, the problem is in LRB6 all players doesn't are : launcher, catcher, blitzer or other class, it's very difficult to give a class for all.
PreviousNext

Return to News